What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Fall 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

23 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I’ve been in a bottle killing mode lately. ? I decided to take a break from that today. Plain old ER is in the glass, and it’s tasting purty darned good ^_^

Biba! Joe

Don't want to ruin a good thing. Back to bottle kill mode. :ph34r: 

Once again I'm blending some Kirkland Bourbon with a dusty Barclay's Bourbon. IMHO, this blend is better than either of the two on their own. Maybe not by much, but I swear it's better. ?

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

Major score today. I understand why they call this Poor Man’s Pappy.  The legs on this thing is awesome.  I also scored a bottle of Blanton’s

XhLk3M5.jpg

• I like it 1

Enjoying some 1792 SB and then a little FRSiB to go along with FINALLY seeing John Wick 3 since my Cardinals didn’t bother to show for the NLCS. Congratulations to the Nats though. Hope they take it all.

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, Vosgar said:

W12 from an older embossed wheat bottle. Damn fine whiskey

BOTY skillz on display right here people.

• I like it 1

Half Baker’s, half a LRP KC PS in the hotel room— poor man’s Little Book for the road. 

654DC846-1663-47C7-8256-45CADEABE51F.thumb.jpeg.8e6eb377acdcd797454ca4f8badcceee.jpeg

• I like it 1

9 hours ago, MTNBourbon said:

Slowly.

lff19KN.jpg

Awesomely dark! Do you proof it down?

Edited by Phil T
  • I like it 2

13 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

Russels Reserve Rye again 

I'm having the RR SiB rye, and it's dang good. 

• I like it 1

Still trying to polish off a few bottles. Doing a BIB blend tonight. Equal parts JTS Brown & JW Dant. ?

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

I had a drink of MM this evening before the football game and it's not too bad. But I do wonder why the price on MM has dropped so much over the past 4-5 years. When I bought my first bottle, it was around $33/750ml but today I can find it for $22/750ml almost every other week. Last month, I bought a 1.75L bottle for just a bit less than $40. Beam-Suntory is a business and not a non-profit so I'm guessing that I might have missed something along the way.

• I like it 1

EW BIB tonight, and I'm happy because a store may be taking some of my advice what to carry.  I got a sale email.  That started a conversation.

I had a drink of MM this evening before the football game and it's not too bad. But I do wonder why the price on MM has dropped so much over the past 4-5 years. When I bought my first bottle, it was around $33/750ml but today I can find it for $22/750ml almost every other week. Last month, I bought a 1.75L bottle for just a bit less than $40. Beam-Suntory is a business and not a non-profit so I'm guessing that I might have missed something along the way.

Curious why do you think the price has down on regular MM?

6 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Curious why do you think the price has down on regular MM?

My first guess and the simplest is that they have too much inventory. Of course, that could be debated because once inventory was brought back to a reasonable level, raising and maintaining those higher prices for a sustained period of time would be difficult . We all like bourbon but it would be hard to convince us that the $22 bottle that we were buying is now worth $30. I suppose an argument could be made for the idea that they've lowered prices to gain market share. I really don't know, that's why I asked.

Took this to a well regarded resto

locally, to share with the co-owner/sommelier.  Fascinating nose, with a complex palate of vanilla, cherry and plantain.  1980 bottle date.....

A8DC3F81-FBB0-42BF-AA03-1759E12A0F70.jpeg

• I like it 2

Got a sample of Weller Full Proof from a guy at work..sipping on it now. Glad to get to try it and get over the hype. Nice overall but Ive had way better OWA. Wouldn't chase this one.

Edited by FasterHorses
  • I like it 1

Currently WTRB, previously New Riff SB, next....its early on a Friday, anything can happen but I’m heavily leaning towards a rye. Baby Saz or OF or Pikesville.

30 minutes ago, nc_6789 said:

Trying to learn to appreciate some high proof pours without ice or water

SMALL Sips!!!!    ...Or, even go ahead and add a few drops of water at a time, until you find the spot where the whiskey seems perfect for you!   

There is no rule about drinking Bourbon, other than this one: Drink it how you like it best. 

There is also a corollary to that rule: Don't let anybody ever tell your not doing it right if you're enjoying it!!!!!

• I like it 8

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.