Jack Daniel’s Distillary Tour- White Rabbit Saloon

hollywood
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

My girl and I did the Jack Tour this Saturday. I hadn’t been in 15+ years. We did the “Angel’s Share” Tour.. This came with a SBS flight of #27 Gold, Sinatra Select, JDSBS, JDBP, and the JD Rye.. The BP is spectacular IMO.. She’s not a brown liquor fan, but seemed to enjoy the #27 which is very light to me at 80pr.. sweet being finished in maple barrels. I bought a bottle of the special edition of White Rabbit Saloon, which isn’t anything “special” really. From my understanding it’s just a throw back to when the Old #7 was offered at 86pr. Supposedly it can only be purchased in the state of TN. I’ve included a few pictures. Heat index was 100ish out, but the cave where they draw their water from was a pleasant 56 degrees. Nice!

050777F0-590A-4525-BCF8-1A6243C866F7.jpeg

D615B090-F754-46C7-8944-C345631A4C70.jpeg

• I like it 1

Thanks for sharing Hollywood.

My wife has suggested a vacation visit to TN.

Of course that means drive through KY down and back. ??

My girl and I did the Jack Tour this Saturday. I hadn’t been in 15+ years. We did the “Angel’s Share” Tour.. This came with a SBS flight of #27 Gold, Sinatra Select, JDSBS, JDBP, and the JD Rye.. The BP is spectacular IMO.. She’s not a brown liquor fan, but seemed to enjoy the #27 which is very light to me at 80pr.. sweet being finished in maple barrels. I bought a bottle of the special edition of White Rabbit Saloon, which isn’t anything “special” really. From my understanding it’s just a throw back to when the Old #7 was offered at 86pr. Supposedly it can only be purchased in the state of TN. I’ve included a few pictures. Heat index was 100ish out, but the cave where they draw their water from was a pleasant 56 degrees. Nice!
050777F0-590A-4525-BCF8-1A6243C866F7.thumb.jpeg.a484ce3d53fde7e624dca32ec1a631c1.jpeg
D615B090-F754-46C7-8944-C345631A4C70.thumb.jpeg.6d1e37e1ab12047640cd6f80f80a0297.jpeg

The last time I was there, they were still serving lemonade after the tours because the local law wouldn’t allow tasting samples for the general public. I need to plan a visit there again soon.

13 hours ago, PaulO said:

Thanks for sharing Hollywood.

My wife has suggested a vacation visit to TN.

Of course that means drive through KY down and back. ??

Lol, not quite kicking and screaming to drag her there, but my gal wasn’t the most responsive about going.. she self admitted that it was very interesting and enjoyed our visit/tour! Enjoy, safe travels! :) 

13 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

The last time I was there, they were still serving lemonade after the tours because the local law wouldn’t allow tasting samples for the general public. I need to plan a visit there again soon.

Yeah, still serving that in the visitor’s center.. Don’t quote me, but our guide (Leslie, she did a nice job) said that the tastings became available in ‘12?

• I like it 1

• 1 month later...

We did a tour years ago and were able to buy two bottles of “Bicentennial “. We opened one bottle up at my fathers memorial lunch. My brothers and I never had a chance to share a toast with our father as he went sober in 1973. Jack was his favorite so it seemed fitting to open up my most valuable bottle to toast this great man. It was the best bottle of Jack I’ve ever had! Part of it may have been the situation, but everyone liked it. My wife who can’t stand whiskey, said that one was almost ok. The other bottle is still unopened and worth quite a bit more than when I bought it.

• I like it 3

8 hours ago, MrPatrick said:

We did a tour years ago and were able to buy two bottles of “Bicentennial “. We opened one bottle up at my fathers memorial lunch. My brothers and I never had a chance to share a toast with our father as he went sober in 1973. Jack was his favorite so it seemed fitting to open up my most valuable bottle to toast this great man. It was the best bottle of Jack I’ve ever had! Part of it may have been the situation, but everyone liked it. My wife who can’t stand whiskey, said that one was almost ok. The other bottle is still unopened and worth quite a bit more than when I bought it.

Glad things have changed.  When I toured JD, the county was still dry, and we couldn't taste anything.  FWIW, I became a Tennessee Squire the year your Dad gave it up.  Rest easy - I sure appreciated HIS share so it did NOT go to waste.B)  Great memories from back then.

On 10/14/2019 at 11:48 PM, Harry in WashDC said:

Glad things have changed.  When I toured JD, the county was still dry, and we couldn't taste anything.  FWIW, I became a Tennessee Squire the year your Dad gave it up.  Rest easy - I sure appreciated HIS share so it did NOT go to waste.B)  Great memories from back then.

Moore County is still dry. But with JD now being the 500 lb gorilla in the county and driving the local economy it has had an "exemption" passed (because politicians are pretty much the same at every level and money talks!). That exemption allows it to offer tastings and sell bottles in the distillery since about 2012.

Which was only just a few years ago... ? 

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, tanstaafl2 said:

Moore County is still dry. But with JD now being the 500 lb gorilla in the county and driving the local economy it has had an "exemption" passed (because politicians are pretty much the same at every level and money talks!). That exemption allows it to offer tastings and sell bottles in the distillery since about 2012.

Which was only just a few years ago... ? 

LOL!!!  Ya see that, Paul?          (nice job Bruce!)

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.