What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Fall 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 11/9/2019 at 10:37 PM, Clueby said:

Man this stuff is good. Its supposedly the same barrels that go towards OWA at slightly higher proof and NCF.

20191109_221835-784x1613.jpg

20191109_195227-1612x784.jpg

Yes, it appears Full Proof comes from the same barrels as W107.  I know a store that was scheduled to do a off premise W107 pick with their rep and when they found out that BT was allowing Full Proof picks lobbied to get one of those instead.  BT agreed, but the W107 samples had already been proofed down to 107 and mailed.  So the store sampled everything at 107 proof and then had the option of taking that barrel as W107 or as Full Proof.  They chose the FP and so the rest of their barrel will  be proofed down to 115 and NCF.

I predict that in a few years FP and W107 end up pretty much the same scarcity wise as they are two options of the same product.  Actually pretty cool IMO so Kudos to BT for the ingenuity.  As I have mentioned in a previous post, this also explains the W107 big price jump last year so that it was in line with the new FP.

I will hopefully be opening the entire Weller family on the 24th.  Did crack the CYPB on my 8th Anniversary with the wife and we each had a wee pour.  It was well received and I am excited to do a blind of the entire line.  

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Pic from Anniversary night. Will post more when I do the big blind SBS

11D8290D-83DA-482C-8C2E-F933CDE6075B.jpeg

Rarely see those opened. Cant wait to hear about it

20 hours ago, flahute said:

If you make it up to Seattle I will pour this for you.

You'd better watch what you promise, @flahute. I might just show up on your doorstep unannounced with a Glencairn in hand! ??

Edited by WhiskeyBlender
  • I like it 3

1 hour ago, Radioyada said:

A cold evening here in Ga calls for a warm drink. 

94FFFBAA-4787-47EA-9789-24A453036B89.jpeg

Love that stuff. All vanilla. Wish I had more than one pour left in my bottle. 

18 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

Love that stuff. All vanilla. Wish I had more than one pour left in my bottle. 

I am right with you on that thought.  Two pours left, and I will have to decide on what will take its place in the opened cabinet.  That is a big shoe to fill.

Mystery pour tonight. It was the last of what was in a decanter. There was a tape label on the bottom but it faded and I don't remember what is in it. If I had to guess, it is probably Grandpa Weller's Four Grain (50:50, OGD114:WSR).  Sweet on the entry and a spicy finish and a bit of heat.

• I like it 1

Since I like Wheaters, I picked up a bottle of Larceny today. For the price point, it is a nice bourbon.
B651F069-DBCC-46D0-BF80-A6C09D4C02B2.thumb.jpeg.8cf932f008d58b92fa08c07c0d8d7101.jpeg

I tried this for the first time the other night.
I really didn’t care for it much. I think it was a cross between the wheat and a strong yeast taste. Left a bad finish in my mouth.

23 hours ago, Clueby said:

This is definitely like a "baby Blanton's".

AAA is so amazing! I would call it Poor Mans ETL after a blind tasting. It isnt spot on, but for the price difference,  i will drink AAA all day and not worry about hunting ETL

• I like it 1

23 hours ago, WhiskeyBlender said:

I wonder how long it would take me to race over to your house from Berkeley? If that's what's being served up this evening, then I'll be right over! ?

Cheers,

Nancy

That was Saturday night but probably 15 minutes or less.  I might break it out again, though, if Minnesota beats Iowa this weekend.  ;)

• I like it 1

A pour of OGD 114 just hit the spot.  It’s crept up a couple bucks but at $25 it’s still an easy choice for a go to at a pleasing proof.

2 hours ago, WhiskeyBlender said:

You'd better watch what you promise, @flahute. I might just show up on your doorstep unannounced with a Glencairn in hand! ??

The promise is still good!

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, HoustonNit said:

Yup Turkey Tuesday is doing the job nicely tonight.

IMG_8369.jpg

Problem is.... us Lawrenceburg men/women can’t see what Rickhouse is on that tag!

Problem is.... us Lawrenceburg men/women can’t see what Rickhouse is on that tag!

Yeah slightly intentional, it’s an F.
  • I like it 1

I've been kind of all over the place lately. Tonight it's a WTKS PS while other nights this week it's been a FR PS, VOB BiB, WSR and Blanton's Gold. I seldom know what I'm going to have until I start checking out the open bottles and see what hits me, and so far I've picked well. All have been very good :) 

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.