What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Fall 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Jonathan got the first ever single barrel pick at Bulleit.  It’s speculated to be from Lawrenceburg, obviously.  He picked two barrels, this was the second.   Looks like these will all be at 104 proof. 

I grabbed a couple bottles of each.  Tried the first pick (not my bottle) in a smokey cigar shop, which in itself is a beautiful thing, but always plays havoc with my whiskey taster!   Decided to crack this one in my room.  Very good so far!

273E663F-5513-4438-B428-501B7489EF0A.jpeg

Edited by Obeezy1Kaneezy
  • I like it 2

45 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Pulled this down for a small pour tonight.

20191114_203401.jpg

Japan or Kentucky? :P

8 hours ago, Clueby said:

Kentucky:(

Let’s face it...  Nothing wrong with that!  Great pour. 

Been away for a couple days due to health issues. Ha in some EWSB tonight in remembrance of my father in law. Followed it with doom larceny.

the Ewisgood but has a bit of a musty taste on the backside. The larceny is an okay wheater at this price point. 

• I like it 1

Thinnish mouthfeel, expectedly dry and bitter in regard to the “chocolate” rye component— could use a bit more ABV. I’ll give it another shot soon higher up in the batting order, so not writing it off yet. 

E45B5C46-96A7-4B4F-9F23-D130C88F40B4.thumb.jpeg.bf3fa9ddca08625c648db3ac61abc66b.jpeg

• I like it 3

5 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

Thinnish mouthfeel, expectedly dry and bitter in regard to the “chocolate” rye component— could use a bit more ABV. I’ll give it another shot soon higher up in the batting order, so not writing it off yet. 

E45B5C46-96A7-4B4F-9F23-D130C88F40B4.thumb.jpeg.bf3fa9ddca08625c648db3ac61abc66b.jpeg

Have you tried Balcones rye? I swear it’s liquid toostie roll. It has some chocolate rye 

31 minutes ago, TehRegion219 said:

Have you tried Balcones rye? I swear it’s liquid toostie roll. It has some chocolate rye 

No, but given the news this week I’ll be saturated by Friday.

I've been drinking a Bourbon Crusaders KCSiB thats's 15.5 yrs old all week long. Just got this in and it's fantastic. I think we got one of the last extra aged KC picks so I bought as many as I could.

15.5 year old bourbon at 120 proof for $40 a bottle? Yes please.

• I like it 10

12 minutes ago, flahute said:

I've been drinking a Bourbon Crusaders KCSiB thats's 15.5 yrs old all week long. Just got this in and it's fantastic. I think we got one of the last extra aged KC picks so I bought as many as I could.

15.5 year old bourbon at 120 proof for $40 a bottle? Yes please.

I’m waiting on a 15yr pick to hit. And also planning on buying as much as they will allow. 

• I like it 1

Got together with a buddy last night for a cigar and a few pours. He treated me to some MWND, a 9yr JJB PS, and 2018 WLW. All very good and much appreciated.
IMG_3601.jpg

• I like it 6

Killed off a bottle of Lot B (from about 2012).   Pretty good whiskey; but, not something I ever should have saved this long.   I enjoyed it's demise, however... so there's that!

• I like it 4

Alas, the last pour from this old friend. Very stellar whiskey, compliments of The Big Boss Man. Good to know I stil have his brothers locked in the basement. 

I opened this bottle the day I got it. For the life of me, I can't remember when that was.

15739426804766227222615759927006.jpg

• I like it 9

Xmas came early for me this year. My slightly older computer (cough cough :mellow:) was starting to have its share of glitches in the last few months, and was seemingly on its way to a slow and languishing death. I was in this same situation once before, so I decided to act before things got too out of hand. I'm celebrating the purchase of a new computer and accessories with some of my Weller Blend this evening. ? The only downside to this is the sizable hit to my wallet/bourbon budget. :huh: Oh well. I'm pretty sure that my bunker will tide me over for a while. But then again.....?

Biba! Joe

new1..jpg

new2.jpeg

• I like it 8

On 11/15/2019 at 8:28 AM, Clueby said:

Kentucky:(

Oh, c'mon.  As good as that stuff is you cannot possibly still be frowning.  A decent amount of it is missing from the bottle, so someone in your house must like it. :P

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.