Four Roses 2019 SmB LE

beasled
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Didn't see a thread for this yet..

https://fourrosesbourbon.com/bourbon/limited-edition/2019-small-batch/

Non-chill filtered and bottled at a 112.6 proof, the 2019 Limited Edition Small Batch marks the first Four Roses limited-quantity bottling to feature a 21-year-old Bourbon which is from the distillery’s OBSV recipe. This release will also feature a 15-year-old OESK, 15-year-old OESV and 11-year-old OESV.

The special bottling will first be available in limited quantities at the Four Roses Distillery and Warehouse & Bottling Facility Visitor Centers on Saturday, September 21 beginning at 9 a.m. The Limited Edition Small Batch will roll out to additional retailers in the weeks following.

• I like it 1

• 3 weeks later...

It's good as always.  It's different from the last couple of years.   It has more oak and spice.  I prefer the last couple of years, my wife who likes rye really liked this release.

• I like it 1

I found this years release a bit disappointing after last years 130th which I loved.  It was too oak forward and out of balance to me, and I usually like a an oaky bourbon.  

My chance of finding one of these in Michigan approaches zero.  It's been the better part of a decade that I've seen A Four Roses specialty bottling and then it was because I knew the store manager.

Recently I've seen Four Roses Single Barrel on the shelves after being absent for more than a year.

• I like it 1

On 10/1/2019 at 5:36 PM, ThirstyinOhio said:

I found this years release a bit disappointing after last years 130th which I loved.  It was too oak forward and out of balance to me, and I usually like a an oaky bourbon.  

That is disappointing, but thank you for providing your feedback.  The more blogs and podcasts out there, the more I turn to places like SB and reddit to get reviews.  Places that get media samples just tend to hype up everything.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.