What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Fall 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 11/27/2019 at 5:23 PM, Bob_Loblaw said:

Different stores.  The place I bought the Whiskey does not carry Hop Butcher.  The Blazed Orange is one of Hop Butchers better releases IMO so if you like their style of beer you should enjoy this one.  

I enjoy most Hop Butcher beers, but the Blazed Orange was just a little too thick for my liking.

I’ve been out of town for the Holiday and hope I didn’t miss too many good bourbon releases.

59 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

Joe, I'm guessing 80% of Illinois's W12 allocation goes directly to you! And I'm not upset about it. 

At a lottery today the W12 was going before things like ETL100, MGP Volstead, EC18, PHC, Barrel 15, Stagg Jr., etc. Its the one everyone seemed to want. It was actually the very first pick even.  The OWA lasted a long time because it was priced high ($65).

Slipped out and hit a Woodman's a few miles west of headquarters, they're blowing out daily drinkers at super-affordable prices: 17.99 for 750's of Old GrandDad 100, and WT101. I have a lot of Turkey bunkered so grabbed a bottle of the OGD100. Also grabbed a bottle of their Elijah Craig store-pick for 27.99.  

17.99 for an OGD100 here in Illinois makes me wanna salute somebody... Hope the store pick EC is a good'n.

• I like it 1

Made a drive for thanksgiving across a few states. Picked up some good store pics with EC and BT. Lucked into a W12 and a 1792 SW. also grabbed another group pic of the sagamore rye (think old scout mgp rye!). Lastly grabbed a group pic of the Treaty Oak Ghost Hill very interested to crack this one tonight.

IMG_4144.jpg

Now I've broken my "no duplicates" rule in triplicate-- at least the LB3 will make for a nice gift.

IMG_3458.thumb.jpg.184908310c4ae4d1f10cfa572004c73c.jpg

• I like it 6

2 hours ago, Clueby said:

At a lottery today the W12 was going before things like ETL100, MGP Volstead, EC18, PHC, Barrel 15, Stagg Jr., etc. Its the one everyone seemed to want. It was actually the very first pick even.  The OWA lasted a long time because it was priced high ($65).

I’m pretty sure msrp is higher on OWA than w12 now

18 minutes ago, bourbon4all said:

I’m pretty sure msrp is higher on OWA than w12 now

It is...but msrp should be $50..not $65.  The W12 was priced at $50.

54 minutes ago, Clueby said:

It is...but msrp should be $50..not $65.  The W12 was priced at $50.

I am pretty sure I know which store you were at, and if it was they price all of their allocated stuff at about a markup over msrp.

1 hour ago, Double C's said:

I am pretty sure I know which store you were at, and if it was they price all of their allocated stuff at about a markup over msrp.

Everything else was pretty close to MSRP. The OWA just seemed a little weird. Can't complain though. Got the EC18 for $140.

Used the binnys 10% to grab Remus Volstead and the Remus Reserve 3...not a cheap afternoon..:but 10% less than it would have been yesterday. Opened Reserve 3...tried against 1&2...not bad. Will open the fancy bottle tomorrow

• I like it 6

On 11/26/2019 at 9:06 PM, Supercharger said:

I’ve bought many like that and will probably go back and get more in the next week or two at that price point. I have not heard your rumor before, but I thought it was fantastic and worth the $100/fifth. 

Thank you,  believe I will get it.

• I like it 1

12 hours ago, grantsi said:

Used the binnys 10% to grab Remus Volstead and the Remus Reserve 3...not a cheap afternoon..:but 10% less than it would have been yesterday. Opened Reserve 3...tried against 1&2...not bad. Will open the fancy bottle tomorrow

Picked up the Remus Volstead 14 Year yesterday myself.  Haven't opened it yet, but will soon.  That 10% off saved you a nice chunk of change.

Edited by NDN98
  • I like it 1

14 hours ago, grantsi said:

almost grabbed another RR#2, but it was already on sale for 70, so couldnt use the coupon. i did get a W12 - again couldnt use coupon because its allocated - but W12 is only 35, & not gonna sweat the 3.50 since it is a W12. the RR2 is on sale til the end of the month, so will go back for that in a couple weeks.

• I like it 2

On 11/29/2019 at 11:34 PM, PaulO said:

Black Friday shopping for me was stock up on WT 101 and OF Rye.

Grocery store had a 30% off sale. ?

I hit the same sale.  I ended up with a Bakers SB (8 yr 6 mo) for $41 and OF 1920 for $37.  Everything else was standard stuff.  Although I did pick up a Basil Hayden's for $24. 

• I like it 2

Had a Binny’s gift card for $100 from the MIL. Seemed like a good match to the Belle Meade 3 pack of 375’s finished expressions. Nothing I would’ve ever bought for myself.

• I like it 1

40 minutes ago, OnyourMark said:

I picked up a bottle of Blantons, Eagle Rare, and 107 over the holiday.

Wow, nice haul.

• I like it 1

Well the holiday weekend came and I suddenly find myself at the office with no access to bottles for pictures.  But I had a good weekend, picked up a bunch of Goose Island Bourbon County variants including the Prop, 2 year Reserve and Reserve Rye!  

Also, had the opportunity to briefly meet fellow SB'er 0895 and his wife at a local brewery that we were hoping would have a special Black Friday bottling this year.  Also they did not which was kind of a bummer, but we got to sample a really good BA beer and talk bourbon for a bit.  We swapped a bunch of store picks so I got a new 15 year KC, a 4R OESQ, and a RRSiB to dive into shortly!  And a few samples including a dusty Jim Beam which I am super excited about.  

Oh!  And a W12 which is always a nice find.  I totally agree that it is not anything worth the hype, but I find it to be a fantastically approachable bottle that should be easy for a newer drinker to enjoy and appreciate.  

Edited by Bob_Loblaw
Forgot about W12!
  • I like it 4

Missed out on one Lottery, unable to participate in another due to work, but am very pleased with these 3.  The 17-04 I got a while back, but the others showed up suddenly @ a local Kroger for $69.99...

IMG_3287.thumb.JPG.513090668fc07e384a61f815e67bf038.JPG

• I like it 2

Returned from a trip to MI for the holidays. Picked up some goodies on the way and during Black Friday. None were on sale due to the stupid MI minimum price laws there, but still happy with the haul, especially the Coppercraft. I got one, tried it and went back for 2 more. Hard to beat 13 yr MGP at cask strength for $70. Almost like old prices from 2014.

• Coppercraft (MGP distilled) 13y 6m cask strength SB picked by Mega-Bev $70 (x3)
  • Old Elk SB Wheat Whiskey 6yr Tippin's Selection $75
  • Three Chord Barrel Proof $63
  • KCSB (Tippin's and two from Martha's Vinyard) $55 each
  • OF 1910 $50
  • Eastern Kille (Formerly Grey Skies before they got sued and had to change their name) Toasted Barrel Cask Strength SB from Smitty's $50
  • Copper and Kings Pear Brandy SB from Tippin's $70

IMG_1106.JPG

• I like it 1

Found these at my local grocery store (Pavillions in CA) the day after Thanksgiving.
$90 ($99 minus 10%) too good to pass up.IMG_0906.jpg

• I like it 4

1 hour ago, silverc said:

Returned from a trip to MI for the holidays. Picked up some goodies on the way and during Black Friday. None were on sale due to the stupid MI minimum price laws there, but still happy with the haul, especially the Coppercraft. I got one, tried it and went back for 2 more. Hard to beat 13 yr MGP at cask strength for $70. Almost like old prices from 2014.

• Coppercraft (MGP distilled) 13y 6m cask strength SB picked by Mega-Bev $70 (x3)
  • Old Elk SB Wheat Whiskey 6yr Tippin's Selection $75
  • Three Chord Barrel Proof $63
  • KCSB (Tippin's and two from Martha's Vinyard) $55 each
  • OF 1910 $50
  • Eastern Kille (Formerly Grey Skies before they got sued and had to change their name) Toasted Barrel Cask Strength SB from Smitty's $50
  • Copper and Kings Pear Brandy SB from Tippin's $70

I love that Copper &  Kings Pear Brandy. Fantastic sipping, and it makes an insanely good Manhattan.

1 hour ago, mattp9 said:

Found these at my local grocery store (Pavillions in CA) the day after Thanksgiving.
$90 ($99 minus 10%) too good to pass up.IMG_0906.jpg

Jealous.

• I like it 2

No photos (sorry) but I went to Packages & More yesterday to Christmas shop on behalf of my next door neighbor's wife.  She knows I am into bourbon somewhat and asked me to do her shopping for her husband.  So, I called Eric and drove over to P & M late yesterday afternoon.  I left with the following:  Little Book 3; Michter's 10 year single barrel; Henry McKenna 10 year single barrel; and once I got home, I threw in a bottle of a P & M barrel pick of Blanton's for free (these folks are really good neighbors and have helped us out on more than one occasion).  I think she was pretty happy with the box of bottles I delivered to her.  And thanks to Eric for letting me buy them.

Spoiler

Edited by Kyjd75
trying to get rid of that "spoiler" don't know why it's there
  • I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.