What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Fall 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

But....but...but.....

you forgot or got to turn the bottle just so, to show the peoplez how much more better your BT is.......

• I like it 2

had a pour of WT101 last night while mounting a scope on my new smoke pole to get it ready for the upcoming muzzle-loader season.

• I like it 3

Did some SBS this week!

2018 KoK (left) vs 2019 KoK (right)

IMG_20191209_173435.jpg

OKI 12 yr single barrel vs OKI 12 

IMG_20191210_195910.jpg

Edited by ABVT
  • I like it 1

25 minutes ago, ABVT said:

Did some SBS this week!

IMG_20191209_173435.jpg

OKI 12 yr single barrel vs OKI 12 

IMG_20191210_195910.jpg

Wow! Great SBSs. That ‘19 KoK looks really dark!

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, ABVT said:

Did some SBS this week!

IMG_20191209_173435.jpg

so, I liked the ‘18 slightly better.

what say you?

I probably couldn’t tell you which barrels I’ve tried of the ‘18 though...

Edited by 0895

32 minutes ago, 0895 said:

so, I liked the ‘18 slightly better.

what say you?

I probably couldn’t tell you which barrels I’ve tried of the ‘18 though...

The 18 as well. That being said. The '19 had only been opened for a week. I just thought the 2018 KoK was a little lighter, and little more dynamic. 

Edited by ABVT
  • I like it 1

21 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Because I said I knew Marekv, I got this Woodford with a shmancy wood stirrer on the house on Delta from Chicago to ATL tonight...They didn’t pony up for a tray, though...  ?

6582E81C-C310-4D48-9F81-2AC93F8019C1.jpeg

I’m waiting for your tasting notes on how it pairs with the bag of cheez-its. 
Knowing me, it will make me go out and buy cheez-its. 

• I like it 1

On my way home from Jackson Hole and got delayed due to weather so I missed my connecting flight. Now I have 5 hours to kill at the Delta Sky Club in SLC. The complimentary bourbon here is the Old Fo 86 proof and in this situation it’s just fine. 

• I like it 2

26 minutes ago, flahute said:

On my way home from Jackson Hole and got delayed due to weather so I missed my connecting flight. Now I have 5 hours to kill at the Delta Sky Club in SLC. The complimentary bourbon here is the Old Fo 86 proof and in this situation it’s just fine. 

I’m not adverse to the free Jack Daniel’s in Delta’s Sky Club, but the addition of Old Forester has been a welcome addition these last couple months.  ORD had a nice full bottle ready for me yesterday during my 3 hour wait!  :D  Next, treat yourself to one of them bags of Cheez-It’s on the plane.  You’ll thank me, brother.. :D

• I like it 1

While here in Indianapolis it has been Buffalo Trace at the hotel bar. Fortunately they have an excellent bottle. 

I’m not adverse to the free Jack Daniel’s in Delta’s Sky Club, but the addition of Old Forester has been a welcome addition these last couple months.  ORD had a nice full bottle ready for me yesterday during my 3 hour wait!  [emoji3]  Next, treat yourself to one of them bags of Cheez-It’s on the plane.  You’ll thank me, brother.. [emoji3]

I’m not a frequent traveler for work but we had 3 hours In PBI Sky Club a few weeks back and my boss and I put a hurt on their bottle of OF. Damn nice.

18 minutes ago, BigRich said:

I’m not a frequent traveler for work but we had 3 hours In PBI Sky Club a few weeks back and my boss and I put a hurt on their bottle of OF. Damn nice.

I’ve always overlooked it but have to concede it’s a good bourbon. 

Continuing to pull from the back of the closet, after ignoring it for so long. EJC 12, forgot how much I enjoy this one.

Pat

ejc 12.jpg

• I like it 5

46 minutes ago, ThomasGazelle said:

A little Makers Mark Cask Strength and some classic literature in front of the tree tonight. 

AA20223B-C602-43EE-A995-A015ED3629EC.jpeg

That sounds like a great evening.  Cheers to you.

• I like it 1

W.B. Saffell tonight, and loving it. Must have been readily apparent to Mrs. Vosgar that I was enjoying it as well. Her comment to me was "must be a good one, you're chewing it" :D

• I like it 7

47 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

Her comment to me was "must be a good one, you're chewing it" :D

This made me laugh! 

Austere and dry delivery with a complex finish with familiar secondary sweet notes but less mouthwatering fruit than the 7yo. Still very much Baker’s— but an interesting extension.  The new closure is pretty but woefully inadequate in regard to preventIng oxidation and leakage. 

24672D56-2D53-4A12-BA7A-4BAC4D9C747F.thumb.jpeg.a77f24541d57828d749ddf1b8892d61d.jpeg

• I like it 4

Once again having some 2012 FR LE SmB and coming away disappointed. Not that it's horrible but it's probably my least favorite LE, maybe even PS, FR I've had. Granted, my expectations for their LE's is always very high but after having a handful of pours over the last 3 months, I'm wondering what went wrong. This combination of recipes should be outstanding so maybe it's just me.

P1050456.JPG

• I like it 1

On 12/12/2019 at 8:17 PM, Vosgar said:

W.B. Saffell tonight, and loving it. Must have been readily apparent to Mrs. Vosgar that I was enjoying it as well. Her comment to me was "must be a good one, you're chewing it" :D

I know of one place local that has some left. I’ll likely buy them out. It’s so good. 

1 hour ago, Vosgar said:

Once again having some 2012 FR LE SmB and coming away disappointed. Not that it's horrible but it's probably my least favorite LE, maybe even PS, FR I've had. Granted, my expectations for their LE's is always very high but after having a handful of pours over the last 3 months, I'm wondering what went wrong. This combination of recipes should be outstanding so maybe it's just me.

P1050456.JPG

I’ll sacrifice myself and humbly offer my palate for research purposes...

References include keeping all 10 recipes open perpetually, along with the 4 standard “shelf” offerings, and several LE’s.

?

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.