What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Fall 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

8 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I’m really not trying to get personal, but since you work with my son, did you need a double?  ;)

Biba! Joe

:D  No, he's great to work with. You and Mrs. fishnbowljoe did a good job with that kid!

• I like it 2

After going big last night with the 2010 WLW, back to basics today with WT101. I'm continually amazed at just how good this whiskey is. A classic bourbon at a great price that never disappoints.

• I like it 7

1 hour ago, Vosgar said:

After going big last night with the 2010 WLW, back to basics today with WT101. I'm continually amazed at just how good this whiskey is. A classic bourbon at a great price that never disappoints.

WT101 over the past year has been stellar.  One of the best bargains for the quality in bourbon.

• I like it 2

A couple of solid pours to finish off a 2019 store select OWA.  Just because.  I intended to make this one last longer but decided is ok to enjoy it now as there are lots of great options available right now.

Edited by mbroo5880i

Gotta work tomorrow, so I'll be crawling into bed and sipping on this while watching an episode of "The Walking Dead" before i crash. Man, I really dig this stuff!!

20191123_202626.jpg

• I like it 7

6 hours ago, Vosgar said:

Could not agree more. Just today I went down to the basement and retrieved that last of my WT101 handles and filled 2 empty 750ml bottles plus a little in a third. Got to have my Turkey on hand for the upcoming Turkey day.

• I like it 1

Well yesterday ended up being a bit of a mess all around.  My friend who I rarely get to drink with came over as planned, but ended up being massively hungover from the night before.  Which was understandable as he and one of his high school friends stayed up late drinking in memory of another friend who was involved in an accident and passed away last week.

So unfortunately the big Weller tasting was put on hold as he was unable to even consider drinking whiskey.  Towards the end of the afternoon, he felt better and so we just got into some WLW which was great, as always, and I got to sample some Old Charter French Oak (which at that point in  the night was completely wasted on me unfortunately).  A sample bottle was left behind so I will revisit soon.

Good times all around still despite no whiskey blind.  

Inadvertently discovered today that I really, really like FRYL chilled to about 50 degrees. I had decided once I got home today to have a cigar and a pour on the back porch on what may very well be the last half way decent day in northern Illinois for the year (high of 54!). I've mentioned before about how I like YL with a cigar because it has good flavor but doesn't over power the cigar and today was no exception. YL from the fridge and freezer haven't worked for me in the past as all the flavor from the whiskey seemed to disappear, but at 50 degrees it was outstanding. Go figure.

Maybe I need a wine fridge for some of my bourbon.........

Edited by Vosgar
  • I like it 5

Inadvertently discovered today that I really, really like FRYL chilled to about 50 degrees. I had decided once I got home today to have a cigar and a pour on the back porch on what may very well be the last half way decent day in northern Illinois for the year (high of 54!). I've mentioned before about how I like YL with a cigar because it has good flavor but doesn't over power the cigar and today was no exception. YL from the fridge and freezer haven't worked for me in the past as all the flavor from the whiskey seemed to disappear, but at 50 degrees it was outstanding. Go figure.

This is all super solid device here.

Belle Meade Reserve Batch No. 27. Super rich...very much into it. At $44.99, the shelf at my LS cleared quick but I think there might still be one left...

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, Vosgar said:

Yassssss! We finally wore you down on this one.?

• I like it 1

Back when Beam announced that they were removing the age statement from Knob Creek, I went out and bought about 12 of them. Thing is though that I have so much bourbon to drink that I'm only now opening on of those bottles. (I did try one of the NAS bottles and thought it was not good at all. That got blended with a meh single barrel and is what I now use for Boulevardiers.)

Of course, now the Beam has announced the 9yr age statement is coming back, my stash isn't very relevant. This bottle is damn good though. And I have 11 more purchased at 2017 prices so I'm good. 

• I like it 4

40 minutes ago, flahute said:

Back when Beam announced that they were removing the age statement from Knob Creek, I went out and bought about 12 of them. Thing is though that I have so much bourbon to drink that I'm only now opening on of those bottles. (I did try one of the NAS bottles and thought it was not good at all. That got blended with a meh single barrel and is what I now use for Boulevardiers.)

Of course, now the Beam has announced the 9yr age statement is coming back, my stash isn't very relevant. This bottle is damn good though. And I have 11 more purchased at 2017 prices so I'm good. 

They just put out the 12 year 100 proof as well.  Just bought one at the distillery even though I haven’t cracked it yet.  Really glad to see they’re doing it.  Sounds like you’re good for a while though lol.  

• I like it 1

14 minutes ago, Obeezy1Kaneezy said:

They just put out the 12 year 100 proof as well.  Just bought one at the distillery even though I haven’t cracked it yet.  Really glad to see they’re doing it.  Sounds like you’re good for a while though lol.  

What’s the cost on that 12yr? I hesitate to ask. 
I am set though. I have case multiples of a 13.5yr KCSiB, a 14yr, and a 15.5yr. All fantastic. 

• I like it 2

7 hours ago, flahute said:

I am set though. I have case multiples of a 13.5yr KCSiB, a 14yr, and a 15.5yr. All fantastic. 

K&L has the KC 12 yr for $55.  I passed...

7 hours ago, flahute said:

I can’t remember exactly, but I know it was higher than msrp because I bought it in Clermont.  I will say it’s around the same price what some store picks are.  

On 11/23/2019 at 8:29 PM, Galvin0791 said:

Gotta work tomorrow, so I'll be crawling into bed and sipping on this while watching an episode of "The Walking Dead" before i crash. Man, I really dig this stuff!!

I’m gonna venture a guess that “grenade” will be empty by the time we show up for our family Thanksgiving Thursday. ?

Biba!  Uncle Doucé

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.