What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Fall 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Last night was the rare (for me) BT night. I have a STJ and a BT with VERY similar profiles, the BT could pass for a diluted version of the STJ, they are that close. Several months ago I set aside a 50:50 as the STJ needed some taming. The resulting blend has a delightful cherry note that fit the bill perfectly last night. The proof down from the BT addition hits a sweet spot that makes this blend better than either component solo (they showed potential  but the BT needed a bit of horsepower and the STJ had too much) so the remainder of both bottles has been committed to this blend. 

I think Steve may have been the one to suggest this combo so, thank you sir, well done!!

• I like it 3

No thanks to my lacking water pouring skills I've just diluted my ECBP 139.9 proof almost 1:1. It came out surprisingly flavorful. I need to experiment more with low proof tasting.

Not too bad a week.  Settling into the garage tonight as we’re expecting more rain, and it’s a “never disappoints” Beam Bonded while waiting for some World Series action to get going on the radio in a few hours.  

Started with CEHT SiB, now working on Dickel No. 12 (killing the weak links in the herd). Also...let's go Nats!

A nice healthy pour of the current BOTM is in my glass now. :D

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

I haven't had anything from New Riff that I don't like.  A friend  of mine,  who worked the Kentucky Edge event, gifted me this.

20191025_214116.jpg

• I like it 2

Just finished mine.
Let's go Nats!!!  
20191025_205821.thumb.jpg.efdfb96aacef3b06669d2e555d790a9d.jpg

Go Stros, get the win. I’ve heard Nats are now the Cinderella team and Astros are the like the early 2000s evil empire darkside Yankees. Well maybe not after going 0-2, either way this seems fitting.

IMG_8297.jpg
  • I like it 1

30 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Go Stros, get the win. I’ve heard Nats are now the Cinderella team and Astros are the like the early 2000s evil empire darkside Yankees. Well maybe not after going 0-2, either way this seems fitting.

IMG_8297.jpg

Nah....no one around here will ever compare the Astros to those evil Yankees.  Before the Series, no one gave our Nats a chance.

The announcers were all over Houston's sacks when the Series started. Hell, if we played , "take a shot every time they said,  Cole", we would've been passed out before the top of the 2nd. ?

It's looking a little dire right now though.

Might have to take another drink!

Edited by Skinsfan1311

Nah....no one around here will ever compare the Astros to those evil Yankees.  Before the Series, no one gave our Nats a chance.
The announcers were all over Houston's sacks when the Series started. Hell, if we played , "take a shot every time they said,  Cole", we would've been passed out before the top of the 2nd. [emoji16]
It's looking a little dire right now though.
Might have to take another drink!

Good to hear. I really like what the Nats have done after unloading Bryce. A team I could get behind. I think Vegas odds had Nats at over a 2-1 dogs. If I was in Vegas or had access would’ve put a lot on Nats. I’d put Stros at a ~54% chance at the start and obviously much less now. I think Stros are probably a better team but the Nats are hot and baseball is all about streaks.
  • I like it 1

This is an interesting one, also gifted.

It's pretty good, but I don't think that I would ever buy a bottle.

20191025_225635.jpg

Now a surprise pour from the wife with the Nats in serious need of some runs. She chose ER for me.

• I like it 1

Sipping on RRSiB in tribute to Houston Nit & Kepler for the Astros victory tonight. 

Cheers 

• I like it 2

Switched over to some cherry ? cordial for the final pour of the night.

This stuff never ceases to amaze me.

Probably their best product currently.

Please ignore the kitten butt.  He insists on being involved in everything. ?

B335A15A-4C99-4FD7-A4B3-A205D3A3AB57.jpeg

• I like it 3

Have to celebrate any victory you can get against these Nationals, they've been tough.

Pulling out the Victory Cigar Blend also as a retrospective celebration for my Astros winning the AL pennant, because when they closed out the Yankees last weekend I was attending a college football game that night. Hated to miss the Astros, but seeing a Penn State "white out" game in person checked off another bucket list item for me, so no regrets.

20191026_002019.jpg

Edited by Kepler
typo, got excited after finally winning
  • I like it 4

This RRSiB is showing its age.  Very balanced, with the longgggg

leathery old oak finish 

Cheers

• I like it 1

7 hours ago, 0895 said:

Switched over to some cherry ? cordial for the final pour of the night.

This stuff never ceases to amaze me.

Probably their best product currently.

Please ignore the kitten butt.  He insists on being involved in everything. ?

B335A15A-4C99-4FD7-A4B3-A205D3A3AB57.jpeg

MAN!   Do you ever have a hairy arm!!!!!!   I've met more than a few dudes in my life with more than their share of arm-hair; but, for shear (needs to be sheared?) hirsutism you have the prize, 0895!!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.