What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Fall 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Maybe a smaller pour to start with.
That’s a large pour for 60% bourbon.

Hope you enjoy them. They pack a punch but also have tremendous flavor.

Maybe this belongs somewhere else but I find I’m able to get more from the smell and even the taste when I do small pours in my Glencairn glass. I try to keep my pour below midpoint of the bulge section. You can’t properly nose if it’s too much.

Well, tonight I did something I never never (well, hardly ever) do - took a CEHT and made a cocktail instead of drinking it neat.  While doing dishes, I made a Manhattan with the CEHT rye and Dolins sweet vermouth.  4 OZ of CEHT plus 2 OZ of Dolins plus twelve drops of Angostura got me through the dishes AND the nine minute, a capella rendition of the Star Spangled Banner before the Nats @ Astros started.  Oh, yeah - three ice cubes.?

EDIT - DANG CAT!!  I jusdt tried to take a sip and found my glass EMPTY!  Quelle fromage. (sic)

Edited by Harry in WashDC
  • I like it 4

42 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Maybe this belongs somewhere else but I find I’m able to get more from the smell and even the taste when I do small pours in my Glencairn glass. I try to keep my pour below midpoint of the bulge section. You can’t properly nose if it’s too much.

Amen to that, @HoustonNit! You are absolutely right about that. Keeping the pour level below the midpoint of the bulge section will definitely allow you to nose properly.

• I like it 1

Amen to that, [mention=12713]HoustonNit[/mention]! You are absolutely right about that. Keeping the pour level below the midpoint of the bulge section will definitely allow you to nose properly.

I also don’t mind needing to pour more often, I need the exercise.
  • I like it 1

4 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

4 hours ago, WhiskeyBlender said:

Amen to that, @HoustonNit! You are absolutely right about that. Keeping the pour level below the midpoint of the bulge section will definitely allow you to nose properly.

AND! As Nancy taught me....nose from the top of the glass, not the bottom. The alcohol is stronger on the bottom and mutes the vapors.

• I like it 2

4 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Well, tonight I did something I never never (well, hardly ever) do - took a CEHT and made a cocktail instead of drinking it neat.  While doing dishes, I made a Manhattan with the CEHT rye and Dolins sweet vermouth.  4 OZ of CEHT plus 2 OZ of Dolins plus twelve drops of Angostura got me through the dishes AND the nine minute, a capella rendition of the Star Spangled Banner before the Nats @ Astros started.  Oh, yeah - three ice cubes.?

EDIT - DANG CAT!!  I jusdt tried to take a sip and found my glass EMPTY!  Quelle fromage. (sic)

YOUR CAT DRINKS BOURBON!!!???

5 hours ago, flahute said:

Don't they ALL?   :D

I mean, we all assume dogs are Bourbon drinkers without a comprehensive study as of yet; but cats are widely known to choose Bourbon over any other distilled spirit.   Ask my son; he'll tell you!   That's where most his stash has gone over the years... and nearly all of the good stuff (which has disappeared under mysterious circumstances), which I know he saves to share with me.    Right?????  ?

• I like it 1

Had some Old Forrester SiB last night.  To me they have been putting out some solid bourbons lately.

• I like it 3

11 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Need to pull out the high proof stuff for this one.

IMG_8292.jpg

Awesome price on that bottle. I wish they were close to that price in my area.

Last night was a pour of OGD 114 that I have had open for a while and it really hit the spot. May have to revisit this bottle on a more frequent basis.

• I like it 2

9 hours ago, flahute said:

Technically, rye, but as it’s Harry’s cat I think it has a good number of whiskeys secreted around the house and in the yard, including bourbon I’m sure. 

• I like it 1

Awesome price on that bottle. I wish they were close to that price in my area.

Yeah me too, this was actually by someone in Oklahoma who gave it to me. Last time I saw one of these was nearly a year ago in Louisiana and I believe $10 more. To be honest I’m not much of a fan anymore, wished I picked up another bottle of the Louisiana stores 14 year pick of KC instead of ECBP it was awesome.

A bit of WTRB tonight.  Nice finish to a good day. 

Almost did the same. Decided to go with this. Let’s go Nats! Tony Two-Bags does it again.
IMG_3482.JPG

Weller Full Proof first.. a little better this time
then some Virgin Bourbon 7yr with a little water . (thanksJeff)

• I like it 1

Need to pull out the high proof stuff for this one.

IMG_8292.thumb.jpg.4cd2224765e2d1eafd68d080115ddafb.jpg

Think I’ll need to bring out the high heat stuff tonight again, lil Juanito and those Natty boys are hot!

WT 101 nightcap after a couple BT’s at the bar during Team Trivia league. Missed winning because nobody on our team has ever seen Brokeback Mountain. Knew the final word of the movie for Shawshank, Princess Bride, Big Lebowski, but not that one.

• I like it 1

Weller Full Proof first.. a little better this time
then some Virgin Bourbon 7yr with a little water . (thanksJeff)

You’re welcome!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.