Maker's Mark 101 Proof - Distillery Only (sort of)

Conquistador
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, Conquistador said:

FYI. A new Maker's Mark expression will be released at the distillery, a 101 proof bottling. It will also be available at select outlets within KY. It was previously only available in duty free shops.

https://www.gobourbon.com/makers-mark-distillery-only-101-proof-release/

Sounds lovely... until you see that $50 retail price. 

I suppose in today's market (a place I visit occasionally; but do NOT live within) I guess it isn't that egregious; but, I think I may abstain and hold my water (as it were) and spend rather, upon Maker's BP instead.

The price point on this definitely doesnt work for me. I've seen MMCS 375ml bottles here for $19.99, so there's no reason to pay for the exact same whiskey but diluted. 

I'd definitely be interested if they put barrels aside for an additional few years (and maybe not rotate these barrels) to pay a little more for 101.

• I like it 1

Not that it justifies the price but on the plus side it is a liter not a 750ml

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

Not that it justifies the price but on the plus side it is a liter not a 750ml

I saw that, too.  For me, it puts it in the buy category just to try.  That said, the Makers Cask Strength is absolutely killing it for me right now at the same price (though, at 750ml), so this release fits perfectly in the “buy when I’m visiting the Distillery”...but won’t stock up.  The math is close-ish on the comparison of the two, but the Cool Factor of limited 101 has some legs.  Which means, my dumbass will finish the tour, drink mine and an already drunkass Troyce’s pours at the tasting, be dazzled by the Chihuly, and then buy 5 bottles in the gift shop...

• I like it 6

2 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

I saw that, too.  For me, it puts it in the buy category just to try.  That said, the Makers Cask Strength is absolutely killing it for me right now at the same price (though, at 750ml), so this release fits perfectly in the “buy when I’m visiting the Distillery”...but won’t stock up.  The math is close-ish on the comparison of the two, but the Cool Factor of limited 101 has some legs.  Which means, my dumbass will finish the tour, drink mine and an already drunkass Troyce’s pours at the tasting, be dazzled by the Chihuly, and then buy 5 bottles in the gift shop...

As we Seattleites know, the Chihuly gets you every time. It's like being in Willy Wonka's factory and all reason goes down the chocolate chute.

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.