Knob Creek 12 Year Old

kevinbrink
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

13 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

While I haven't yet seen a revised label for KC 9 year since the announcement it was coming back, this 12 year old was just approved

https://www.ttbonline.gov/colasonline/viewColaDetails.do?action=publicDisplaySearchBasic&ttbid=19155001000696

Hmmm. The link wouldn't load right for me, so I can't say much, except that I'll assume this would come into the pipeline with an attendant price increase... I imagine.... around $60?

8 minutes ago, Richnimrod said:

Hmmm. The link wouldn't load right for me, so I can't say much, except that I'll assume this would come into the pipeline with an attendant price increase... I imagine.... around $60?

image.thumb.png.14453bb54d8ed6a53eadbc993d0da094.png

image.thumb.png.5ca8551583e55f7c1802d7106ec2a508.png

• I like it 1

11 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

I think this is another sign that the days of the extra aged KCSiB store picks are coming to an end...

• I like it 4

• 1 month later...

I've really been hitting the Beam sauce lately - I've got four open bottles and that's likely a record for me:   Bakers,  Bookers (Backyard BBQ),  Beam Single Barrel and a 14-year old, 120 proof Knob Creek store pick (from Canal's in South Jersey).  

I tried the Bookers and Knob Creek side by side the other night.   Given the difference in age (7 vs. 14 years),   I was surprised at how similar they tasted.   Both were pleasantly oaky,  with neither the 14-year over-oaked nor the 7-year under-oaked.   Kind of interesting that 14 years in the lower floors of a warehouse apparently equals 7 years on the middle to upper floors.     The difference between the two was mostly that of balance and the depth of the characteristic Beam "dark cherry" note;  it was an instructive contrast between a single barrel and a careful blend.     The winner?   Besides me for getting to enjoy both,   the nod goes to the Bookers.   

51 minutes ago, Jazzhead said:

I tried the Bookers and Knob Creek side by side the other night.   Given the difference in age (7 vs. 14 years),   I was surprised at how similar they tasted.   Both were pleasantly oaky,  with neither the 14-year over-oaked nor the 7-year under-oaked.   Kind of interesting that 14 years in the lower floors of a warehouse apparently equals 7 years on the middle to upper floors.     The difference between the two was mostly that of balance and the depth of the characteristic Beam "dark cherry" note;  it was an instructive contrast between a single barrel and a careful blend.     The winner?   Besides me for getting to enjoy both,   the nod goes to the Bookers.   

Try a blend of two parts Booker's and one part KCSB 14yo.  I call it "Poor Man's Booker's 30th".  Better than each alone, IMO. 

• I like it 5

1 hour ago, fosmith said:

Try a blend of two parts Booker's and one part KCSB 14yo.  I call it "Poor Man's Booker's 30th".  Better than each alone, IMO. 

I think you are onto something here.

• I like it 3

What will we call this? 

"Knobber's?"

"Booker's Knob?"

"The Knocktail?"

"The Fo' Sho?"

32 minutes ago, The Black Tot said:

What will we call this? 

"Knobber's?"

"Booker's Knob?"

"The Knocktail?"

"The Fo' Sho?"

Is it wrong that I'd lean towards Booker's Knob? ?

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, The Black Tot said:

What will we call this? 

"Knobber's?"

"Booker's Knob?"

"The Knocktail?"

"The Fo' Sho?"

How about "Noe Better Bourbon"?

• I like it 4

Or the "Boo Boo?"

The "Booksmart?"

"Small Botch?"

It's your creation, fosmith. You get to call it.

Edited by The Black Tot
  • I like it 1

5 hours ago, Vosgar said:

It's my favorite, too :)

5 hours ago, Vosgar said:

Just don’t lean too close.

• I like it 2

7 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Damn....... I need to pay more attention to what I'm typing! :blink::D  However, it doesn't surprise me in the least that if anyone would catch the double meaning, it'd be you, Joe!

• I like it 2

^^^^Double meaning duly noted:), but the actual 'knobs' of KY do just so happen to through the Bernheim area. 

Therefore, Booker's Knob is a more than suitable name, IMO.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Vosgar said:

Damn....... I need to pay more attention to what I'm typing! :blink::D  However, it doesn't surprise me in the least that if anyone would catch the double meaning, it'd be you, Joe!

:D

• I like it 3

I was tempted to say something like this when I first read it, but then I decided that I was just going to be nice and let it lie for someone else to jump on...and I thought it might you! [emoji12]
  • I like it 1

15 hours ago, Vosgar said:

yes it would be wrong to lean towards that. 

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.