What Dram Are You Enjoying Summer 2019

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

3 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

Traigh Bhan is très bien…

IMG_2420.thumb.jpg.245901576814ff2bbd72c799ba22cc93.jpg

Now I get it.  Gaelic is just badly spelled French!

• I like it 1

A spicy, smoky Dalwhinnie/Caol Ila dry hump… a pleasant surprise. Too bad that this classic pack is being dialed out.

IMG_2404.thumb.jpg.4efbd22b42c64e133e01d2d26403a6fd.jpg

• I like it 1

This 2005 BenRiach Peated/Port Dram is stunning.  Think like, taking a break from raking leaves on a cool damp autumn evening with hot cocoa and warm cherry pie around the fire pit. 

I went back and bought the other bottle.  Drams like this are why I whiskey. 

I also whipped up a batch of smokey monkey, another cracking blend. 

• I like it 1

Third day in a row with an Islay goody. Tonight it's a 2007 Binny's G&M Caol Ila. Young at 7yrs, hot at 120.6 proof, but with water to bring it down to around 100 proof it's very tasty.

• I like it 2

My sample bottle finally ran dry, so I had to pop the full size version. Sure wish I could happen across an indie Oban at some point to compare the OBs against.

IMG_2426.thumb.jpg.3708e37532cd4137337c7583935ae10f.jpg

• I like it 1

I bought Ardbeg 10 and am really enjoying it.  Between this and Laphroaig 10 I've become a complete Peathead.  Bourbon is still my favorite though.

Edited by kaiserhog
  • I like it 1

8 hours ago, kaiserhog said:

I bought Ardbeg 10 and am really enjoying it.  Between this and Laphroaig 10 I've become a complete Peathead.  Bourbon is still my favorite though.

I'd highly recommend Ledaig 10 for briny bourbony sweety peatness, if not already tried! 

• I like it 5

11 hours ago, beasled said:

I'd highly recommend Ledaig 10 for briny bourbony sweety peatness, if not already tried! 

I would definitley be on the look out for this, have not seen it in my neck of the woods yet.

• I like it 1

Second time I've had to perform surgery on these new Macallan trick thread closures-- I guess these bottles really aren't intended to be opened.

IMG_2620.thumb.jpg.3bb2dd142684d3a82513e5ba6fa6689c.jpg

• I like it 1

10 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

Second time I've had to perform surgery on these new Macallan trick thread closures-- I guess these bottles really aren't intended to be opened.

Was it worth the trouble?

7 hours ago, JvW said:

Was it worth the trouble?

Sure, clipping off the engaging "teeth" was the only way to ensure a proper seal.

5BF6CC86-28D8-42C6-9115-769F61EC70B3.thumb.jpeg.53862a791b4b3a0b23bdc61b2fde5ee5.jpegHaving a good pour from are friends up North. 

I’m intrigued by this. I thought Canadian whisky was a blend of different barrels. If this a barrel selection of one of there mixing barrels I’m intrigued, which I’m assuming it is.

Was convinced by a coworker to try the Glengoyne at a very unique bar in bar in Paris.

I picked the rum and the Madison Du Whisky Scotch selection.

Wow just wow. I’ve been off Scotch for 10 years but these have reopened my eyes. The idea of people paying prices like $200 plus for W12 but leaving stuff like this on a shelf is mind boggling.

IMG_7984.jpg
IMG_7982.jpg
IMG_7983.jpg
IMG_7980.jpg
IMG_7985.jpg

• I like it 2

58 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

I’m intrigued by this. I thought Canadian whisky was a blend of different barrels. If this a barrel selection of one of there mixing barrels I’m intrigued, which I’m assuming it is.

This comes from the high corn whiskey they use in the blend. Its more of a bourbon mash. Very soft to drink.

15 hours ago, beasled said:

Been thinking about this one since mentioning it. Temp here's dropped, seemed like a good time. 

EDpoA_hXsAA7twF.jpeg

Yum, enjoy! I like the Ledaig 10. It has gotten a bit more difficult to find stateside, at least around me, but worth seeking out.

5 hours ago, dad-proof said:

Yum, enjoy! I like the Ledaig 10. It has gotten a bit more difficult to find stateside, at least around me, but worth seeking out.

That's a shame... Plentiful over here of course, and a very reasonable £38 in some places. 

Definitely worth seeking out.

• I like it 1

This is quite nice for the price. Picked it up at duty free on Saturday. Just getting back into Scotch after a long hiatus. Need to search here for a primer.

IMG_8060.jpg

It's not a secret that Tamdhu's Batch Strength is on my blacklist. This batch 2 was very difficult to get through in 2+ years with the strong artificial vanilla car deodorizer nose. I'll stick to A'bunadh.

IMG_20190913_002858.jpg

Laphroaig 10 at ATL on my way to Kentucky... lots of dudes ordering mimosas— letting it all hang out on a Friday. 

CC2FA62C-874E-49B9-B348-A9FE8ECBBE39.thumb.jpeg.0a99efcaa1b17688cf1c1abf5fb7e7ae.jpeg

• I like it 1

Port Charlotte 10yr, which was supposed to be a liquor store stand sample, but turned out a hefty pour, I think I'm all set for tonight. Excellent and unique stuff from Bruichladdich as always.

• I like it 2

End of the weekend pour, and not sure there is another whiskey I might choose over it.  I have loved every single pour from this bottle.  I hate to take the last pour and put it down, but I saw one at a local last week that I can pick up to replace this week.  

6BB68E6E-14F5-42A3-A87C-7585CD2BAA52.jpeg

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.