What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Fall 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

44 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Since I was able to get a new bottle today decided to have some Blanton's. 

20191129_203617.jpg

Looks like a helluva big pour. Enjoy!

• I like it 1

Continuing to work through this bottle of Rare Breed while displaced from my normal plethora of choices at home. No complaints at all. Great stuff.

A day late for Turkey Day. But here is my Turkey. I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. 

Cheers 

IMG_3716.JPG

• I like it 5

I picked up a EW 23y in KY a few months ago, I’m just getting around to opening it up. Obviously lots of wood, but that’s what I like. Very good. If I go back next year I will definitely pick up another. 
D05BABF1-90B8-4F3F-BE37-0327F99A81EC.thumb.jpeg.e2c20227b3e1939c7939cd313ee1a18a.jpeg

• I like it 2

Noah’s Mill. I got a second bottle of this for a gift. Different people who don’t know each other and neither a whiskey drinker both gave me Noah’s Mill. Crazy odds. Anyway, the first bottle didn’t impress me so I used most of it for old fashions for guests. I just opened this second bottle, and I like it better. It has a bite with a strong caramel  taste. It’s spicy but the caramel really stands out. I’m not loving it but I’m not hating it either.

I like to try foods and beverages at least 3 or 4 times. I was hasty in relegating the first bottle to cocktails. I’ll keep sampling this one.

2059B6C6-685E-4CE4-9307-1FBB05737E2A.jpeg

9 minutes ago, fosmith said:

Drowning my sorrows after my Gophers got destroyed by Wisconsin today... 

That's a helluva large "drowning of sorrows" pour :). My son and DIL, both MN grads, were severely bummed as well.

As for me, after enjoying various Turkey's the last couple of days I found a sample I had stashed away of my last Ezra B 12yr bottle. Damn good whiskey, and now it's gone for good :( 

Edited by Vosgar
  • I like it 5

14 hours ago, Vosgar said:

That's a helluva large "drowning of sorrows" pour :). My son and DIL, both MN grads, were severely bummed as well.

As for me, after enjoying various Turkey's the last couple of days I found a sample I had stashed away of my last Ezra B 12yr bottle. Damn good whiskey, and now it's gone for good :( 

When I saw fosmith's post, I thought.." damn, that's a Vosmonster type pour!!"

Anyway,  you have a way of reminding me of shit I have forgotten Gary. The last being, how good Ezra 12 yr is. It has been awhile since I have had a pour and was curious how many have survived in my bunker. So, I took a peak. Woohoo!!! Many bottles!! Guess I'll have to bring them to Btown.?

Sorry, I almost forgot. Go Bucks!!

Prost!! Phil 

Edited by Phil T
  • I like it 4

Texting back and forth with our resident Weller Whore moderator this afternoon put me in the mood for some W12, so in the glass is a Binny's pick from a number of years ago. Great whiskey ?

• I like it 5

Eagle Rare SP for the end of the long weekend.  One of the better bottles of ER I have found, and it will be hard to replace when it is gone.

My son turned 4 yesterday. Celebrated with this after a morning at the movies seeing Frozen II and an evening at Chuck E. Cheese.
IMG_3786.jpg

• I like it 8

3 minutes ago, marshall9779 said:

My son turned 4 yesterday. Celebrated with this after a morning at the movies seeing Frozen II and an evening at Chuck E. Cheese.

After an evening at Chuck E. Cheese, I think I'd need a fosmith size pour....

That being said, it's great you were able to spend the day doing fun things with the little guy. 4 is a fun age!

That being said, it's great you were able to spend the day doing fun things with the little guy. 4 is a fun age!

Yeah, was gonna do a pour of something else after but man I was exhausted. Love him to death but man he is tough to handle sometimes.

Ha +1 to this, Chuck E. Cheese can be tough.

My kids about the same age, love him to death but yeah, sometimes a big pour is needed after a day like this.
  • I like it 1

5 hours ago, marshall9779 said:

Yeah, was gonna do a pour of something else after but man I was exhausted. Love him to death but man he is tough to handle sometimes.

It's just a phase the little guy is going through.  He'll get over it in about 20 - 22 years. Enjoy every moment.

• I like it 4

PVW15 after shoveling about a foot of snow from the driveway.  Oh goody - it's snowing again!   I'm getting too old for this.      ?

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, marshall9779 said:

IMG_3786.jpg

Your son actually sat through a movie?

My son is four, soon to be five.

One thing I've learned (with a preschooler in the house) no need to buy expensive whiskey.

Some cheap bottled in bond stuff works just fine when you're exhausted.

• I like it 1

47 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

PVW15 after shoveling about a foot of snow from the driveway.  Oh goody - it's snowing again!   I'm getting too old for this.      ?

Snow?    Ah, you folx love that SH_T out east, no?  ?

On 11/26/2019 at 1:10 AM, flahute said:

Back when Beam announced that they were removing the age statement from Knob Creek, I went out and bought about 12 of them. Thing is though that I have so much bourbon to drink that I'm only now opening on of those bottles. (I did try one of the NAS bottles and thought it was not good at all. That got blended with a meh single barrel and is what I now use for Boulevardiers.)

Of course, now the Beam has announced the 9yr age statement is coming back, my stash isn't very relevant. This bottle is damn good though. And I have 11 more purchased at 2017 prices so I'm good. 

Only 12?  Piker.  RE: the announcement - I missed it so THX.  Still, I'll wait until the "new" 9YO is out and prevalent so I can do a SBS with the "old".  FWIW, I have enough "old" that I have never tasted the NAS let alone purchased it so I, too, am set. 

On thread - no bourbon tonight.  I have a WT 101 Rye with about an inch in it, and we are having Sazeracs with leftover turkey.  Not ON it.  WITH it.

• I like it 1

A wee Ezra B. 12yo in the hotel after trudging around in the snow for hours. One of my favorite pours. 

CB9241BA-614F-4B31-8B69-33B1D60396CC.thumb.jpeg.13193399f52222a76e31c67477f828b7.jpeg

• I like it 5

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.