What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Fall 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

53 minutes ago, GoCubs85 said:

That seems like a bit of a waste for brine!  I pretty much use EWBiB for cooking purposes.  I can’t believe your getting that much better flavor out of something more expensive???

All I can tell you is that

A:  the wife asked for “something replaceable to cook with”

B:  the smoked turkey was damn good.

C :  the fresh 4R whipped cream on the pies was incredible 

??

• I like it 1

39 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

One last Turkey to cap off the night

y4mNwI79igIy7aCGfRpDbkiuwIQEkSCsFEC0s28H

So good. Killed one last night. I have two left. 

• I like it 1

Working on killing a Widow Jane pick. This one is very susceptible to my palate, but at best it’s decent. Either way, not worth the $70. 

Last pour of WTMK to cap of a great day of football capped by a decisive Turkey day victory by my Bills over the Cowboys. Had this be penciled in since the schedule release, so happy.

16 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

Yup not in a while last time was with the Hold Steady, not sure why I didn't see them more recently particularly because I probably enjoyed American Band as much as (maybe more than) most, my favorite of the post Isbell records for sure. 

Saw them several times in the mid ‘00s and again after ‘English Oceans’. 

Trying to find a date for this tour. 

‘southern rock opera’ probably still my favorite. 

Cooley>Hood IMO. 

29 minutes ago, Mako254 said:

Saw them several times in the mid ‘00s and again after ‘English Oceans’. 

Trying to find a date for this tour. 

‘southern rock opera’ probably still my favorite. 

Cooley>Hood IMO. 

I'm Hood over Cooley though they both have gems.

19 hours ago, 0895 said:

All I can tell you is that

A:  the wife asked for “something replaceable to cook with”

B:  the smoked turkey was damn good.

C :  the fresh 4R whipped cream on the pies was incredible 

??

I can see it in whipped cream - you could definitely taste the subtelties

Out back on the chaise with another pour of KC 12 yr., listening to an ESPN Radio Mina Kimes podcast with story on NHL Team dentists.  Some crazy stories...  I think I winced and touched one of my teeth at least 5 times during it...:wacko:

Still impressed with this KC12.  Lots of candy notes.  

• I like it 1

OF Statesman at the Delta Club in the great control state of North Carolina. I didn't even bother to bring my "bring back booze" travel kit after past ABC experiences.

IMG_3452.thumb.jpg.0b57f1b41752d9e88fd7613faeec812b.jpg

Having two of my favorite things to night.  Bourbon and a piece of my wife’s pecan pie. SHe only make it once a year at thanksgiving (otherwise, I would weigh 500lbs.).  The bourbon selection was a Christmas gift from myisister last year.  It i a calumet fams black label.  It its not in my flavor profile so I haven’t drank a lot of I this year bu thought that I would giv e it a try. It it better than I remember.

D2B3E8D0-76B8-4BD9-ABE5-928D1BD23037.jpeg

• I like it 1

23 minutes ago, StarSurfer55 said:

Having two of my favorite things to night.  Bourbon and a piece of my wife’s pecan pie. SHe only make it once a year at thanksgiving (otherwise, I would weigh 500lbs.).  The bourbon selection was a Christmas gift from myisister last year.  It i a calumet fams black label.  It its not in my flavor profile so I haven’t drank a lot of I this year bu thought that I would giv e it a try. It it better than I remember.

D2B3E8D0-76B8-4BD9-ABE5-928D1BD23037.jpeg

umm... pics of the pie please.

?

• I like it 3

Okay here it s. She makes two pies at Thanksgiving.  A pumpkin pie and a pecan pie.   She tweaks the pecan pie recipe a bit form the classic pecan recipe and it is really good.  Homemade pie crusts which are flaky and light at well.  It is a labor of love for her. I also put up Christmas lights today , a proces s that remind me of th quotehta perfection is the enemy of good.

53033B12-AD12-4632-911E-B1AB32F1314C.jpeg

• I like it 5

Every year we have the same discussion about how many piecesare there in her pecan pie ..   she usually says 4-6 but I insist that the correct answer is one!  So far she has not conceded the point. 

• I like it 2

Earlier toasting a UVA win over VT for the first time in 16 years.
IMG_3709.jpg

Now enjoying the first fire pit of the fall.
IMG_3710.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.