Toledo Trip

PhantomLamb
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Will be in Toledo OH tomorrow til Sunday night.  Can anyone recommend any good LS in the area?

Appreciate it!

I have been to Joseph's Beverage Center and Glass City Beverage.  Both were pretty good, but I am new to the bourbon/liquor scene.

I honestly can't find any of the hard to find stuff in Toledo. 

Ohio is a control state so selection is not great.

Forget about bourbon and go to a Mud Hens game.

• I like it 3

3 hours ago, flahute said:

^^^THIS^^^ is a great idea!    That stadium is rad; the entire fan experience beats the hell out of most major league parks.   

...The quality of play ain't bad either.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Richnimrod said:

^^^THIS^^^ is a great idea!    That stadium is rad; the entire fan experience beats the hell out of most major league parks.   

...The quality of play ain't bad either.

Definitely a great idea!  Ticket prices aren't bad either!

Regarding liquor...  I found this site about 2 weeks ago.  I don't know if it is referred to here on SB or not, but you can search the inventory of this distributor in all stores across Ohio.  Don't know how accurate the inventory is, but it has been correct on the few occasions that I have checked:

OHLQ Products/Locations

2 hours ago, macdad said:

Definitely a great idea!  Ticket prices aren't bad either!

Regarding liquor...  I found this site about 2 weeks ago.  I don't know if it is referred to here on SB or not, but you can search the inventory of this distributor in all stores across Ohio.  Don't know how accurate the inventory is, but it has been correct on the few occasions that I have checked:

OHLQ Products/Locations

It is VERY accurate!    Ohio continues to evolve and change in many positive ways.

8 hours ago, flahute said:

Yeah, I'll be in town for this, sounds good.

19 hours ago, flahute said:

Wonder if they retired this guys number

See the source image

31 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

Wonder if they retired this guys number

See the source image

They clearly should have if not.

• I like it 1

So far picked up Ancient Ancient Age 10 Star and Kentucky Tavern.  Hopefully can make a Mud Hens game.

48 minutes ago, PhantomLamb said:

So far picked up Ancient Ancient Age 10 Star and Kentucky Tavern.  Hopefully can make a Mud Hens game.

Do it!

On 8/1/2019 at 8:36 AM, geclbxf said:

It is VERY accurate!    Ohio continues to evolve and change in many positive ways.

My daughter has been to 5 stores in Columbus area today that all show they have OWA in stock as of 11am this morning and they all say they are out of it. Either it's not accurate or there are some dishonest stores.

7 hours ago, Clueby said:

My daughter has been to 5 stores in Columbus area today that all show they have OWA in stock as of 11am this morning and they all say they are out of it. Either it's not accurate or there are some dishonest stores.

It's only accurate till the store opens that morning.   OWA flies off the shelves in Ohio (pre-price change) - and it should be accurate if you show up at 9am.

23 minutes ago, geclbxf said:

It's only accurate till the store opens that morning.   OWA flies off the shelves in Ohio (pre-price change) - and it should be accurate if you show up at 9am.

Same stores showed it in stock yesterday as well and they said they hadn't had any in weeks. It also said it was updated last night at 2am and then updated again at 11am this morning.  Looks like they've also taken price to $39.99. It was $29.99 at Christmas.

I have a friend who lives in Toledo and comes down to Indy once a week.  I notice that besides the stores above the other liquor stores in the area are Kroger and Rite Aid.  I do see OE BS 117 listed at a few stores.  Anyone in the area seen this in stores?  Feel free to PM.

13 hours ago, Clueby said:

Same stores showed it in stock yesterday as well and they said they hadn't had any in weeks. It also said it was updated last night at 2am and then updated again at 11am this morning.  Looks like they've also taken price to $39.99. It was $29.99 at Christmas.

Not to beat a dead horse...and also derail this thread...but the same multiple stores that were out on Sunday still show inventory as of 6am Monday morning.  Doubt they got a Sunday evening delivery.

2 hours ago, Clueby said:

Not to beat a dead horse...and also derail this thread...but the same multiple stores that were out on Sunday still show inventory as of 6am Monday morning.  Doubt they got a Sunday evening delivery.

Could be that those stores are holding bottles back for their higher volume regular customers.  Inventory reduction from the site may be centrally controlled and only reduced when there is an actual sale, and inventory automatically/electronically reduced at that point.  

7 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Could be that those stores are holding bottles back for their higher volume regular customers.  Inventory reduction from the site may be centrally controlled and only reduced when there is an actual sale, and inventory automatically/electronically reduced at that point.  

Possibly. Three of them were Kroger grocery stores. Not sure how they run their liquor department.

5 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Possibly. Three of them were Kroger grocery stores. Not sure how they run their liquor department.

Me neither.  I would suppose that they may be OCLQ operated within the Kroger.  

I saw they had OWA for $40 at an independent LS as well.  I was ticked, figured I wouldn't stop in Cleveland along the way, I figured it was an unnecessary side trip.  But I forget to look closely, a local LS had OF 13yr. BiB for MSRP.  I could kick myself....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.