Wild Turkey Master's Keep Cornerstone Rye

JoeTerp
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'm interested in this one but heard that it's going to be lottery in VA (which means that my odds of getting one go from very likely to extremely unlikely).  Was curious if anyone has had it yet and what their thoughts were.  Also curious as to what areas have seen it start to release.  I feel like I saw some already come out of Florida and NC.

8 hours ago, JoeTerp said:

I'm interested in this one but heard that it's going to be lottery in VA (which means that my odds of getting one go from very likely to extremely unlikely).  Was curious if anyone has had it yet and what their thoughts were.  Also curious as to what areas have seen it start to release.  I feel like I saw some already come out of Florida and NC.

Massachusetts got it as well https://www.gordonswine.com/wild-turkey-masters-keep-rye-cornerstone-750-ml-133931

• I like it 1

It's been out in FL for about a month. I love it and wish I'd have bought a spare before word got out that it was released.

I haven't had a lot of Rye, but this is the best I've had. Not really fair to compare it to WT101 Rye as it is a lot more complex. I don't have a solid comparison for it. Pretty much everyone on the local Facebook group feels it is better than Michter's M10 2018 & 2019. I haven't had either so I can't compare.IMG_20190803_111459853.jpg

• I like it 2

Just hit Atlanta this week, and I was able to get a bottle, but I haven’t opened it yet

• I like it 1

I got a bottle on Thursday and like it a lot too - as did a buddy whom is not much into rye. So check off South Carolina. As far as I remember Florida, NC, New York, Mass, Cal, SC, Arizona all have had it released. 

• I like it 1

Add Illinois as of a week or so ago

Not seen yet here in the central part but I’ll start looking harder.

1 hour ago, BMartin42 said:

Not seen yet here in the central part but I’ll start looking harder.

Ditto. From what I heard recently, regardless of our proximity to Chicago, Rockford is considered a central Illinois area when it comes to at least one well known liquor distributor. <_<

Biba! Joe

Only a few bottles to hit mn so far.  Total Wine is the only place with stock but they pulled from their website.  I believe the price is going up on them (from 139.99 to 169.99) , then they’ll start to put them back on the shelf.

I got all my bottles from FL and GA.  Cracked it last night and like it a lot.  I need some more time, but comparing to RRRSiB was not fair.  The cornerstone was much spicier and full flavored.

So people are counting down and checking off the states where this has been released, like BTAC or something?  Wow, the Master's Keep series has finally hit the big time.

• I like it 2

27 minutes ago, Kepler said:

So people are counting down and checking off the states where this has been released, like BTAC or something?  Wow, the Master's Keep series has finally hit the big time.

I was interested because I heard a rumor that this is going to be lottery in VA this year. In years past these would sit on the shelves and be available for a few months (but eventually sell). I’m not sure if it’s lottery because the allocation was smaller or just a tactic to try to increase sales. 

On 8/9/2019 at 12:35 AM, Kepler said:

I think more hype due to it being a rye and rye is pretty hot right now.

7 hours ago, AndyD said:

I think more hype due to it being a rye and rye is pretty hot right now.

That's  a great point.

Well my interest was more due to Virginia's chosen release method.  Since the rumor is that it will be lottery and my lottery "batting average" isn't good I was trying to figure out a way to secure a bottle.  I think this release is a little more limited than past Master's Keep releases too.

7 minutes ago, JoeTerp said:

Well my interest was more due to Virginia's chosen release method.  Since the rumor is that it will be lottery and my lottery "batting average" isn't good I was trying to figure out a way to secure a bottle.  I think this release is a little more limited than past Master's Keep releases too.

One thing to keep in mind is that they did more than one batch on some of the others (Decades for certain) so there's always a chance there are more bottles than just the initial release if it is well received. 

I revisited this last weekend with a friend.  Very thick and viscous  on the palate and super spicy on the back end.   I'm a fan.  Wish it was more in the $125 range and I would be in the market for another.  

56 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

I revisited this last weekend with a friend.  Very thick and viscous  on the palate and super spicy on the back end.   I'm a fan.  Wish it was more in the $125 range and I would be in the market for another.  

I agree with all of that.  Had it side by side with the rrr SiB and it was no contest.  cs packed way more flavor.

cornerstone might just be the best rye I’ve had.  

On 8/10/2019 at 11:07 AM, Bours said:

Should have hit CA

Hit Total Wine in CA last week.

Slowly hitting other places now.

Fun fact.  I have a few bottles in the 28,000 range (if , in fact they mean bottle by batch#).  So either they are not sequential , or they were not forthright in their release numbers.

17 minutes ago, AndyD said:

Fun fact.  I have a few bottles in the 28,000 range (if , in fact they mean bottle by batch#).  So either they are not sequential , or they were not forthright in their release numbers.

Not sure what they’d stand to gain by fabricating the number of bottles released.

8 hours ago, BusterChestnut said:

Not sure what they’d stand to gain by fabricating the number of bottles released.

Ask the head of Diageo's Orphan Barrel program...

• I like it 3

43 minutes ago, The Black Tot said:

Ask the head of Diageo's Orphan Barrel program...

You have his email?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.