Heaven Hill Acquires Black Velvet

PhantomLamb
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Thanx for posting this PH!   

Interesting that HH is getting into international brands, eh?   

I suppose the 1/4-billion or more was just lying about and someone said; "Hey!  Let's buy a Canadian distillery with this pile of money; and a few brands associated with it!"   When nobody said no, the deal went forward, I guess.......

• I like it 1

Maybe HH wants to do their own version of WhistlePig, and said to hell with it, lets buy a Canadian distillery... :rolleyes:

Heaven Hill seems to be on top of the bourbon explosion.  It only makes sense they expand their presence across spirits universe.  At least, they didn't buy Aqua Velvet.  That would be outside their core expertise.

HH is a great distillery, Im sure this is a good move financially. I remember way back in the early '90s after the bars emptied a CR bottle they filled it with BV and no one knew the difference.  

7 hours ago, LCWoody said:

I remember way back in the early '90s after the bars emptied a CR bottle they filled it with BV and no one knew the difference.  

Hmmmm, a pretty good reason to resist that temptation to drop a hundred bux on that bargain pour of Pappy-23 at the never-before-visited tavern on vacay?  :o

• I like it 4

Simple diversification for a global player.  They already have reach into several different spirits, so looking to expand into others is not new and may provide them some safety when the bourbon boom plateaus and potentially retreats.  Without any idea if the purchase price was right, or if this specific Canadian purchase can deliver long term, the strategy is sound, IMO.  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.