What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Fall 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

22 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Have plans with a friend I rarely get a chance to drink with in a few weeks.  Thinking I’m gonna blind him with all 5, see how things shake out.

You are a good friend...

• I like it 1

29 minutes ago, BDanner said:

Finally found a unicorn...

IMG_7605.jpg

Nice bottle!   What the heck kind of contraption is it wearing on it's head?    It loox like it's trying (and succeeding!) to drill a hole in your cabinet..... ?

58 minutes ago, Richnimrod said:

Nice bottle!   What the heck kind of contraption is it wearing on it's head?    It loox like it's trying (and succeeding!) to drill a hole in your cabinet..... ?

I thought maybe it was still wearing its anti-theft device! :)

1 hour ago, BDanner said:

Wow, a 2019 BTAC offering in the wild! And before all the Black Friday/holiday/year end lottery nonsense and such. Big props to you brother.  Cheers and enjoy!

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, Richnimrod said:

Ha...that's the light and cord for the shelf it's sitting on.

10 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

I've seen that on This Old House. It's a jackstand fashioned like a BTAC bottle that's holding up the foundation of the house. ;) 

• I like it 3

11 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Wow, a 2019 BTAC offering in the wild! And before all the Black Friday/holiday/year end lottery nonsense and such. Big props to you brother.  Cheers and enjoy!

Biba! Joe

Are these not out in the wild in most parts of the country yet? Sorry I'm a new member to the forum and this is my first time commenting/posting (so be gentle please), and I'm still learning how everything works. I live in AZ and know these have been "out there" for a full week now in my little podunk town.

On 10/17/2019 at 3:30 PM, GoCubs85 said:

Rare Breed is becoming my go-to favorite based on availability

Its mine too based on....well, everything about it!!

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, mfortunek said:

Are these not out in the wild in most parts of the country yet? Sorry I'm a new member to the forum and this is my first time commenting/posting (so be gentle please), and I'm still learning how everything works. I live in AZ and know these have been "out there" for a full week now in my little podunk town.

Welcome.  As gently as possible I believe you are mistaken.  BTAC is a highly allocated and limited release and I would be amazed if they sit anywhere for any length of time, unless priced exceptionally high.  However, if they are on shelves in your area I suggest you buy every one you can assuming they are at MSRP.  

Hope I am incorrect and please let us know!

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Welcome.  As gently as possible I believe you are mistaken.  BTAC is a highly allocated and limited release and I would be amazed if they sit anywhere for any length of time, unless priced exceptionally high.  However, if they are on shelves in your area I suggest you buy every one you can assuming they are at MSRP.  

Hope I am incorrect and please let us know!

Good clarification and great username too. Yes, sorry I didn't mean to suggest they were sitting on shelves, but rather that in southern Arizona they have already been distributed to both on and off-premises establishments. I guess I was just surprised that my area would be amongst the first to get them, I would have thought we would be amongst the last.

• I like it 1

I picked up a Henry McKenna and a 1792 Sweet Wheat. I don’t have that much real interest I. The Sweet Wheat but it was pretty cheap so why not? The McKenna is the first I’ve bought in a while, as people have jacked up the price on it pretty universally now and I don’t feel any need to pay way more than I used to for it. This one was $33.99 and I thought that was at least somewhat acceptable, but it really wasn’t long ago I could buy as much as I wanted for $27.98

You’d be surprised how many places (meaning stores and restaurants in many states) won’t see these until late November or early December. Most wholesale distributors probably have them in their warehouses, but it takes them awhile to determine who’s going to get what and how many they are going to get. Retail stores in my area didn’t get any last year until early December. So, Arizona is apparently more blessed than you thought.

On 10/21/2019 at 5:18 PM, BDanner said:

IMG_7605.jpg

Wow, where did you find that? I've been looking for WLW bottles for years now around here and it's impossible. I remember years ago when I used to seem sitting on shelves for months and months, and I'd fret over whether or not I should buy it. Dang!!!!

At any rate, very nice find. Enjoy! 

Cheers,

Nancy

• I like it 1

Picked up Little Book Chapter 3 today.  I have high hopes for this one.  Have a few more of the herd to thin out first, but will be cracking it relatively soon!

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Picked up Little Book Chapter 3 today.  I have high hopes for this one.  Have a few more of the herd to thin out first, but will be cracking it relatively soon!

Do give us a report when you do!

2 minutes ago, The Black Tot said:

Please, need notes.  Looking at purchasing this soon.

128.85 otd 

504FD5F7-1F49-4558-ADD1-56F8A99950E9.jpeg

Thinking of going back for the 1920

Edited by TehRegion219
  • I like it 5

1 hour ago, The Black Tot said:

1 hour ago, PhantomLamb said:

Please, need notes.  Looking at purchasing this soon.

Twist my arm why don't you!  Ok, this will make an appearance in the what bottle did you open thread later tonight.  

• I like it 2

Fighting Cock 103.  Hard enough to find 750ml around here but ran across a backwoods place that had 4 1.75L bottles - don't know that I've ever seen family size in wild.  Almost bought them all but only came home with one.  Still may go back and get a couple more. 

• I like it 1

59 minutes ago, tsangster said:

Fighting Cock 103.  Hard enough to find 750ml around here but ran across a backwoods place that had 4 1.75L bottles - don't know that I've ever seen family size in wild.  Almost bought them all but only came home with one.  Still may go back and get a couple more. 

Age stated? 

Found a sale on Evan Williams BiB at my local LS.....$25 OTD for a 1.75L.  Seemed like a pretty good deal since I just paid $18 for 1L and thought that was decent for what it is.  Glad I picked 1 up.  On another note, they also had a whole row of 1792 Sweet Wheat yesterday for $33/btl........all gone today.  Didn’t think it was really that great....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.