2019 Weller C.Y.P.B Release?

Bob_Loblaw
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

So I thought BT said CYPB was going to be an annual summer release, but I have heard nothing about a 2019 shipment. Is this just gonna appear when Full Proof hits? Did they change it to a one time only release? 

Weller CYPB and Full Proof are scheduled to be yearly releases. Last years release of CYPB was in the summer, and it appears this years is too. The Full Proof is also scheduled for release this summer. 

The above information is from BT’s website. As is the case in many instances, the unknown factor here is what distributors and liquor stores do with these when and if they get any. Case in point, when ET BIB was first released, only one semi-local store got any. They received only one bottle to be exact. I was informed of this by the liquor store manager, and he told me he was going to save it for their fall Pappy/BTAC/LE whiskey extravaganza raffle. When I questioned this, he told me it was a limited edition bottling. I informed him that it wasn’t an LE, and should sell in the mid to upper $20.00 range for a liter bottle. He didn’t listen to me. It ended up in their fall fiasco priced at over $40.00. Also, concerning the CYPB last year, I heard that our area got three bottles, and another nearby are also got three. It is my understanding that not one saw the light of day. <_<  It’s kinda sad, but us real bourbon lovers/geeks all too often seem to be at the mercy of behind the scene things which we have no control over. Well, at least here in the land of taxes and crooked politicians. :huh:

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

The new fermenters are either installed or being installed as we type.

Gigantor-sized Weller distillations, here we come...

4 hours ago, The Black Tot said:

The new fermenters are either installed or being installed as we type.

Gigantor-sized Weller distillations, here we come...

...But with the new and improved (and waaaaay more productive) equipment... will we still experience the same profiles we've come to know and even love (in some cases) in our Weller Brands???  ?

Inquiring minds are desperate to be reassured... and fishnbowljoe leads the charge, I assume!  ?

3 minutes ago, Richnimrod said:

...But with the new and improved (and waaaaay more productive) equipment... will we still experience the same profiles we've come to know and even love (in some cases) in our Weller Brands???  ?

Inquiring minds are desperate to be reassured... and fishnbowljoe leads the charge, I assume!  ?

I too wish to be reassured of this.

The wheated recipe has always been something of a moving target at BT.

My fingers are crossed that they'll get it worked out, and we'll be stumbling over OWA at decent pricing again in 6yrs or so. Not so long in the grand scheme of things.

• I like it 1

I hate to say it but I’m not even thinking about Full Proof or CYPB, personally. If someone offers me one at or very close to MSRP I’ll take one, but I’m not going to hunt for either or worry about them. CYPB was one of the most overhyped releases of the last few years. The prices people were paying for it were simply stupid. It tasted fine but not any better than plenty of Weller barrel picks from not that long ago. Full Proof is probably more interesting but with stupid gouging prices to be fully expected, I’m out. Bourbon Zen. 

• I like it 5

3 hours ago, BottledInBond said:

I hate to say it but I’m not even thinking about Full Proof or CYPB, personally. If someone offers me one at or very close to MSRP I’ll take one, but I’m not going to hunt for either or worry about them.

That pretty much sums up how I feel about any LE (or even just allocated bottles too!) these days.  It's just not enjoyable anymore.

Edited by dcbt
  • I like it 2

On 8/11/2019 at 9:42 AM, fishnbowljoe said:

Weller CYPB and Full Proof are scheduled to be yearly releases. Last years release of CYPB was in the summer, and it appears this years is too. The Full Proof is also scheduled for release this summer. 

Biba! Joe

Thanks Joe!  I was under the same impression, but just have not heard anything about CYPB this year.  Nothing listed on breaking bourbon release calendar either.  My guess is that it shows up with Full Proof at the same time, but who knows? 

As for the hunt, I think we are on the cusp of seeing a lot of "Super Premium"  age stated limited releases at higher and higher prices.  Not looking forward to it and will start having to be much more selective in what I buy.  

I’ll def pick up a couple of Full Proof found near MSRP.  I have no desire to pay rape prices for a Weller 107 + 7 more proof points. 

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't heard anything about CYPB, but a store near me said they're getting a single barrel pick of the Weller full proof "sometime before the end of the year." Had no more information than that. I think that the distilleries work at their own idiosyncratic pace, kind of like a barrel aging slowly in a rickhouse lol. I am looking forward to getting my hands on 1 or 2 bottles of that single barrel, though, whenever it arrives. 
Also, is it just me, or is it kind of gross that BT got all these people to give them information about what they'd want to drink, and then released it in such small quantities that almost no one could have any? You might be able to help "Craft Your Perfect Bourbon," but you can't drink any!  

Edited by arifried44
  • I like it 3

• 2 months later...

Just giving this post a bump.

I recently was able to pick up both a full proof & a CYPB.  I also got a CYPB last year. I'm just curious, did they release a new one this year -or is this the exact same as last year?  The bottle/labels seem identical. Anyway to tell them apart?

New batch release.  Laser code should start with 19 for this year and 18 for last.  However I would expect the juice to be pretty much the same across both years.  Kind of like W107 or W12.  May be slight variations in batches, but BT is likely striving for consistency.  

To answer my own previous question it seems like CYPB will continue to be an annual release (as advertised) and will just appear once per year without any fanfare or press release just like the rest of the allocated bottles from BT

On 11/13/2019 at 6:12 PM, tanstaafl2 said:

Based on my bottle from 2018 this is serious tater bait.

Not just "like". LOL!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.