Little Book Chapter 3 - a KSBW

Jazz June
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

8 hours ago, RWBadley said:

So how was your impression of the LB3? 

I keep coming back to it as one of my favorites. Something about it just hits all the right notes for me. There are several other Bourbon that have done this. Some of the old Pappy 15,  2013 Birthday Bourbon,  Some of the ECBP and GTS vintages....

Cheers,

RW

Not EarthQuake, but have this in the glass now and can say it’s the best Beam Product I’ve tasted except maybe Booker’s Rye. But it’s close. Absolutely love it. Mouthwatering nose. Creamy palate. Dark macerated fruit compote and creme brûlée. The Beam peanut is almost undetectable, the proof and viscosity are on point. Tasty pour. 

edit: forgot to mention the peppery rye finish with an oaky sendoff. Nice. 

Edited by Old Dusty

9 hours ago, RWBadley said:

So how was your impression of the LB3? 

I keep coming back to it as one of my favorites. Something about it just hits all the right notes for me. There are several other Bourbon that have done this. Some of the old Pappy 15,  2013 Birthday Bourbon,  Some of the ECBP and GTS vintages....

When tasting, for me it has Never been a  ' This would be perfect if only...' it's more  just a 'wowza I can't think of anything I could do to improve it and boy is it good' sorta thing. Having said that I've always approached it in a state of readiness, and not at a time when I knew I couldn't appreciate it fully due to time or other constraints.

I also just picked up another bottle for 99$ which in today's market doesn't seem so out of line. Tho it's still  on the high side the value is there in quality IMHO

Your thoughts?

Cheers,

RW

It's rather good, easily among the best Beam I've had. I'm certainly not disappointed... But I've got KC 14-15 year old store picks that I've spent $35-45 on that I like better. It's sort of hard to say if LB3 is overpriced, or if these KC picks are just stupid underpriced. Probably the latter. To be fair I've only had a couple pours so far - I should dig into it a bit more.

• 2 months later...

I picked up a bottle this week. I went into a store that I don’t frequent because they gouge their customers on some items.  Next to the Lot B for $799 was Chapter 3 for $129. I figured I should put some money into the economy. Even for these guys. And, best part, no buyers remorse.

1E98D9C7-025B-469A-815C-7575EB76CECE.jpeg

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.