What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Fall 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

14 minutes ago, Kane said:

College dive with kids from my class. WT101 saves the day once again.

“Woot Woot!”   ?

Biba! Joe

2 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Only 12?  Piker.  RE: the announcement - I missed it so THX.  Still, I'll wait until the "new" 9YO is out and prevalent so I can do a SBS with the "old".  FWIW, I have enough "old" that I have never tasted the NAS let alone purchased it so I, too, am set. 

On thread - no bourbon tonight.  I have a WT 101 Rye with about an inch in it, and we are having Sazeracs with leftover turkey.  Not ON it.  WITH it.

You are the master. I am still an apprentice! 

The wife’s new holiday candle holder was sitting on the table...?

Yeah, so I’m enjoying this 1920 tonight.  I honestly think it’s OF’s best product.

29D2967C-7718-406A-BC3D-206C8510FD7B.jpeg

• I like it 6

8 hours ago, 0895 said:

The wife’s new holiday candle holder was sitting on the table...?

Yeah, so I’m enjoying this 1920 tonight.  I honestly think it’s OF’s best product.

29D2967C-7718-406A-BC3D-206C8510FD7B.jpeg

And what particular holiday would this be celebrating?  Opening day of deer season?  ?

• I like it 6

4 hours ago, DCFan said:

And what particular holiday would this be celebrating?  Opening day of deer season?  ?

I’ll let you ask her...

• I like it 2

7 hours ago, 0895 said:

I’ll let you ask her...

Uh oh.....  :huh:

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

Started with KC store pick, now sipping some CEHT BiB along with a stogie and the blues playing on the patio.  It's all gravy.......

• I like it 1

Been on a bottle killing mission lately along with a bit of a Wild Turkey kick. Needed a 200 mL bottle, so grabbed this at the store, and it fits both recent themes. We'll see how long it lives.

image.thumb.png.ae5a817723d7d70e1e887c5482f5918c.png

• I like it 1

I’ve decided I’m an EW fan. I think the EW Black is maybe the best under 90 proof whiskey out there so I picked up a EW 1783, which I assumed would be an amped up version of Black. Wow what a disappointment. Very flat and watered down. I can’t complain, especially at the price but how sad. I just need to go back to EW BIB, or maybe JW Dant BIB. Issue is I’ve only seen it now in a plastic 1.75.

• I like it 1

Shared a bit of WT Revival with a neighbor friend last night, also had some on Thanksgiving as I have designated that bottle as by celebratory Thanksgiving pour. Fantastic bottle and very glad to have picked one up, it is special, and for the price it should be!!

Had a pretty good day in the office today, so decided to open a Barton BIB 6 yr.  it does get one to question one’s situation when opening a $10 bourbon is ones celebratory pour... :D

1BA890FA-DBA0-43D5-8CC1-17071EDDE37B.jpeg

• I like it 5

Sitting outside on a nice 73 degree evening before a cold front blows through.  Got some Christmas music piping through the Sonos with the doors open.  Went with some S-W WSR from 1990-something.  It's a warm weather pour for me for whatever reason.  I get lots of fruity notes.

IMG_20191205_1701032.jpg

• I like it 4

I decided to let the most recent addition to my Weller Blend sit for a few days before having a pour. Crappy day at work <_<, so...........

To paraphrase a saying from Vosgars and my old bowling team;  “Same as it ever was.”  ?

Biba! Joe

32 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I decided to let the most recent addition to my Weller Blend sit for a few days before having a pour. Crappy day at work <_<, so...........

To paraphrase a saying from Vosgars and my old bowling team;  “Same as it ever was.”  ?

Biba! Joe

Funny. All my bowling team ever said was, “Over the line!”

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.