WR Wheat Whiskey

dcbt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, Sven Heuchert said:

Looking forward to it. I simply love Wheaters.

Note: 'Wheaters' as the term is commonly used here refers to those Bourbons that use wheat rather than rye as the "flavor grain".    Examples would be the Weller Brands, Maker's Mark, etc.

I think the whiskey to which the article refers is a Straight Wheat Whiskey (minimum 51% wheat in it's mashbill).    There aren't too many Straight Wheat Whiskeys made in the US.   The biggest seller is Bernheim Original Kentucky Straight Wheat Whiskey from Heaven Hill.

• I like it 1

53 minutes ago, Richnimrod said:

Note: 'Wheaters' as the term is commonly used here refers to those Bourbons that use wheat rather than rye as the "flavor grain".    Examples would be the Weller Brands, Maker's Mark, etc.

I think the whiskey to which the article refers is a Straight Wheat Whiskey (minimum 51% wheat in it's mashbill).    There aren't too many Straight Wheat Whiskeys made in the US.   The biggest seller is Bernheim Original Kentucky Straight Wheat Whiskey from Heaven Hill.

Thanks for putting this straight! You never stop learning. 

• I like it 1

On 7/24/2019 at 10:47 PM, Richnimrod said:

Bought a bottle of Bernheim Wheat Whiskey, because I was curious. Thanks! Good stuff. 

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, Sven Heuchert said:

Bought a bottle of Bernheim Wheat Whiskey, because I was curious. Thanks! Good stuff. 

It's well-made whiskey; but, for my taste buddies, just a bit too narrow, and a bit sweet.   I can pour it neat and enjoy it quite well when I'm in a particular mood, and do so; but, it's an infrequent occurrence.    Hope you enjoy it!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.