What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Fall 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Back to a favorite in front of the outdoor fireplace with the first fire of the season.  Such nice unsweetened cocoa notes from this Larceny.  
C68986EF-7F51-4158-B15E-B58BEB85DF27.thumb.jpeg.63b1b0983eb6ef2503c5fb2d35c0e0d3.jpeg

I just realized (or my CRS disease is showing) that the Boss put that additional engraving on the SB glasses that he delivered to us that year. The glow of the fire really made that stand out, so I had to go check my glass to see if it was on it, and sure enough, it was!
  • I like it 2

56 minutes ago, MTNBourbon said:

Pretty nice.

8i2Li2u.jpg

What an iconic bottle. Love it!

Cheers

• I like it 2

My Sooners did their job and brought home The Golden Hat.

Victory pour. WT12

Cheers

IMG_3654.JPG

• I like it 6

Astros laid down a bottom-shelf performance tonight, so I'm having some EW Black tonight to mark the occasion.  

• I like it 1

40 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Astros laid down a bottom-shelf performance tonight, so I'm having some EW Black tonight to mark the occasion.  

Welp..........that's the spirit?

Looking bad the Stros are in a hitting slump.

They keep this up and I’ll be drinking Kentucky Gentleman.
  • I like it 3

5 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Looking bad the Stros are in a hitting slump.

They keep this up and I’ll be drinking Kentucky Gentleman.

I like this idea for matching the pour to the performance of your team.  But it's looking like it might be another long Kentucky Gentleman season up here in Chicago-Hockey-land.  

Edited by Steven C
  • I like it 1

40 minutes ago, Steven C said:

I like this idea for matching the pour to the performance of your team.  But it's looking like it might be another long Kentucky Gentleman season up here in Chicago-Hockey-land.  

I'm a UGA grad, so I guess I should be drinking some super-expensive bourbon with great packaging and story, something highly rated, with a storied past, yet currently over promises while under-delivering in the most stomach turning ways.  Black Maple Hill? 

• I like it 6

1 hour ago, dad-proof said:

I'm a UGA grad, so I guess I should be drinking some super-expensive bourbon with great packaging and story, something highly rated, with a storied past, yet currently over promises while under-delivering in the most stomach turning ways.  Black Maple Hill? 

?

• I like it 2

10 hours ago, Obeezy1Kaneezy said:

7FC75EFF-39B9-42C1-86D6-E7D1BF386245.jpeg

So how is the 12yr?  I'm hopin' and prayin' it FINALLY shows up down here (and hangs around a little) like BIB and HR, but no joy yet....

3 hours ago, dad-proof said:

Nah, ya just need (another) big 'ol swig of Fighting Cock.... 

• I like it 5

13 hours ago, Wedelstaedt said:

Victory pour. WT12

Cheers

IMG_3654.JPG

And I guess I'll pull out the massively disappointing SABL to mark the similar West (By God!) Virginia performance against ISU.  I got a bad feeling I'm gonna burn thru this (awful) bottle over the rest of the season...  SOOOOO hoping for W12 for next year.

Edit:  OMG this SABL swill is GAWDAWFUL!!!  It even ruins dark chocolate.  The 'Eers better step it up several notches or I might need a stomach pump by Dec...

Edited by PowderKeg
  • I like it 3

13 hours ago, Wedelstaedt said:

Victory pour. WT12

Cheers

IMG_3654.JPG

Where'd you find that Glencairn? I've been wanting one for each of my teams, which one also happens to be those down in Norman. 

5 hours ago, PowderKeg said:

So how is the 12yr?  I'm hopin' and prayin' it FINALLY shows up down here (and hangs around a little) like BIB and HR, but no joy yet....

Honestly, not my favorite expression from 1792.  I personally like the Full Proof better.  Don’t get me wrong though, it’s not bad at all.  

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, PowderKeg said:

And I guess I'll pull out the massively disappointing SABL to mark the similar West (By God!) Virginia performance against ISU.  I got a bad feeling I'm gonna burn thru this (awful) bottle over the rest of the season...  SOOOOO hoping for W12 for next year.

Edit:  OMG this SABL swill is GAWDAWFUL!!!  It even ruins dark chocolate.  The 'Eers better step it up several notches or I might need a stomach pump by Dec...

What’s SABL? Smooth Ambler Big Level?

Russels Reserve Rye 6 (old label)

preceded by KC9

both solid.. first time with RRRye..its a good rye but nothing special about it. The KC is really nice too.. no complaints tonight.

Edited by FasterHorses
  • I like it 1

16 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

What’s SABL? Smooth Ambler Big Level?

Yes, but to be accurate it oughta be called Big Loser.

• I like it 3

23 hours ago, Obeezy1Kaneezy said:

Honestly, not my favorite expression from 1792.  I personally like the Full Proof better.  Don’t get me wrong though, it’s not bad at all.  

Well I'll def keep an eye out for it.  BIB and HR have been my favorites so far (not including the original RR8yr and 225An).  I've had less-than-thrilled results with a few SiB, and FP has been IMHO a little hot, so maybe the 12yr will hit the sweet spot for me.  SW stands on its own as a very enjoyable and noticeable change-up.  Thanks!

• I like it 1

Impromptu blend again. ?  MMCS and MM46CS. Not exactly overwhelming, but still pretty darned tasty if you ask me.?

Biba! Joe

Camp Nelson F. One of two barrel picks I was lucky enough to participate in. Takes me right back to the Rick house. . . 

B845E433-20F3-4998-8B73-0F17A76C5F80.jpeg

• I like it 4

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.