Knob creek 12 yr/100 proof

Mako254
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Beam sees HM10 and is trying to raise.  I would think they see an opportunity at $53-60. We'll see. I like Beam at 7-9 years, so I'm dispassionate about this one.

1 hour ago, dad-proof said:

Beam sees HM10 and is trying to raise.  I would think they see an opportunity at $53-60. We'll see. I like Beam at 7-9 years, so I'm dispassionate about this one.

Be interesting to see how it takes the cutting and what barrels they use. 

If they are pulling from lower floors it might have a different profile. I’ll buy at least 1. 

I just love this.

I have enough KC120 stashed away that I don't need to buy any more, but I really dig Beam putting this kind of age pressure on the market.

Would love to see some more dirty dozens on the market, even if they sell out before I get there. 

Some of those older barrels that are left after the honeys are picked can be on the unbalanced side - blending them into a batch could just be the ticket. 

I do wish it was 110+ proof, but this is picking nits at this point. 

Good on ya, Beam!

• I like it 5

2 hours ago, Mako254 said:

Be interesting to see how it takes the cutting and what barrels they use. 

If they are pulling from lower floors it might have a different profile. I’ll buy at least 1. 

Good points!

I just love this.

I have enough KC120 stashed away that I don't need to buy any more, but I really dig Beam putting this kind of age pressure on the market.

Would love to see some more dirty dozens on the market, even if they sell out before I get there. 

Some of those older barrels that are left after the honeys are picked can be on the unbalanced side - blending them into a batch could just be the ticket. 

Good on ya, Beam!
That might be why the rumor Elijah Craig may be going back to the 12 year ate statement on there label.
  • I like it 1

• 4 weeks later...

Have not found the 12 year old as yet. Although the hunt was not a total loss as I found the 9 year old.

On 7/7/2019 at 10:43 AM, BigPapa said:
On 7/1/2019 at 3:55 PM, The Black Tot said:
I just love this.

Good on ya, Beam!

That might be why the rumor Elijah Craig may be going back to the 12 year ate statement on there label.

Haven’t heard a peep about EC12 making a come back.  Where did you see it?

Local spot has KC 14 year store pick and grabbed a couple bottles today. Another barrel of it is on its way. Only a few places in the Dallas area have it

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2019 at 4:39 PM, BourbonTexan said:

Local spot has KC 14 year store pick and grabbed a couple bottles today. Another barrel of it is on its way. Only a few places in the Dallas area have it

A local LS last spring had a 14 y.o. store pick SiB. Wow. Blows away all other renditions I've had. Vanilla, caramel and surprisingly not over oaked. Maybe a lower floor? I went back for 2 additional bottles the same week and by the following week they were sold out.

Just returned home after a trip to the Beam distillery.  Had a few questions answered on the topic of KC12, KC SmB age statement, Bakers new program...

The 12 release and the return of the age statement on the SmB will likely occur at the same time.  It could be as soon as Oct/Nov, but there are a couple KC one-offs that are planned too, and they wont do all of it at once.  Most likely scenario is one-offs this fall, AS releases in winter.  They dont want to muddy the water with too much at once.  The PS program will definitely be affected by the new KC12, and intentionally.  They, like the rest of us, view the KC PS as underpriced, but it seems they learned from the Bookers hike.  Instead of changing price, they will introduce new product with seperate price structure, then cut back on PS availability.

A little OT for this thread, but the Bakers new format will be simultaneous release of SiB 7 yr/107 and also a 13 yr.  A little consternation, as the ability to support the 13 long term is limited, and runs the risk of overshadowing the new 7/107 SiB.  It's already the red-headed stepchild, and if too much distraction from the 13 yr, there is concern it may stay that way, despite the new investment in the re-brand.

• I like it 11

Well, intel is only as accurate as the current plans...  sounded like things were still somewhat fluid.  Very interesting to understand the thought process that goes into decisions like that.

An opposing viewpoint for Bakers was to release the 7/107 SiB,  get it in the marketplace for awhile, then follow up with a limited run of the 13s.  Would make more sense in terms of brand establishment and long term viability.  The pipeline to continue the 13s is very limited.  There is a decent stock of 13s for a current release, but historically not much Bakers laid down to sustain at that same level.  

• I like it 1

• 2 months later...

Just pick up the first bottle of knob creek 12yr at the LS.  Has anyone reviewed it yet haven't opened it and won't until next week with friends as I celebrate new job

• I like it 1

14 hours ago, Cornfed12 said:

Just pick up the first bottle of knob creek 12yr at the LS.  Has anyone reviewed it yet haven't opened it and won't until next week with friends as I celebrate new job

K&L got this in last month at $55 and it's not exactly flying off the shelves.  No surprise since 14 yr KCSB is $50.  I would love to see a review, tho...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.