What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Fall 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

12 minutes ago, Adam777 said:

I decided to take a history lesson this evening. 

B72697C9-7732-4BED-A9AB-9B0D6FF9B851.jpeg

Nice!

I got stuck in the past myself with a couple of 1870s while dining with friends.

CEHT SmB tonight. It had been out of stock at my local for what seems like a couple months at least, so made sure to grab some. I gotta say it’s my favorite of the regular BT line. Happy Friday!

30 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

Slump buster pour for the Cardinals. Gotta break up that no-no...

20191011_213646.jpg

No more no-no!

No more no-no!

Yes they did. But Doolittle got them out of it. Now a fresh cracked PS version. Super sweet up front to a spicy late mid palate and beginning of the finish. Then back to sweet baked apple.
IMG_3464.JPG
  • I like it 1

I had a great day today.

Grandparents day at my grandsons school. ?  Had a tail light assembly and radio antenna replaced on my wife’s van at a cost of $0.00. ?  Enjoyed a great lunch with wife. ?  While at lunch, we ran into a former Special Olympics bowler that I used to coach. It was nice catching up with her and her father. ?  Pours of BT and WSR after supper. ?  2018 WLW in the glass to end the day. ? Days like this don’t come along very often.  I’m gonna cherish this one for a while. :)

Biba! Joe

• I like it 11

WTKS PS tonight. This is a honey barrel. I hate, that I picked up only one bottle.  Lesson learned. ?

An Oklahoma pick for OU-Texas Eve. 

Boomer!

IMG_3651.JPG

Edited by Wedelstaedt
Clarification
  • I like it 3

22 minutes ago, Wedelstaedt said:

WTKS PS tonight. This is a honey barrel. I hate, that I picked up only one bottle.  Lesson learned. ?

An Oklahoma pick for OU-Texas Eve. 

Boomer!

IMG_3651.JPG

Rah Oklahoma, Rah Oklahoma, OKU 

I'd love to have an OU Glencairn. If you have a contact, feel free to DM me

Edited by JCwhammie

2 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

Rah Oklahoma, Rah Oklahoma, OKU 

Boomer Sooner, Boomer Sooner, 

OK U......?

Finished some dusties with a friend who has a couple WT101 8 year with 1981 bottle dates. Fun times! [emoji3]

IMG_3082.jpeg

• I like it 7

9 hours ago, Golferpimp1 said:

IMG_3847.JPG
Really good stuff. Enjoying with my Brother!!

I had the same last night while watching Sanchez carve up the Cards in the first game of the NLCS.  Both were spot on. ;) 

• I like it 2

The curse of having too much good whiskey opened - some bottles fall out of rotation for far too long. 

Hadn't poured from this bottle since I first opened it in Bardstown in April 2015, and I think a couple of folks had a pour (before heading down to Cox Creek to pick one up); an 11 yr, 6 month OBSF gift shop pick.  One of the last Rutledge picks I bought (can't believe it's already been more than 4 yrs since he left 4R).  The F yeast isn't my favorite - but this is a really solid sipper, and I think the herbal thing it has going on would be killer in some cocktails.  Has a very 'fall' feel to it.

IMG_20191012_134224.thumb.jpg.43fa0017b06f52ddd43f93f9d8fdbc09.jpg

• I like it 3

17 hours ago, Vosgar said:

Mrs. Vosgar had a gift certificate for Outback, so off we went for dinner tonight. Ordered a WT101 neat and was very pleasantly surprised when it was brought to the table. Served in a brandy snifter, it had to be a good 2-1/2, maybe 3oz pour. All for $7.75 :)  I'm sure the size of the pour was a fluke but hey, every once in a while you catch a break. Their selection of whiskey wasn't anything to brag about but they sure knew how to serve what they had.

This is what I love about WT101. Even in a bourbon desert like Outback you can find WT101 and not feel like you're settling for mediocre whiskey.

• I like it 5

Having a small pour of EC. Usually I find that it is a solid bourbon. However, tonight, it is following a fabulous OESO and it is coming off as rather pedestrian. 

Not a good week for Georgia sports teams but had such a good hike with my kids today, I thought I’d should pull out something special tonight. 

84D6905A-34CA-48AF-933D-8180AE209FBE.jpeg

Edited by JGriff
  • I like it 3

Barrel Bourbon batch 20 to match an interesting and surprising day of college football. 

• I like it 1

Back to a favorite in front of the outdoor fireplace with the first fire of the season.  Such nice unsweetened cocoa notes from this Larceny.  

C68986EF-7F51-4158-B15E-B58BEB85DF27.jpeg

Edited by smokinjoe
  • I like it 2

So the crap storm has eased off a bit and things are better.  The uneven dispersion law has been a problem over the past few weeks. For those of you unfamiliar with this particular law, the uneven dispersion law is “when the crap hits the fan, how come it all landed on me.”

had a very good day. Smoked salmon on the grill and watched college football. Glad to see both Jalens Hurts and Alabama win. Hoping the same for the LSU tigers tonight. Geaux Tigers!

This is the lineup for the night. Started with a Pendleton’s that was a Christmas gift from my wife. Not a big Canadian whiskey fan but this is very nice. 

Moved on to an Evan Williams single barrel. This was my Father-in-laws favorite back when he drank and I have this in his memory. I miss him a great deal. Here’s to Garland!

Last up is the Calumet Farms.  Another Christmas gift but from my older sister this time. A bit more rye than I typically like but very enjoyable nonetheless. 

Hope everyone has a great weekend. 

B99F85DA-3B26-4D14-BDD9-141B5707E32F.jpeg

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.