What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Fall 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Grabbed another Binny’s pick Russel’s Reserve. We went through the first one pretty quickly. Awesome stuff.

• I like it 2

18 minutes ago, JGriff said:

Anyone tried this yet?  

701B2179-D1E3-4913-BCC3-2625DBF045ED.jpeg

Some unsweetened chocolate notes, which I find in some HH products.  Nothing jumped out at me otherwise, but we’ll be putting it up with the HHBIB 6 yr and Virgin 7 tomorrow night to see if there is anything noteworthy.  Will let you know.

• I like it 5

On 10/15/2019 at 10:08 PM, 0895 said:

Rumor has it that a certain female member of the Noe family likes to use Bookers rye to make her cocktails.

I think I remember her saying that she likes ECBP as well. ?

• I like it 2

6 hours ago, JGriff said:

Anyone tried this yet?  

701B2179-D1E3-4913-BCC3-2625DBF045ED.jpeg

Absolutely not interested.

• I like it 5

15 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Some unsweetened chocolate notes, which I find in some HH products.  Nothing jumped out at me otherwise, but we’ll be putting it up with the HHBIB 6 yr and Virgin 7 tomorrow night to see if there is anything noteworthy.  Will let you know.

Cool thx. I’ll open tonight and give it a go.  

On 10/18/2019 at 10:30 AM, BottledInBond said:

Jesus. I’m still rationing out a bottle as slowly as possible and can’t imagine “wasting” Booker’s Rye in a cocktail..... full disclosure though, I’ve been known to use Handy in a cocktail once in a while and they’re pretty damn awesome, but some would certainly call that blasphemous 

Meh. THH may be hard to get, but they make it every year, and presumably they'll eventually get the numbers up so they're more easily available, given the price/cost ratio of that product.

Booker's Rye won't happen again. Not distilled by Booker, anyway.

But hey, when you're in the Beam family, you don't really have to worry about going dry, do you?

Edited by The Black Tot
  • I like it 1

6 minutes ago, The Black Tot said:

Meh. THH may be hard to get, but they make it every year, and presumably they'll eventually get the numbers up so they're more easily available, given the price/cost ratio of that product.

The Great Pumpkin to the rescue! :)

• I like it 1

We were  up in Loreto to celebrate our 34th anniversary and pick up my Ambassador bottle.  A great day at a beautiful place.

62D18C66-5978-4935-BBE6-3B287B96067E.jpeg

D9345DBF-6565-4D92-B866-117DE4467574.jpeg

Edited by markandrex
  • I like it 9

I must have been a good boy lately. The wife had a conference in the Chicago suburbs so she stopped at Binny’s up there and these came south with her. OESF and OESQ on the recipes. IMG_6474.JPG

• I like it 5

On 10/17/2019 at 7:35 PM, foster016 said:

I grabbed a Single Barrel of Larceny.  First time ever seeing a single barrel offering of it.  I was told by an employee at the store that it is "sweet..."

One of my local ABC's told me that they were getting in a barrel pick of Larceny soon.

2 hours ago, BMartin42 said:

I must have been a good boy lately. The wife had a conference in the Chicago suburbs so she stopped at Binny’s up there and these came south with her. OESF and OESQ on the recipes. IMG_6474.JPGI love everything about this but the MM. :P

Tried and brought home a store select 1792FP.  The couple I've had in the past were better described as hot mess, but this one was def different, at least st the shop.  Hopefully the bottle won't disappoint once it's cracked...

10 hours ago, Supercharger said:

3D039CDB-38B6-4978-95DB-BAAF8AD98235.jpeg

Nice packaging, at least (and nice photography!).   I'm interested to hear your impressions of the distillate.

19 hours ago, Supercharger said:

3D039CDB-38B6-4978-95DB-BAAF8AD98235.jpeg

Sharp looking bottle.  

Picked the front two up recently and dug the rest out for a family picture (with cousin Taylor). Have plans with a friend I rarely get a chance to drink with in a few weeks. Thinking I’m gonna blind him with all 5, see how things shake out. 

8D5C4118-0B64-4DD4-A0FB-122AA4840226.jpeg

• I like it 8

17 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Thinking I’m gonna blind him with all 5, see how things shake out. 

8D5C4118-0B64-4DD4-A0FB-122AA4840226.jpeg

So your friend isn’t worthy of the WLW?

???

Edited by parksmart
Damn typos
  • I like it 2

14 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

Nice packaging, at least (and nice photography!).   I'm interested to hear your impressions of the distillate.

I’m still developing an opinion. First pour had some signature mash bill 1 notes, but definitely had a unique profile. It was almost bourbon up front and scotch in the back (palate speaking). With a bit of air it seemed to sweeten up. Still had some oak notes, throughout - but not like ER, it was a different oak. Tasted...newer, if that makes sense. 

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, parksmart said:

So your friend isn’t worthy of the WLW?

???

Hahaha! Well played!

We had the WLW in a blind two weeks ago in Florida. Short answer is it would 100% stand out too much vs the other five, no point in including. We may finish with it, but he also took a sample home, so I’ll guess he will want to try something new. One of those rare friends you give full bar access to. . . 

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Hahaha! Well played!

We had the WLW in a blind two weeks ago in Florida. Short answer is it would 100% stand out too much vs the other five, no point in including. We may finish with it, but he also took a sample home, so I’ll guess he will want to try something new. One of those rare friends you give full bar access to. . . 

Just messing with ya.  Figures a guy who’s generous enough to offer up the “regular” Weller portfolio to a friend would’ve already poured the WLW for said friend...... ?

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.