What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Fall 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

8 hours ago, Rick M. said:

How old is the barrel proof JD reputed to be, Joe?

According to a B-F rep talking to a barrel pick group, 4-7 year range for JD SiB BP picks.

• I like it 1

Picked up a WT101 yesterday. On a heck of a sale in NC this month. Normally 26.95, on Sale for 19.95 which is $2 cheaper than the WT81. 

• I like it 1

I didn't do anywhere near as well as your parents, but pretty happy with our lottery/release here in Manitoba and how I made out...

Lottery 2.png

• I like it 8

spacer.png

Finally took the right day off. My two biggest bourbon enthusiast friends were stuck at work so the right half of the pic is for them. The left is obviously for me. And yes I left plenty of W12, ETL, EHT, KO, etc. for others. 

• I like it 18

Been trying to track down ECBP C919. Some insider info for my controlled county said they might be getting held back till a whiskey event in January. Decided to take advantage of a $5 off $50 coupon with these today. First of the corked OWA’s I’ve seen and still at the old price of $22.99.
IMG_3595.jpg

• I like it 2

1 minute ago, marshall9779 said:

Been trying to track down ECBP C919. Some insider info for my controlled county said they might be getting held back till a whiskey event in January. Decided to take advantage of a $5 off $50 coupon with these today. First of the corked OWA’s I’ve seen and still at the old price of $22.99.
IMG_3595.jpg

Unreal, that's awesome.

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

spacer.png

Finally took the right day off. My two biggest bourbon enthusiast friends were stuck at work so the right half of the pic is for them. The left is obviously for me. And yes I left plenty of W12, ETL, EHT, KO, etc. for others. 

That'll never happen to me with anything Weller above WSR, Murphy sees to that...  Best hope for me are holiday lotteries/draws around here.  Lucked into a W12 last year, here's hoping to repeat...

On 11/10/2019 at 10:38 AM, BlueOysterColt said:

I found this dusty bottle sitting on a CVS pharmacy shelf...

F6A88E99-295F-4F81-B6C1-F9764E619675.jpeg

I genuinely miss a good Booker's at a decent price. Everything I've seen recently is a friggin rip off.

1 hour ago, PowderKeg said:

That'll never happen to me with anything Weller above WSR, Murphy sees to that...  Best hope for me are holiday lotteries/draws around here.  Lucked into a W12 last year, here's hoping to repeat...

Man, I wouldnt  have been more surprised if i woke up with my face sewn to the carpet.  If it can happen to this guy.. it sure as heck may happen for you. I found out it hit town yesterday afternoon but it didnt do me any good because the stores lie or save em for lotteries. I just went to a part of town that I dont normally go to and the first place had a GTS for $169 and a W12 on the shelf. Second place,  the guy before me was walkin out with a box of btac and pvw.. but there was W12, ETL, Etc  on the shelf. I grabbed 3 of their W12 and they didnt say anything... anyway a few more stores lied, one was gonna give theirs to regular customers , and the final store had a W12 and a GTS and a PVW but it was spoken for. Anyway, its a fine line between something and nothing. Im pretty happy my luck changed this morning. Hope yours does too. 

• I like it 4

enhance[/img]

You certainly had a good day my friend!
  • I like it 1

35 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

You certainly had a good day my friend!

Couldnt ask for much more! Hope you are well!

• I like it 1

Happy to have a backup of this. While it's not my favorite wheater, it's a different profile than BT and HH wheaters. Variety is the spice of life. 

20191113_175028-784x1613.jpg

• I like it 1

BT small batch #25 $28. Passes on the 1.75 of this last week and was wondering if there’d be 750’s available.  I got a few of the #24, maybe a little sbs to see if I pick up a backup tomorrow as it’s limit 1. 

25046260-FB8D-4F3F-8110-800BDC62E655.jpeg

1 hour ago, TehRegion219 said:

BT small batch #25 $28. Passes on the 1.75 of this last week and was wondering if there’d be 750’s available.  I got a few of the #24, maybe a little sbs to see if I pick up a backup tomorrow as it’s limit 1. 

25046260-FB8D-4F3F-8110-800BDC62E655.jpeg

Does anyone have insight into this batch?  Picked up a family size last weekend, and it is a tasty one.  Also, has Binnys ticked off Buffalo Trace?  Historically, they are always swimming in BT.  Last few months it has been pretty much non existant.

9 minutes ago, NOLEimit said:

has Binnys ticked off Buffalo Trace?  Historically, they are always swimming in BT.  Last few months it has been pretty much non existant.

I will have to find where I heard it, but in the past month or so, BT has worked on their distribution of their products to give some focus on areas that haven't gotten much historically.

On 11/12/2019 at 1:54 PM, MoneyMaaster said:

I didn't do anywhere near as well as your parents, but pretty happy with our lottery/release here in Manitoba and how I made out...

Lottery 2.png

Still a great haul yourself!!

11 hours ago, NOLEimit said:

Does anyone have insight into this batch?  Picked up a family size last weekend, and it is a tasty one.  Also, has Binnys ticked off Buffalo Trace?  Historically, they are always swimming in BT.  Last few months it has been pretty much non existant.

Didn’t get to try it as I feel flu or something coming on. I’ll still get a backup today and see what I can find out about it. 

As far as BT availability at Binnys, I’ve pretty much seen some sort of delivery at least once a week from them (Sazerac products) but they don’t last on the floor very long, unless you’re looking for the white dog 375 bottles. That’s at both locations I frequent weekly. 

Well it's early Christmas in NC

Was able to drive around and pickup 3 bottles of Blantons along with 5 bottles of BT.

• I like it 2

14 minutes ago, GoCubs85 said:

Well it's early Christmas in NC

Was able to drive around and pickup 3 bottles of Blantons along with 5 bottles of BT.

What are they asking for blantons over there these days. Hate that its all but disappeared

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.