What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Fall 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Almost the end of an era. I think this is my last one. I still have at least one green label 90 proof left. And..I like that one a little better.

20191208_185642-784x1613.jpg

• I like it 7

10 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Almost the end of an era. I think this is my last one. I still have at least one green label 90 proof left. And..I like that one a little better.

Is the green label still available? 

11 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

Readily available around Bowling Green.

• I like it 1

42 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

Yes.

In KY only though.

90p , 6 year

• I like it 1

A little OBSK sbsbs tonight, before I finish the bottle on the right.

The sample jar is from the same rick(run) as the bottle on the right. QN 21 from a couple years back.

The middle is from the rick they are currently pulling from for private selections (KE 63).

Anyway, they range from 8yrs, 2m - 8yrs, 8m.

They are all very similar, but I like the new bottle slightly better.

It has a little touch of oak at the end that is very nice.

BE37FDE7-CA90-4CD3-8C55-F755648B242A.jpeg

• I like it 1

39 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Yes.

In KY only though.

90p , 6 year

I should have my mule bring me back some. ?

• I like it 1

Sipping 4R PS OBSV tonight.  10Y 1M.   Nice thick oily mouthfeel and just enough heat.   But it reminds me that I'm a "E" guy when it comes to Four Roses.

Friday night I had a pour of EW BIB, which I had never tried before.  I was pleasantly surprised.  Saturday night at Bristol Bar & Grille in Louisville their list still showed Fighting Cock 6 year.  I asked and our server checked and yes it was still the age stated version.  Enjoyed a pour of it.  Wish it was still available age stated.

Last night while watching MNF I started with a pour of OGD BIB and followed it with some WR wheat whiskey.

On 12/8/2019 at 8:07 PM, Clueby said:

I've got one left and holding on to it to share with my kids.  Plan to do a flight of Heaven Hill BIB products.

• I like it 3

Early Times BiB. Have to pick this up in MI when I visit but this is one of the new value pour heavyweights. Just want it available everywhere.

1 minute ago, BMartin42 said:

Early Times BiB. Have to pick this up in MI when I visit but this is one of the new value pour heavyweights. Just want it available everywhere.

Chicago has it, FYI 

• I like it 1

Wanted our thing different today so stopped on the way hi and picked this up. The cognac really shines through on this. 

D471B51B-558D-4306-8B28-CC794A946C6F.jpeg

On 12/8/2019 at 9:36 AM, smokinjoe said:

That’s Ahiya...  :D

I'm from Ohio and can confirm that Joe has the pronunciation correct.

Chicago has it, FYI 

This is great to know. Thanks! Never seen it downstate but can have family nab it for me up there.

Da Bears
  • I like it 1

Helped a sales team close a deal worth tens of millions of $, they treated me to steak and drinks. Papiez and BTACs were had. Man, I'm an engineer, I'm not used to hanging out with finance and marketing and sales. It all felt like a scene from the American Psycho to me.

• I like it 6

Because I said I knew Marekv, I got this Woodford with a shmancy wood stirrer on the house on Delta from Chicago to ATL tonight...They didn’t pony up for a tray, though...  ?

6582E81C-C310-4D48-9F81-2AC93F8019C1.jpeg

Edited by smokinjoe
  • I like it 3

27 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Because I said I knew Marekv, I got this Woodford with a shmancy wood stirrer on the house on Delta from Chicago to ATL tonight...They didn’t pony up for a tray, though...  ?

That's funny - on my last flight I said I knew smokinjoe, and they told me JBW was $50, cash only.

• I like it 5

That's funny - on my last flight I said I knew smokinjoe, and they told me JBW was $50, cash only.

LOL!!! [emoji23]
  • I like it 1

1 hour ago, The Black Tot said:

That is good!  You dawg!  :D On my last flight through Heathrow I said I knew TBT, and they shite in the glass and said enjoy the funky fine sipping rum...

• I like it 3

1 minute ago, Patrick_OKC said:

Continuing with stuff from the back of the closet. Some W107 with paper label.

Pat

“Atta boy Luther!”  ? 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

Got to spend a fine few hours yesterday evening with @fosmith and his son.  We enjoyed the following:

HH BiB 6 year

EW BiB

Stagg Jr Batch 12

Little Book 3

Sunny Brook 1980 dusty

L’Encantada 20 year Bas Armagnac K&L PS

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.