What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Fall 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, Vosgar said:

Once again having some 2012 FR LE SmB and coming away disappointed. Not that it's horrible but it's probably my least favorite LE, maybe even PS, FR I've had. Granted, my expectations for their LE's is always very high but after having a handful of pours over the last 3 months, I'm wondering what went wrong. This combination of recipes should be outstanding so maybe it's just me.

P1050456.JPG

Wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutt?....................

This is an all time fave.

Continuing to reach only into the back reaches of the closet. In this case, Smooth Ambler Old Scout 100 proof, bottled by (who else?) Sarah.

Good stuff.

Pat

smooth ambler pic two.jpg

smooth ambler pic 1.jpg

• I like it 7

Happy Holidays!  Brought this one back from duty free, and it tastes good.  I rarely drink Maker's but that'll do, pig.

IMG_3923.thumb.jpg.4af77c67f63b0ba53b1dca367ccd718d.jpg

• I like it 2

ECBP B519. Seems to improving slightly with time.
Adjustments.thumb.jpg.187fed752fa83b2ec73f649c15d6ef3a.jpg

Decided to match my socks today.
Adjustments.thumb.jpg.077d0b6635700e75a890812f0c3737d1.jpg

These socks make me jealous.
  • I like it 1

Once again having some 2012 FR LE SmB and coming away disappointed. Not that it's horrible but it's probably my least favorite LE, maybe even PS, FR I've had. Granted, my expectations for their LE's is always very high but after having a handful of pours over the last 3 months, I'm wondering what went wrong. This combination of recipes should be outstanding so maybe it's just me.

P1050456.thumb.JPG.e9f512125a82305fd02112865c8b922c.JPG

Well if you don’t like it you can dispose of it by pouring it right down my drain.

Happy Holidays!  Brought this one back from duty free, and it tastes good.  I rarely drink Maker's but that'll do, pig.
IMG_3923.thumb.jpg.4af77c67f63b0ba53b1dca367ccd718d.jpg

I enjoyed this one way more than I should.

This 14yr 2mo KC pick has basically none of the peanut brittle I get in all other KC picks I've had. It's absolutely incredible, so I decided to toss it up next to B517, so it's close in proof. These are both fantastic. I cant say I prefer one over the other. Great pours while watching the President's Cup.

20191214_195555.jpg

• I like it 2

Got a new Four Roses bar mat along with an awesome rocks glass with a big heavy base so I decided to christen the glass with the '19 4RLESmB. Damn is this fine, fine bourbon. This is Brent Elliot's first grand slam. '15 and '17 were great. This one is even better. 

• I like it 4

Just found out earlier this week that my brother-in-law has ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease). So tonight he wanted to sit by a fire. So I pulled out a Pappy 20y to share with him. 

CCB0D69B-E2EC-46C4-ADD3-9D2321103E3F.jpeg

FB138F93-9C04-4765-A778-44EC4F3AAC10.jpeg

• I like it 24

This is a great BiB wheater.  So much depth and complexity on the nose and palate.  My first bottle but not my last...

mckenzie.jpg

• I like it 3

13 minutes ago, LCWoody said:

Just found out earlier this week that my brother-in-law has ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease). So tonight he wanted to sit by a fire. So I pulled out a Pappy 20y to share with him. 

Damn......just damn. Pull out any whiskey that he wants. We are praying for all of you.

• I like it 8

34 minutes ago, LCWoody said:

Son of a Bitch. I'm real sorry to hear this. I realize you know this , but soak up every moment with him. Prayers for your brother in law, his wife & family & you. 

• I like it 5

40 minutes ago, LCWoody said:

Life is short, enjoy it and don’t sit on good whiskey.   Drink it. 

• I like it 9

3 minutes ago, LCWoody said:

Life is short, enjoy it and don’t sit on good whiskey.   Drink it. 

Preach On Brother. 

Enjoying a little ETL this evening. 

This one is deeper than an Oklahoma spring fed blue hole. 

Cheers

2 hours ago, LCWoody said:

God bless him and you.

• I like it 1

A change of pace. WTRB, current batch. 

Yes, that scratches the itch just fine, thank you. 

Cheers

9 hours ago, LCWoody said:

Aww, Man!   Just is just AWFUL news for your family, LCW, especially for your B-i-L.   

Please pass along my best hopes for a VERY slow and l o o n n g progression for him.   As others have said, I hope for him and your family that life can and will be enjoyed to the utmost as often and as well as possible (including all the best whiskey that can be poured!) during all his remaining time, for as many years as the Good lord sees fit to allow. 

I'll add one more suggestion: seek out a bottle (or more!) of Parker's Heritage... starting with 'Promise of Hope' if you can find one, and savor with love, as they were made for exactly this purpose.

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, Richnimrod said:

Aww, Man!   Just is just AWFUL news for your family, LCW, especially for your B-i-L.   

Please pass along my best hopes for a VERY slow and l o o n n g progression for him.   As others have said, I hope for him and your family that life can and will be enjoyed to the utmost as often and as well as possible (including all the best whiskey that can be poured!) during all his remaining time, for as many years as the Good lord sees fit to allow. 

I'll add one more suggestion: seek out a bottle (or more!) of Parker's Heritage... starting with 'Promise of Hope' if you can find one, and savor with love, as they were made for exactly this purpose.

I had forgotten about that. I do have 2 bottles of PoH left. I will definitely open one with him. Thanks

• I like it 6

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.