What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Fall 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Go Nats. Cracked my B519. Will try and give my full thoughts later when I have time but much more subdued, sweeter. Good my a completely different animal. Dangerously drinkable though.
IMG_3461.JPG

47 minutes ago, Jfletchgu said:

Rough day. Had to put my first dog down. This ones for you Duke.

I know how rough this decision can be, along with the grief that follows... and can be heart-wrenching for more days than I care to remember.    Hang in there J.   It eventually gets easier.

(My current pooch is also named Duke.  My Dukester is a mix, and dumb as an oyster; but so good-natured and lovable!)

• I like it 4

5FA5606D-1324-4AEB-87C0-A7A1B4CE8B90.thumb.jpeg.0f05631b338d810bd0f740c0d8c396d0.jpeg

Sorry for your loss! Those fur babies become just like family, and it’s tough when we lose them.
  • I like it 2

1 hour ago, Jfletchgu said:

I’m joining you with a pour of Blanton’s in memory of Duke. Hang in there J.

Best to you and your family.   Joe

• I like it 2

Celebrating another trip to the NLCS with my favorite RRSiB barrel. This one's like the Cards offense tonight, it's big, bold, and kicks ass. 

20191009_210035.jpg

• I like it 3

Cool bottle but what is this and what do you think of it?

It’s a blend from MGP. Pretty good stuff for the cash. Runs here about $30 for a 750. Certainly not as good as the aged mgp in saos, but a solid pour and a daily drinker.
  • I like it 1

5 hours ago, Jfletchgu said:

5FA5606D-1324-4AEB-87C0-A7A1B4CE8B90.jpeg

I've been there. Most of us have so we totally get you right now. So sorry man. None of us can say anything that will make you feel better. The only thing that works here is time.

Do grieve. And remember your furry friend well. They are just the best. In time, you will heal. We all toast you and Duke.

• I like it 1

A month ago, I was in San Francisco to see S&M2 live - the 20th anniversary redux of Metallica playing live with the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra.

They played two nights and filmed both of those concerts and turned it a movie which was in theaters tonight.

There is nothing like the live experience but I have to say the movie is fantastic. The sound is amazing. Incredible clarity and balance and the orchestra sounds so strong. Very cool to see all of the musicians up close.

SO! I'm celebrating the memory of the concert and the experience of this move with some PVW15. Why not.

• I like it 2

Finished off the A119 watching the rest of the Nats game last night. What a game. So tired now.
IMG_3462.JPG

• I like it 1

5FA5606D-1324-4AEB-87C0-A7A1B4CE8B90.thumb.jpeg.0f05631b338d810bd0f740c0d8c396d0.jpeg

Sorry to hear. Cherish the memories.

16 hours ago, marshall9779 said:

Finished off the A119 watching the rest of the Nats game last night. What a game. So tired now.
IMG_3462.JPG

FWIW, I couldn't watch.  Wife refused to have the game on (she FREAKS!!) so I watched on PC w/ the sound off up until Kershaw came in.  Couldn't handle it and shut it down.  Woke her up at 2AM local time and made her open her iPad and tell me who won.  We spent the next HOUR watching YouTube postings.  Howie Kendrick sure made up for his Buckner booboo a game or so ago.  I have loved him since the Nats picked him up.  OLD FAHTS RULE!!

In celebration, AND in solace to an Atlanta Brave fan here on SB whom we all know and love, I currently am working on an SB Blend I mixed up last DEC.  It is the FIRST bourbon I've had since BEFORE the Nats win.

Joe, this one's for you.

• I like it 1

1:  Go Cards!

2:  Enjoying this 1792 FP store pick that I picked up in Bardstown last year.  I finally found one that really sings for me.  Many of them seem to be hot messes.

9C2F0C2A-47E3-48B9-9200-3967C2B50B41.jpeg

• I like it 1

36 minutes ago, 0895 said:

1:  Go Cards!

2:  Enjoying this 1792 FP store pick that I picked up in Bardstown last year.  I finally found one that really sings for me.  Many of them seem to be hot messes.

That's been my experience with the 1792s - HOT!!.  Maybe I've just a sweet-tooth guy.  I love Basic BT and the Bartons, and I like the A. Smith Bowmans, but I find the 1792s to be a bit hot overall just like the COL EHTs a bit hot (not that I don't buy and drink them).  Maybe I have a bad bourbon gene.B)

Um.  Go Nats?  StL only took most of the head-to-head games we played in the regular season this year.  Hence, the Nats do have a chance.  Sort of.

16 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

That's been my experience with the 1792s - HOT!!.  Maybe I've just a sweet-tooth guy.  I love Basic BT and the Bartons, and I like the A. Smith Bowmans, but I find the 1792s to be a bit hot overall just like the COL EHTs a bit hot (not that I don't buy and drink them).  Maybe I have a bad bourbon gene.B)

Um.  Go Nats?  StL only took most of the head-to-head games we played in the regular season this year.  Hence, the Nats do have a chance.  Sort of.

Yeah, alright...the Gnats do have a chance... ?

Bad bourbon gene?

I doubt it.

The only EH Taylor I can honestly say that I really like is small batch.  Everything else has been just ok.  4G was a close second to Small batch for me though.

MMCS tonight. I say it every time I enjoy this pour. So good & it flys so low under the radar. 

Cheers

After getting home from doing the PA for our local high school's girls soccer tournament I decided I should toast their district championship with a pour of Old Forrester 1920.

Last night coping with the massive No. Calif. power outage with a K&L store pick ECSmB.  So good!  I'm really liking these single barrel picks. 

outage.jpg

• I like it 1

Mrs. Vosgar had a gift certificate for Outback, so off we went for dinner tonight. Ordered a WT101 neat and was very pleasantly surprised when it was brought to the table. Served in a brandy snifter, it had to be a good 2-1/2, maybe 3oz pour. All for $7.75 :)  I'm sure the size of the pour was a fluke but hey, every once in a while you catch a break. Their selection of whiskey wasn't anything to brag about but they sure knew how to serve what they had.

• I like it 5

2 minutes ago, marshall9779 said:

Go Nats. Some times this just hits the spot. No muss, no fuss.

Nuff Ced!  ?

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.