Boone County Sm Batch

FasterHorses
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Starting to see this around. Assume its their own  distillate. $42 but if its a stinker like Old Scout 107 I didnt want to gamble. Anyone sampled?

5 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

Starting to see this around. Assume its their own  distillate. $42 but if its a stinker like Old Scout 107 I didnt want to gamble. Anyone sampled?

It's not their own distillate, it's still sourced just younger.

3 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

They were certainly trying to make that hard to find weren’t they!

I actually told my wife i was going to buy some readers this morning..lol.. missed the most important part of the label.

• I like it 2

Any idea how old this is? I would probably go for 6 year old MGP rather than 10 year old Dickel, that's for sure.

I managed to get a couple bottles of the 12 year, which is pretty good.

14 hours ago, EarthQuake said:

Any idea how old this is? I would probably go for 6 year old MGP rather than 10 year old Dickel, that's for sure.

I managed to get a couple bottles of the 12 year, which is pretty good.

EarthQuake,

It is a blend of 5 and 14 year old barrels. My guess is they had some 14 year old barrels that were overoaked and couldn't be bottled with the previous 14 year single barrels they did. You can def pickup on the oak notes and otherwise it tastes very similar to the 12 year SmB, perhaps just a little younger tasting. It is without a doubt traditional MGP flavors; was hoping the price was a little lower, but overall a pretty solid bottle. 

4 hours ago, kawboyz11 said:

EarthQuake,

It is a blend of 5 and 14 year old barrels. My guess is they had some 14 year old barrels that were overoaked and couldn't be bottled with the previous 14 year single barrels they did. You can def pickup on the oak notes and otherwise it tastes very similar to the 12 year SmB, perhaps just a little younger tasting. It is without a doubt traditional MGP flavors; was hoping the price was a little lower, but overall a pretty solid bottle. 

Haven't seen these yet, what is the price on it? 

2 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

Haven't seen these yet, what is the price on it? 

Around 48 bucks in my area (central KY). Not a terrible price, but when I heard about this I was hoping it would be in the sub $40 range. 

• I like it 1

7 hours ago, kawboyz11 said:

EarthQuake,

Thanks, I'm a big fan of the 12 so I'll pick up one of these if I see it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.