Trip to Coeur d’Alene ID/ Spokane WA Area

marshall9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I’ll be taking a work trip to Coeur d’Alene ID in August. Any recommendations bars with good selections, liquor stores, and generally how the store pricing is of it’s around msrp or inflated for the most part. Seems like it’s a controlled state but may be some independently run stores, not sure. Will be flying in and out of Spokane.

9 hours ago, marshall9779 said:

I’ll be taking a work trip to Coeur d’Alene ID in August. Any recommendations bars with good selections, liquor stores, and generally how the store pricing is of it’s around msrp or inflated for the most part. Seems like it’s a controlled state but may be some independently run stores, not sure. Will be flying in and out of Spokane.

Idaho is a control state. Anything allocated gets raffled statewide. 

Anything in Washington will have mega high taxes.

2 hours ago, flahute said:

This times eleventy

On 6/27/2019 at 8:38 PM, flahute said:

Idaho is a control state. Anything allocated gets raffled statewide. 

Idaho is currently undergoing some changes in its approach to liquor marketing (new head of retail operations).  I recently attended whiskey event at a local store that featured many previously raffle-only libations including Old Fitzgerald 13, Weller 12, OWA, RHF, ETL, Mr. Sam etc.  These items were available FCFS with a three bottle maximum and no multiple purchases permitted.  It was amazing to see numerous cases of these products available for sale.  There are more of these events planned in the coming months...

Edited by mwmac

On 6/27/2019 at 11:03 AM, marshall9779 said:

This might help with your search:  Coeur d'Alene zip code is 83814

https://mixblendenjoy.com/products/?cat_id=W&sub_id=W1&sort_by=&promotion=&size=

35 minutes ago, mwmac said:

Idaho is currently undergoing some changes in its approach to liquor marketing (new head of retail operations).  I recently attended whiskey event at a local store that featured many previously raffle-only libations including Old Fitzgerald 13, Weller 12, OWA, RHF, ETL, Mr. Sam etc.  These items were available FCFS with a three bottle maximum and no multiple purchases permitted.  It was amazing to see numerous cases of these products available for sale.  There are more of these events planned in the coming months...

Nice! Great news for Idaho residents.

This might help with your search:  Coeur d'Alene zip code is 83814
https://mixblendenjoy.com/products/?cat_id=W&sub_id=W1&sort_by=&promotion=&size=

Great. Thanks for the link. They do have some stuff in stock that I can never find. Don’t see any Weller listed when I searched. A Stagg Jr. might have to fly home with me if they still have.

7 minutes ago, marshall9779 said:

Great. Thanks for the link. They do have some stuff in stock that I can never find. Don’t see any Weller listed when I searched. A Stagg Jr. might have to fly home with me if they still have.

You can easily find Jr. in WA if you don’t find it in Idaho. 

Just got an email notice of two events:  July 10th, Maker's Mark Private Select tasting in Coeur d'Alene at Greenbrier Inn; July 12th, 335 West Prairie Shopping Center featuring for sale MM Private Select, ETL, WhistlePig Farmstock Rye Crop 2, Henry McKenna BIB, Blood Oath Pact 5 and select Weller products.  Good to see a government employee follow through on their commitment to improve the consumer experience in Idaho!  Thank you Sally Ray...

2 hours ago, mwmac said:

Just got an email notice of two events:  July 10th, Maker's Mark Private Select tasting in Coeur d'Alene at Greenbrier Inn; July 12th, 335 West Prairie Shopping Center featuring for sale MM Private Select, ETL, WhistlePig Farmstock Rye Crop 2, Henry McKenna BIB, Blood Oath Pact 5 and select Weller products.  Good to see a government employee follow through on their commitment to improve the consumer experience in Idaho!  Thank you Sally Ray...

Do they make you buy a turd bottle like the Farmswill or BO 5 to get the others?

2 hours ago, wadewood said:

Do they make you buy a turd bottle like the Farmswill or BO 5 to get the others?

No, they will be handing out wristbands and allowing attendees to select their preferred libations, (probably limited to 3 with no duplicates again).

I’ll be there 8/21-27. I’ll be on third shift though the 25th - 27th. Let me know if anyone wants to grab a drink and/or cigar the 21st - 24th.

• 2 weeks later...

Only found one place so far that has a spirits menu online. Bardenay. Nothing crazy but they do have 12 Year ECSmB listed for 6 bucks. We will see if it’s just a legacy menu item and not just the NAS version it currently is. They do have house made spirits but all clear except for a run that is a straw color. Not sure if they age at all.

Only thing in the Idaho store inventory that is catching my eye that I’ve haven’t seen where I live is CEHT Rye. Not sure I am willing to spend $70 for it though. Seems readily available.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like they have MTMK Decades on sale right now for $75. Don’t have much if any experience with WT but for nearly half of MSRP might be worth picking up if I can still find a store nearby that has. My buy a 375 of 101 after I get there for the stay to refresh my palate and see if it will be worth it. Any opinions on Decades appreciated.

23 minutes ago, marshall9779 said:

Looks like they have MTMK Decades on sale right now for $75. Don’t have much if any experience with WT but for nearly half of MSRP might be worth picking up if I can still find a store nearby that has. My buy a 375 of 101 after I get there for the stay to refresh my palate and see if it will be worth it. Any opinions on Decades appreciated.

I would buy 5+ at that price.

• I like it 2

4 hours ago, marshall9779 said:

Great price. Definitely a buy.

• I like it 3

7 hours ago, marshall9779 said:

I'd buy as many as they would sell me. 

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, marshall9779 said:

If you find it and don't buy any, please don't tell us. We might hate you forever :D

• I like it 2

• 2 weeks later...

They do have WTRB on sale for $35 for the month so if all else fails that might fly home with me for $10 cheaper than I can find locally.

• 2 weeks later...

WTRB still on the table but is now between that and a regular FRSib that I can get for $17 cheaper after a recent price hike where in my county stores.

Flying out tomorrow so again if anyone in the area wants to grab a drink and/or cigar let me know. Tomorrow evening through Saturday evening works for me. Start third shift Sunday through Tuesday and fly back out Wednesday so won’t be able to those days.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.