What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Fall 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

17 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Most likely, Holiday gift sets.  

Exactly, seems like a truckload of holiday gift sets came in this week.  There’s a WR and EC sets with tumblers, JB with Budweiser glass pint?/shot glass set, JB bbq set but that one had JB BBQ sauce instead of bourbon. Pretty cool looking rum (can’t remeber name) in a wood shadow box thing with a porthole window and a bunch more. 

Picked up a Bookers 19-03 last night.  I also have Little Book 3 (opened) and 19-01 in the bunker so not sure when I'll get to open the 19-03.  I have heard good things.

Bought a backup Little Book 3 for $100. For that price, I think this is a sleeper right now and once people start drinking them, they’ll be kicking themselves for not buying more (if they can get them at a good price)

• I like it 2

30 minutes ago, BottledInBond said:

Bought a backup Little Book 3 for $100. For that price, I think this is a sleeper right now and once people start drinking them, they’ll be kicking themselves for not buying more (if they can get them at a good price)

Good price and I agree.  One of my favorite purchases this year.  

• I like it 1

Bit the bullet and got swept up in the hype.  LB 3 for $129 OTD.   Very excited for this one.  Probably an bi/annual sipper for me.

Took the leap on a MGP Widow Jane Binnys pick. 

if it’s not great, at least I found two straggler Saffells. I’ve missed it. 

• I like it 2

My brother-in-law has recently acquired a taste for our favorite beverage. I suggested he join this board, since he is in the Nashville area and needs some help from you guys in Nashville. He has tried to make inroads with local retailers on the S Side but to no avail. Anyway I told him I'd help get him some things that he either can't get or doesn't know to get. :) So far he knows he likes Blantons and Weller and few others he's developing a taste for. Here's a look at the care package coming his way.

IMG_1389.thumb.JPG.a186e4520207952e5c39cdc9852053d0.JPG

Edited by FacePlant
  • I like it 9

Lots of boxes tonight… the Little Book 3 was priced the same as last years' which caught me off guard-- as I thought there was a significant bump in the MSRP.

IMG_3309.thumb.jpg.87fa2abd8842711b2b6e420100c95870.jpg

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, FacePlant said:

My brother-in-law has recently acquired a taste for our favorite beverage. I suggested he join this board, since he is in the Nashville area and needs some help from you guys in Nashville. He has tried to make inroads with local retailers on the S Side but to no avail. Anyway I told him I'd help get him some things that he either can't get or doesn't know to get. :) So far he knows he likes Blantons and Weller and few others he's developing a taste for. Here's a look at the care package coming his way.

PM

6 hours ago, KSJon said:

Been wanting to try this one.

6DC5BFE4-291C-43AF-A8B2-7B794A5F7A5C.jpeg

I can’t predict whether or not you will like this, but this is one of my favorite whiskies on the market. I like standard JD, but I love it at Barrel Proof.  More age and proof does wonders for Daniel’s whiskey.  JD Barrel Proof is every bit the equal, and personally speaking, preferred by me to ECSB and Stagg Jr.  

Edited by smokinjoe
  • I like it 3

9 hours ago, KSJon said:

Been wanting to try this one.

6DC5BFE4-291C-43AF-A8B2-7B794A5F7A5C.jpeg

I've now purchased and consumed four JD SBs and half of a 5th - each a different B#.  Not ONE disappointed me.  That may be just me, but it is me.  I hope your experience matches mine.

• I like it 1

On 11/7/2019 at 6:36 PM, FasterHorses said:

Bought another Chattanooga SB to replace the one on the right.  Grabbed the last bottle of this 9yo MGP store pick. 

spacer.png

I was in Chattanooga a few weeks ago and toured the distillery. They had an 11 year old MGP SiB in the gift shop for 79.99. It was a great temptation but I passed.

55 minutes ago, CUfan99 said:

I was in Chattanooga a few weeks ago and toured the distillery. They had an 11 year old MGP SiB in the gift shop for 79.99. It was a great temptation but I passed.

Interesting.. this is really good stuff.Im tempted to head down and grab one. Gonna be out of town and will miss a couple of the lotteries up here so should have a few extra $. 11 yr MGP seems like a good consolation.

• I like it 1

18 hours ago, Supercharger said:

Took the leap on a MGP Widow Jane Binnys pick. 

if it’s not great, at least I found two straggler Saffells. I’ve missed it. 

Verdict on Widow Jane - Weird. Has traditional MGP palate, but a strange finish. I can’t place it. Almost mineral, but there is no Dickel in it and it’s not as pronounced or vitaminy. We’ll see how a week of air does it. 

42 minutes ago, Supercharger said:

Verdict on Widow Jane - Weird. Has traditional MGP palate, but a strange finish. I can’t place it. Almost mineral, but there is no Dickel in it and it’s not as pronounced or vitaminy. We’ll see how a week of air does it. 

I had a similar experience.  I picked up a 12 year old Widow Jane MGP store selection a while back, and it was underwhelming.  Couldn’t really place it at the time, but maybe it was the finish.  But it was just a bit “off” for my palate. 

12.3 is certainly an odd age statement— first time I’ve see a Cream of Kentucky ‘round these parts. 

E99D06D6-4328-42AB-8B48-869955108356.thumb.jpeg.90e91f816f0e3db5494ae66bbde70739.jpeg

23 minutes ago, southpaw13 said:

IMG_3979.jpg

Just found this forum a few days ago. Trying to try some different things out. Started by picking up some Larceny today.

Welcome

• I like it 1

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 5:35 PM, FacePlant said:

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 6:43 PM, FasterHorses said:

PM

Because as we all know, there's not any good bourbon just sitting on the shelves out there. 

On 11/8/2019 at 9:56 PM, smokinjoe said:

I can’t predict whether or not you will like this, but this is one of my favorite whiskies on the market. I like standard JD, but I love it at Barrel Proof.  More age and proof does wonders for Daniel’s whiskey.  JD Barrel Proof is every bit the equal, and personally speaking, preferred by me to ECSB and Stagg Jr.  

How old is the barrel proof JD reputed to be, Joe?

1 hour ago, Rick M. said:

How old is the barrel proof JD reputed to be, Joe?

AFAIK, there is nothing from Daniel’s on the age of this.  My statement was based on my own conjecture and tasting notes that signal to me a longer aged whiskey from perhaps specific honey barrelhouse locations as compared to their standard label; therefore, it is flawed as written.  

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.