Bottled in Bond wheat whiskey with 100% wheat mashbill

flahute
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Came across this today and it was a new one to me - the 100% wheat mashbill.

The BIB is from AD Laws - https://www.gobourbon.com/new-centennial-from-laws-whiskey-house-to-be-americas-first-bonded-wheat-whiskey/

I did some digging on their website and see that they have another wheat whiskey with that mashbill so it's not new. But it was new to me!

Goes to show that there's always something new to learn.

At $70 it would be a tough purchase but my curiosity is super piqued to try it nonetheless.

• I like it 1

I saw this yesterday in TX. Looks interesting, but I would have to try it first. 

• 2 weeks later...

This struck me as a little over the top ..like tasting notes for the Lifetime channel audience.  Flahute if u get to try it, maybe you can do some tasting notes for us.

The 100% Colorado-grown wheat from Colorado Malting Company comes from the unique terroir of the San Luis Valley in southern Colorado, which imparts aromas of mountain strawberries and orange marmalade that accentuate hints of alpine meadows and wildflower honey. Jasmine tea, sage and spruce tips fade into pink peppercorns, with crisp linen on the mouthfeel. The spirit finishes dry with a slight bitter, candied orange finish

• I like it 1

14 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

The 100% Colorado-grown wheat from Colorado Malting Company comes from the unique terroir of the San Luis Valley in southern Colorado, which imparts aromas of mountain strawberries and orange marmalade that accentuate hints of alpine meadows and wildflower honey. Jasmine tea, sage and spruce tips fade into pink peppercorns, with crisp linen on the mouthfeel. The spirit finishes dry with a slight bitter, candied orange finish

That reads like someones assignment from Creative Writing 101.

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.