What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Fall 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Yep, for a moment I thought LSU may let this one slip through their fingers.  

Games like this are not good for my liver.

6 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Got my chores done, too, so settling in to an afternoon on the patio with Alabama and LSU on the radio and a GBS Russell’s Reserve PS in my glass.  Alabama radio guys doing the pre kickoff lineups, and can barely hear over “Sweet Home Alabama” blaring in the background.  That must be a heck of an atmosphere!  I have no idea how this game is going to go...

6215E5D1-D967-4E27-AFBF-93704DCEBDED.jpeg

Ahhh, THAT is a fine pour, sir.   

I know firsthand of it's sweeter than average, mellow, brown sugary profile, yet it still has the full complement of cookie-baking-spices.   ?  

I'm a little envious, I think.    I believe I have only one left in the closet. ?

My wife and I celebrating Minnesota's epic win over Penn State to go to 9-0!  SKI U MAH!  Go Gophers!

gophers win.jpg

• I like it 14

A blue label while watching some Blues hockey. Man this stuff is good. Its supposedly the same barrels that go towards OWA at slightly higher proof and NCF. It's almost like a baby WLW.

I'm only a CYPB away from completing the family.  I'm no @fishnbowljoe...but then who is!?

20191109_221835-784x1613.jpg

20191109_195227-1612x784.jpg

• I like it 13

10 hours ago, Clueby said:

A blue label while watching some Blues hockey. Man this stuff is good. Its supposedly the same barrels that go towards OWA at slightly higher proof and NCF. It's almost like a baby WLW.

I'm only a CYPB away from completing the family.  I'm no @fishnbowljoe...but then who is!?

Thanks Tim!  ?    I’m still searching for a CYPB, and a Full Proof. I have a couple of irons in the fire as far as the Full Proof goes. Keeping my fingers crossed. If I don’t find a CYPB, I might be a bit disappointed, but at least I still have my Weller Blend. ^_^

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

I’m pulling out the barrel proofed stuff after a Bills game they probably should’ve won. Or am I celebrating a Bama loss after watching a frustrated Saban after every bad tackle attempt. Rare to see a Bama team play that bad on that side of the ball.

IMG_8360.jpg

We split a Barrel Bourbon Binny’s pick at 124 proof 10 years old last night. Distilled in TN, but I didn’t get any earthy or vitamin. Lots of berry fruits. There was actually discussion of cherry vs strawberry.

Today, we looked for something that just isn’t there in Blade and Bow today, OK, just nothing special or impressive and disagreed on BiB and Tucker (I actually did a scrunchy face..yuck vs “I like the corn taste”).

Now waiting on chili to get warm while I wait for incoming snow and LOVING this RR SB Binny’s pick.

Still savoring the LSU victory. Having a bit of ECSB tonight.  

I expect that Alabama will still make the playoffs. I am always pulling for the SEC teams. 

I attended a charity tasting/raffle with Galvin0791 this past Thursday night. None of my tickets were drawn, so my lucky streak has come to an end. ?  Sadly, Mike struck out too. On a more positive note, we got to taste a number of different items. I’m almost hesitant to post this, but what the heck. There was one distributor/vendor that had Skrewball on the table. On a whim, Mike and I tried it. Truth be told, it ain’t that bad. We were both quite surprised at how tasty it was. The rep said it’s selling like hot cakes, and has now overtaken Fireball (at least in our neck of the woods) as the top selling flavored whiskey. Mike commented that it would make a good after dinner, dessert drink. I agree. It might be good with a mixer too, but with what I’m not quite sure.  ?

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

32 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Mike commented that it would make a good after dinner, dessert drink. I agree. It might be good with a mixer too, but with what I’m not quite sure.  ?

Biba! Joe

I'm thinking Barton's Chocolate bourbon ball liqueur !

• I like it 3

I attended a charity tasting/raffle with Galvin0791 this past Thursday night. None of my tickets were drawn, so my lucky streak has come to an end. [emoji26]  Sadly, Mike struck out too. On a more positive note, we got to taste a number of different items. I’m almost hesitant to post this, but what the heck. There was one distributor/vendor that had Skrewball on the table. On a whim, Mike and I tried it. Truth be told, it ain’t that bad. We were both quite surprised at how tasty it was. The rep said it’s selling like hot cakes, and has now overtaken Fireball (at least in our neck of the woods) as the top selling flavored whiskey. Mike commented that it would make a good after dinner, dessert drink. I agree. It might be good with a mixer too, but with what I’m not quite sure.  [emoji12]

Biba! Joe

I agree...it’s much better than it sounds, but it is pretty sweet. I’ve actually tried it with Chambord Black Raspberry Liqueur...a/k/a a PB&J cocktail, which was pretty good, but still sweeter than I like most of my cocktails. My son has experimented mixing it with Prichard’s Fudge Brownie Cream Liqueur. He says it tastes just like a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup!
  • I like it 2

I think this would be an excellent combo, but it’s not available everywhere, but neither is Prichard’s Fudge Brownie Cream Liqueur.
  • I like it 1

Enjoyed a nice evening outside last night with some friends from work.

This was the spread.  ?

091F56E5-C914-4DA4-8BA1-0D9F27F082A7.jpeg

Edited by 0895
  • I like it 4

14 hours ago, 0895 said:

Enjoyed a nice evening outside last night with some friends from work.

This was the spread.  ?

091F56E5-C914-4DA4-8BA1-0D9F27F082A7.jpeg

Good thing you got it in last night. It was 70 and sunny yesterday and 30 and snowing today!

• I like it 1

21 hours ago, 0895 said:

Speaking of Barton, enjoying some VOB BIB tonight. Even though this bottle's not the old 6yr age stated version, it's still, IMHO, a good quality pour regardless of it's price tag.

• I like it 1

Since I like Wheaters, I picked up a bottle of Larceny today. For the price point, it is a nice bourbon.

B651F069-DBCC-46D0-BF80-A6C09D4C02B2.jpeg

• I like it 1

On 11/9/2019 at 7:02 PM, fosmith said:

My wife and I celebrating Minnesota's epic win over Penn State to go to 9-0!  SKI U MAH!  Go Gophers!

gophers win.jpg

I wonder how long it would take me to race over to your house from Berkeley? If that's what's being served up this evening, then I'll be right over! ?

Cheers,

Nancy

• I like it 3

My pour for the hot tub tonight. Not sure how long I can stay out here. Its 21 degrees and about a 30 mph wind.  It was 70 and sunny yesterday! :(

This is definitely like a "baby Blanton's".

20191111_195632-784x1613.jpg

• I like it 2

Had a pour of EH Taylor Small Batch tonight.  It is windy and snowing here.  Nice to stay warm and have a drink to relax this evening.  

1 hour ago, WhiskeyBlender said:

I wonder how long it would take me to race over to your house from Berkeley? If that's what's being served up this evening, then I'll be right over! ?

Cheers,

Nancy

If you make it up to Seattle I will pour this for you.

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, flahute said:

If you make it up to Seattle I will pour this for you.

Or Boston!  ☺

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.