Tom Bulleit no longer representing the brand.

flahute
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Poor, poor Hollis.....

I sincerely hope she gets the help she demonstrably needs.

As to whether or not I may believe any of her escalating claims, I would direct anybody to follow the money, and her frustrations with not being lavished with ever more of that money, as well as the acclaim she seems to require for her emotional needs and her cause(s).   

Obviously, the situation is unfortunate in the extreme; for Hollis (whether or not she has manipulated social media and her own notoriety to further her own agenda), for Tom, and for the Bulleit brands.   The brands seem to be doing very well; but, who can say what the future will hold as the public takes sides (if they indeed do so) in this now very public family/corporate squabble. 

Too bad for any fans of the two family members for certain.  Such a shame it's come to this.   ...And, it may yet still escalate.   Claims like those now being made by Hollis are pretty much impossible to substantiate, or to disprove; but, the damage will be easy to determine; in emotional wreckage, as well as $$, as we watch this slow-motion train wreck continue.

• I like it 2

As a father of daughters, this breaks my heart.  I don't know enough to judge either party. 

Blood is thicker than water, but apparently not thicker than cheddar. 

A love of money is the root of all evil...

On 8/17/2019 at 11:28 AM, Guss West said:

As a father of daughters, this breaks my heart.  I don't know enough to judge either party. 

Blood is thicker than water, but apparently not thicker than cheddar. 

A love of money is the root of all evil...

Actually.... the lack of money is the root of all evil, to more of an extent, IMO.

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, ebo said:

Actually.... the lack of money is the root of all evil, to more of an extent, IMO.

...And, the single-minded pursuit of ever more of it to remedy the perceived lack, I guess.

• I like it 1

The "follow the money" dog whistling lacks subtly. Given how common sexual abuse / sexual assault is, much of which goes unreported, I wouldn't be so quick to judge. I mean yeah, maybe she's just after money, or maybe you're a making fun of a rape / incest victim. Perhaps that's a game of chance better not played?

Historically speaking, and well, very recently as well, there is no shortage of men in powerful positions that have done unspeakable things.

• I like it 1

I don't think I heard anybody say Hollis wasn't a victim.

All that I've read here suggests we might not want to condemn Tom without further information.   

I have no doubt that a great many men have taken advantage of women (and, yes: girls) for their own gratification.   

That doesn't mean that it has happened in the case of every man that has been accused. 

When a great deal of money is at stake, an incentive toward personal enrichment exists.   That was my point.

It is a bit sad that the idea of "innocent until proven guilty", a tenet of our legal structure since the beginning of this country has become something socially unacceptable in the case of women or girls accusing men, especially powerful/rich ones.

Personally, I shall remain skeptical of any/all such claims until such time as a court of law convicts.   ...Rather than serving as an unappointed judge-in-advance-of-a-trial.

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

I don't think I heard anybody say Hollis wasn't a victim.

All that I've read here suggests we might not want to condemn Tom without further information.   

I have no doubt that a great many men have taken advantage of women (and, yes: girls) for their own gratification.   

That doesn't mean that it has happened in the case of every man that has been accused. 

When a great deal of money is at stake, an incentive toward personal enrichment exists.   That was my point.

It is a bit sad that the idea of "innocent until proven guilty", a tenet of our legal structure since the beginning of this country has become something socially unacceptable in the case of women or girls accusing men, especially powerful/rich ones.

Personally, I shall remain skeptical of any/all such claims until such time as a court of law convicts.   ...Rather than serving as an unappointed judge-in-advance-of-a-trial.

I don't have enough information to cast guilt one way or the other, but I am not the sort of person to tell women who claim to be victims of sexual abuse that they were not abused. I'm not sure if you're aware of the difficulties women go through when confronting accusers, but this is not an easy or fun process or something that people tend to do on a whim. If Tom deserves the benefit of the doubt (he absolutely does), so does Hollis.

Certainly, if Hollis is making this up for the sake of money, that would be a terrible, unforgivable thing to do. But we should keep in mind that cases where abuse has occurred far outnumber those where false claims have been made. It's very likely that you have women in your life that have been victims of sexual abuse / assault in some form, even if then have not shared this information with you or reported it in an official capacity. It may be helpful to have some perspective: If someone in your life were to come to you and tell you that they had been raped, would you say to them "Ok hold on, are you doing this for money? Are you sure it really happened?". Before getting upset by that question - take a second to reflect on how common this sort of reaction is when abuse victims share their stories.

Lastly, there is no court here, and if there was, Tom certainly has the means to defend himself.

Edited by EarthQuake
  • I like it 1

26 minutes ago, EarthQuake said:

By stating that Tom is innocent, and that Hollis is (or may) be doing this for the money, you are necessarily suggesting that she is not a victim and is a liar.

Lastly, there is no court here, and if there was, Tom certainly has the means to defend himself.

OK.   Excuse me.   Please quote the place herein where I state that, "Tom is innocent".... It's OK, I'll wait.     

That's long enough.   I didn't think so.   You may want to read more carefully, before judging the thoughts or intentions of others... or not; your call.

I don't think anyone posting supposes that there is a 'court here', or that anything we say (type, I guess is better) will matter one iota to either Tom or Hollis, or to the Corporation.   These posts are just our individual thoughts  about the subject.   And, I certainly imagine that Tom does indeed have plenty of what it would, and possibly may yet be required, to defend himself in an actual court of law.

If Tom has done any of what Hollis has said and/or implied, they are indeed despicable actions and should be punished to the fullest.   But, my point is that to pillory him on her words alone is not the right thing to do.   If these accusations do eventually become legal charges, I'll be interested to follow the court proceedings.   In the meantime I shall continue to withhold judgement about either Tom or Hollis.    Furthermore, I stand by my wish that Hollis gets the help I think she needs, as anyone who has been sexually abused, or anyone making a false claim of such, likely does need.

6 minutes ago, Richnimrod said:

OK.   Excuse me.   Please quote the place herein where I state that, "Tom is innocent".... It's OK, I'll wait.     

That's long enough.   I didn't think so.   You may want to read more carefully, before judging the thoughts or intentions of others... or not; your call.

I don't think anyone posting supposes that there is a 'court here', or that anything we say (type, I guess is better) will matter one iota to either Tom or Hollis, or to the Corporation.   These posts are just our individual thoughts  about the subject.   And, I certainly imagine that Tom does indeed have plenty of what it would, and possibly may yet be required, to defend himself in an actual court of law.

If Tom has done any of what Hollis has said and/or implied, they are indeed despicable actions and should be punished to the fullest.   But, my point is that to pillory him on her words alone is not the right thing to do.   If these accusations do eventually become legal charges, I'll be interested to follow the court proceedings.   In the meantime I shall continue to withhold judgement about either Tom or Hollis.    Furthermore, I stand by my wish that Hollis gets the help I think she needs, as anyone who has been sexually abused, or anyone making a false claim of such, likely does need.

Sorry, I was a bit hasty in posting. I re-read my comment and edited it to remove the first sentence as it was not fair nor accurate.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.