Double Eagle Very Rare

PhantomLamb
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

17 hours ago, PhantomLamb said:

This just went up for a lottery pick on the PA Wine and Spirits site, MSRP of $2k.  

https://www.gobourbon.com/double-eagle-very-rare-has-landed-from-buffalo-trace/

Looks pretty cool but a tad gaudy with the packaging and way too pricy for my blood.

Not sure what the over the top packaging costs but probably not $1800 for this bottle that is (for me) about a $200 at best whiskey.

At least the advertising department improved upon their working title for this release...

"66 Times Price, Very Dubious."

• I like it 1

As I read this, I'm sipping on an other 90 proofer - AAA.  Maybe a SBS will convince me the $2,000 MSRP on the DEVR20 is worth it.

Or not.

• I like it 1

36 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

As I read this, I'm sipping on an other 90 proofer - AAA.  Maybe a SBS will convince me the $2,000 MSRP on the DEVR20 is worth it.

Or not.

All I know is, I can’t wait to hear where you park this one once you get it home, Harry!  

Behind dining room door?  Trash can?  Car trunk?  Basement?  :D

• I like it 1

11 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

All I know is, I can’t wait to hear where you park this one once you get it home, Harry!  

Behind dining room door?  Trash can?  Car trunk?  Basement?  :D

It will be wherever the spiders are so his wife won't look there so I'm guessing that particularly dark and cobweby part of the basement is the spot.

5 hours ago, flahute said:

It will be wherever the spiders are so his wife won't look there so I'm guessing that particularly dark and cobweby part of the basement is the spot.

Mrs. Harry in WashDC is NOT afraid of any spiders and knows where Harry stashes all of his stuff anyways.  He just thinks she doesn't know (heh, heh).  ?

• I like it 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2019 at 11:22 AM, DeepCover said:

I ran across one last week for $19,500. 

I passed

Didja grab up a few?

6 hours ago, jvd99 said:

I'm holding out for Triple Double Rare Very, Very, Very Rare Eagle Rare B)

Ooooooooooh!  I think I need one of these!    Where can I place my order... or at least buy my lottery ticket?

7 minutes ago, Richnimrod said:

Ooooooooooh!  I think I need one of these!    Where can I place my order... or at least buy my lottery ticket?

Uh -- I think the labels are hand-made.  Just send me your $1000 money order (NO PERSONAL CHECKS!!), and I'll send you one.  Now, was that a " Triple Double Rare Very, Very, Very Rare Eagle Rare" or was it a "Double Triple, Extra Very Bonded Rare Eagle"?  I have both, you know.:ph34r:

MODS - I AM KIDDING!!  And, this offer is for the LABEL ONLY!

• I like it 4

9 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

Didja grab up a few?

I did not, but I believe they still have it.

D1711FE1-893B-4DD9-A492-540312C2A5E4.jpeg

Curiosity has me wondering how many of these bottles will be opened...….. I don't mind paying a little more for something special, but this cant be that, "special"...….  and I know me, I would open it, and taste it, and smell it, and play with it, and snuggle it, and..... I think I just went to far...…. :huh:

• I like it 2

NO bottle of liquor is worth $2K IMHO much less almost $20K.  I know of one bottle of PVW25 that's open, sitting behind the bar at Sage in the Aria where you can add it to a $300ish Pappy flight (1/2 oz pour) for $500 and it's going to take a hell of a night at the blackjack table to even think about going down that road.  This stuff is destined for that "fate" as well.  Being the BT fan that I am, I'd LOVE to find out how it tastes but I seriously doubt I'll ever find out.

Take ER 17 and age it 3 more years.  Wow, who would have known it gets so much more expensive.

2 hours ago, LCWoody said:

Curiosity has me wondering how many of these bottles will be opened...….. I don't mind paying a little more for something special, but this cant be that, "special"...….  and I know me, I would open it, and taste it, and smell it, and play with it, and snuggle it, and..... I think I just went to far...…. :huh:

What are you talking about? Nobody opens bottles of whiskey anymore!

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, flahute said:

Oh so true.  I told my wife that I intended to open the bottle of GTS that she got me as a gift and the look on her face was priceless.

On 7/23/2019 at 2:25 PM, jvd99 said:

This is perfect:  only people with an NBA contract can afford it!

• I like it 2

21 hours ago, flahute said:

Um, how come nobody told me about this new rule.  Darn.  Left out again!!  And I just picked up my first bottle of OF Rye today.  Now I'll never know how it tastes.

AS IF!

14 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Um, how come nobody told me about this new rule.  Darn.  Left out again!!  And I just picked up my first bottle of OF Rye today.  Now I'll never know how it tastes.

AS IF!

lolololol

The OF rye is good. I promise!

On 7/23/2019 at 1:25 PM, jvd99 said:

Sounds more like a new Jefferson’s product name

• I like it 3

On 7/25/2019 at 8:39 AM, BottledInBond said:

Sounds more like a new Jefferson’s product name

Aged in a little mini barrel, tied to an eagles foot...

38 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Aged in a little mini barrel, tied to an eagles foot...

...And... Flown over the stadium where the NFL Philly team plays their games; thus: double eagle!   HA!

• I like it 2

17 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

...And... Flown over the stadium where the NFL Philly team plays their games; thus: double eagle!   HA!

And me on a long Par 5!!! ( Like, Never...  :D)

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.