Knob creek 12 yr/100 proof

Mako254
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On the internet this AM. 

Aahhmm. Campari, we are all waiting. 

4B61848A-2E59-4754-98B4-2CE6FA4F794D.png

• I like it 6

On the internet this AM. 

4B61848A-2E59-4754-98B4-2CE6FA4F794D.thumb.png.45f1eca87a0f475357432529c1934ab5.png

I would love to get that for a daily .

Wow Mako, guess you don't follow my posts ;), In all seriousness though wondering if this is a regular release or some sort of LE

With all the 11-14 year store picks, it seems like Beam has a decent amount of well aged stock these days. It will be interesting to see if this is a limited or more of a regular release.

Fred has always maintained that they would bring an age statement back to KC.  Maybe this was the plan all along?  Drop the 9, bottle the 7, and wait for the 9 to turn 12.  Brilliant! 

8 hours ago, Guss West said:

Fred has always maintained that they would bring an age statement back to KC.  Maybe this was the plan all along?  Drop the 9, bottle the 7, and wait for the 9 to turn 12.  Brilliant! 

9 is coming back too. 

I know the barrel program for KC was going to be put on hold for a bit. 

Mayb we don’t see as many 13-14 y kcsb??

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, Mako254 said:

9 is coming back too. 

I know the barrel program for KC was going to be put on hold for a bit. 

Mayb we don’t see as many 13-14 y kcsb??

Or yearning for the days of 13 - 14 y kcsb... :(

Whatever direction this is going, I must say the label has my complete attention. ?

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, fosmith said:

Or yearning for the days of 13 - 14 y kcsb... :(

I always assumed those older picks were an anomaly and wouldn't last long, so I see this label as a positive... depending on price of course.

On 6/27/2019 at 10:55 AM, Mako254 said:

On the internet this AM. 

4B61848A-2E59-4754-98B4-2CE6FA4F794D.png

Campari isn’t involved with Beam. Suntory is the one to wait for on this. 

31 minutes ago, BottledInBond said:

Campari isn’t involved with Beam. Suntory is the one to wait for on this. 

I think he’s asking for a return of WT101 12 yr. 

• I like it 9

Interesting. I'm curious how the position this — more like the reasonable cask strength rye or more like the 15 year special editions a few years ago?

On 6/27/2019 at 3:36 PM, kevinbrink said:

Wow Mako, guess you don't follow my posts ;), In all seriousness though wondering if this is a regular release or some sort of LE

Gah!!!

I saw it and didn’t even check the TTB thread. My fault. Mods, merge if practicable. 

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, CUfan99 said:

Correct. 

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, CUfan99 said:

1 hour ago, Mako254 said:

Correct. 

Who isn't? 

• I like it 1

14 hours ago, Mako254 said:

Correct. 

Ah that makes sense now. Unfortunately it seems pretty unlikely that this KC will be affordable, nor would I expect WT12/101 to be affordable if it ever comes back

• I like it 1

Anyone who has been to warehouse K for a barrel selection of KC has seen basically an entire rickhouse full of very old barrels of KC.  Not a surprise, really.  Only that they didn't do it sooner.

10 hours ago, BottledInBond said:

Ah that makes sense now. Unfortunately it seems pretty unlikely that this KC will be affordable, nor would I expect WT12/101 to be affordable if it ever comes back

I remain cautiously optimistic, of course affordability is relative to each of our budgets. If this falls at or under $60 I would buy one out of curiosity despite having a bunch of older higher proof picks bunkered.

14 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

I remain cautiously optimistic, of course affordability is relative to each of our budgets. If this falls at or under $60 I would buy one out of curiosity despite having a bunch of older higher proof picks bunkered.

Yeah $60 for this and I’m still a buyer too. But the memory is still fresh on the KC 2001 and KC 25th that were priced over $100 so I have to be careful not to get my hopes up too much. 

4 minutes ago, BottledInBond said:

Yeah $60 for this and I’m still a buyer too. But the memory is still fresh on the KC 2001 and KC 25th that were priced over $100 so I have to be careful not to get my hopes up too much. 

Only time will tell, on the other hand the KC Rye limited releases have been very fairly priced so I'm hoping this is in line with those.

• I like it 1

On 6/29/2019 at 6:08 PM, kevinbrink said:

Considering that store pick 120proof Single Barrels are readily available for less than $50 I don’t see that high of a price tag. Call me crazy but I’m hoping for $42.99 as the MSRP. 

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, Limegoldconvertible68 said:

Considering that store pick 120proof Single Barrels are readily available for less than $50 I don’t see that high of a price tag. Call me crazy but I’m hoping for $42.99 as the MSRP. 

I appreciate your optimism and hope you're correct, I'm not sure how much store picks will factor in, until recently they were all effectively labeled 9 years old, and rumors of the demise of the well aged picks are starting to get louder. Maybe it's just the fresh sting of HH BIB's new price but I'm feeling less optimistic than you here.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.