Regans "The Bourbon Companion" Found... want it?

Dave_in_Canada
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Last fall i was chatting with someone on this board about locating this book for them, I can't remember who it was?! If it was YOU, then I have a brand new copy... please remind me.

If anyone else is interested in the book please send me a PM. I can get it to you for around $15-$20 depending on postage.

• 4 weeks later...

Hmmmm..... I think I'll bump this post to see if it was missed.

I have this book. In general, I have a lot of bar books and this one is pretty good.

I am surprised that some folks on this forum don't seem to like the Regans. I often wondered... Is it because they speak with an accent or because they like S****h? I hope it's neither! On second thought, it could be the ratings that they assign to whiskies, in their book(s), may not be what some drinkers expect or agree with. Who know?!? lol.gif

I have and like this book, too, and generally think the Regans provide a good starting point with their ratings. I think some may not like the fact they aren't 'exclusive' to bourbon with their liquor writings and, as a result, are sometimes prone to the type errors that not being immersed in bourbon history, lore, marketing and production prompts. But, then, who is, besides our own Chuck Cowdery or Mike Veach?

I'll defend the Regans. They're friends of mine. And only Gary has the funny accent. Mardee is one of us.

I stand corrected on the accents... I just assumed Gary's wife was a part of his background. The way he speaks, I knew he wasn't, originally, from Kentucky! lol.giflol.giflol.gif

I think Mardee is from New York. At least I'm pretty sure that's where she and Gary met. Gary's background is as a bartender and bar manager in New York City.

• 2 weeks later...

Heya,

I think I may have been who you were talking to about the Reagan's book, as I do not have it yet.

I will most assuredly shoot you an PM in the coming days regarding.

Thanx

TomC

OK Tom, it's yours. Comin' soon to a post-box near you! A good addition to any bourbon library.

toast.gif

Dave

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.