OF 1910 Returning

arifried44
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I’ve only been doing this bourbon thing seriously for about 5-6 years.  If there’s something out there with a better “nose” than 1910, please, someone let me know, because I haven’t found it. 

I wish they’d release a 100+ proof version of this stuff.  It would be perfect. 

Huh, I bought a few bottles of this when it was released and very much enjoyed it.  Was not even aware it had gone away!  

Agree with Obeezy, 100pf would be awesome.  But I think most of the OF stuff I want to be higher proof.

• I like it 1

Unfortunately for me, this one didn’t work well.  I got an artificial sweetener/saccharine-like taste over my palate that I did not enjoy and still cannot get past.  I still have 1/2 the bottle left, and I get the same notes whenever I re-try it.  I wouldn’t mind a go at a new batch, but will try before I think to buy.

• I like it 1

Unfortunately, the 1910 hasn't worked for me either and I don't think the proof had anything to do with it. Like smokinjoe, I have at least 1/2 of my bottle left and to finish it I'll need to try some vatting, and that's a low priority on my list of things to do.

32 minutes ago, Obeezy1Kaneezy said:

More for us :lol:

You're welcome!

• I like it 1

I’m a huge fan of the 1910, and decided to have a pour as I’m writing this...yep, still a huge fan! I do need to try the 1915 blend, so maybe I’ll do that after I have a few more sips of the 1910. I don’t know what’s wrong with Joe and Gary’s palate...to use Rich’s saying, maybe all those cigars have messed up their taste buddies! [emoji3]

• I like it 1

21 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

I don’t know what’s wrong with Joe and Gary’s palate...to use Rich’s saying, maybe all those cigars have messed up their taste buddies! emoji3.png

:D:D:D

That snide remark is gonna cost you your Caol Ila Unpeated bottle, buddy :P

• I like it 2

[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

That snide remark is gonna cost you your Caol Ila Unpeated bottle, buddy [emoji14]

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I am trying the 1915 blend as I write, and it’s just OK. I think I still like the 1910 and 1920 better separately, and still prefer the 1910 over the 1920.

[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

That snide remark is gonna cost you your Caol Ila Unpeated bottle, buddy [emoji14]

I’ll bring you a nice sample bottle...or maybe I’ll just bring one next April and let you have what you want. I actually know where there’s a 15 year if you want it.

I'm with smokinjoe and Vosgar as this one doesn't work well for me either. Some nights my palate is in the right place and I like it but most of the time I get the same artificial sweetener notes that Joe gets.

I'm this way with WRDO as well. I think my palate just doesn't like what happens when whiskey gets put into a second new barrel.

• I like it 1

I'm with smokinjoe and Vosgar as this one doesn't work well for me either. Some nights my palate is in the right place and I like it but most of the time I get the same artificial sweetener notes that Joe gets.
I'm this way with WRDO as well. I think my palate just doesn't like what happens when whiskey gets put into a second new barrel.

You’re not a fan of Dickel either, so there’s that difference, the 1910 and the WRDO that we disagree on...but I’ll admit that I much prefer PS WRDO over off the shelf stuff.
  • I like it 1

5 hours ago, ccleve23 said:

I do love the 1910.  Hopefully it will be out at the gift shop when I am down in KY next week. 

Don't overpay at the gift shop, that stuff's everywhere in KY!

11 hours ago, Paddy said:

Don't overpay at the gift shop, that stuff's everywhere in KY!

Even better.  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.