What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Fall 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

14 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Fall has officially started so let's hear from you.

I have a two hour drive ahead of me starting in about an hour.  Hence, I shall be late to the party (unless you count the bedside ounce I finished at about 12:05 AM this AM  (about 17 hours before I typed this) just after the cat hit the litter box and fouled the air, causing me to get out of bed).  (But I think that happened a couple hours before the Fall Equinox so probably doesn't count.) 

Edited by Harry in WashDC
  • I like it 1

BEARSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

And

BT

Edited by TehRegion219
  • I like it 1

I decided to go back and buy the Makers cask strength pack of 375ml bottles. What better way to test them than cracking open an OWA for a sbsbsbs. 

The standard MMCS is definitely my least favorite of the group. I think the other 3 could jockey for first depending on what day it is.  The OWA is a nice bit of sweet goodness. The MMCS PS is the most complex, while the CS46 is between the 2. 

They're all fantastic, but they also confirm that in the current market I'd rather have a PS RRSiB than any comparably priced (accessible)  wheaters. 

20190924_182136.jpg

• I like it 2

Having some CEHT SmB. Getting down to the last 3rd. An LS near me has a couple bottles at $40 so will probably pick another up pronto.

NATS ARE IN THE POST-SEASON!  They beat Phil twice today, and Pitt beat the Cubs (somebody better investigate THAT! just saying, and my wife grew up a Cubs fan).  Celebrating the fact that the Nats' season has been extended at least one game, I am trying my best to finish off the last inch in the 4RSmB Select GEETEN gave me (THX Frank, and Patti says HI).  Why finish it?  She said it's time to get "some of those bottles off the dining room floor".

• I like it 3

11 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

Knob Creek 100 new label. No funk. Really liking this stuff lately. 

Just finishing up one of these new label bottles that my son gave me for my birthday.  Agree no funk and much better than I remember it to be when the age statement first went away.  Looking forward to trying it when the age statement comes back next year. 

• I like it 1

Stopped into Costco for some coffee, and ended up walking out with a Maker’s Mark Generations of Proof bourbon set.  Really a pretty good deal as it is, and I have wanted to try the 46 CS, so it was a no-brainer.  Opened the 46 CS upon arriving home, and had a pour.  Very hot out of the bottle to be frank, but really opened up nicely with some water added.  Looking forward to seeing this open up a bit more with some airtime.

11C0F607-9609-42E8-BEBD-35949B0E6178.jpeg

New to the group and glad to be part of the community.  Opening an ECBP that I found this week.  Good pour for first post. 

• I like it 6

I thought I would see what all the fuss is about. The one description that comes to my mind after the first three sips is peppermint candy. Now I am going to have to pick up a few spares if possible. 

0AE12C61-E9AE-4523-B4DA-853849C2CA28.jpeg

• I like it 4

Basil Hayden's with a small ice cube to tame the heat, LOL!  Sometimes I find the first pour of the evening hot even a low proof so the BH has been my first pour lately.  I never had a high opinion of it but my son left a half bottle at the house and, for a first pour, I'm really liking it.  Very balanced with some complexity...

1 hour ago, Radioyada said:

I thought I would see what all the fuss is about. The one description that comes to my mind after the first three sips is peppermint candy. Now I am going to have to pick up a few spares if possible. 

0AE12C61-E9AE-4523-B4DA-853849C2CA28.jpeg

Holy Crap!

Somebody opened one!!!

;) 

sounds good. 

• I like it 3

Cracked open a KCSB from Ace Spirits that I bought probable 3-4 years ago. It is an absolute cream caramel bomb with baking spice sprinkles and a hint of char.

Just divine.

• I like it 1

Football night:  4RSB followed by Legent.  Then went with Stagg JR., ECBP (B519) and '18 GTS.  Stagg Sr. being the obvious WWCD! 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.