What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Fall 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just found out earlier this week that my brother-in-law has ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease). So tonight he wanted to sit by a fire. So I pulled out a Pappy 20y to share with him. 

CCB0D69B-E2EC-46C4-ADD3-9D2321103E3F.thumb.jpeg.f0c3de4de90b34ee2e9916772276e090.jpeg
FB138F93-9C04-4765-A778-44EC4F3AAC10.thumb.jpeg.8da78560daffd5ef4d1952b39514340a.jpeg

So sorry! You are certainly doing the right thing by enjoying the time you have with him now, and enjoying some great bourbon together instead of waiting for later.
  • I like it 6

10 hours ago, Wedelstaedt said:

Impressions?

Like the rye better.  Not bad at all though.  I’ve had goat palate all week to be fair. 

Had a little tasting today at the Loch & K(e)y Society.  

A pre-game photo to get fishinbowljoe's heartbeat up and running, eyes dilated, and breathing heavy.     ?

11160.jpeg

And here's the humble line-up:

11152.jpeg

WInnahs (IMHO) were WLW, WFP L&K SiB, GTS, VWFRR13, PVW15 and ER17 (all 2019s) and the Saz18 (Spring 2016) in that order.  But what the heck do I know . . . . . . .   ?

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 17

Had a little tasting today at the Loch & K(e)y Society.  

A pre-game photo to get fishingbowljoe's heartbeat up and running, eyes dilated, and breathing heavy.     [emoji56]

11160.jpeg.ebd3ab1217fdc2e96417552516c023ec.jpeg

And here's the humble line-up:

11152.thumb.jpeg.992112b8051c83c1f69dfb4651c103f0.jpeg

WInnahs (IMHO) were WLW, WFP L&K SiB, GTS, VWFRR13, PVW15 and ER17 (all 2019s) and the Saz18 (Spring 2016) in that order.  But what the heck do I know . . . . . . .   [emoji1787]

Ha I posted the first pic from there instagram page. Nicely done. Did you actually get a whole case?
  • I like it 2

9 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Ha I posted the first pic from there instagram page. Nicely done. Did you actually get a whole case?

?

• I like it 1

[emoji850]

I don’t blame you there’s some thirsty SBers and they’d likely fill up inbox if you’d said yes.

That being said any trips to Houston planned?

2 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

That being said any trips to Houston planned?

That's a definite maybe in February, 2022 on my way to A&M for the SEC Swimming Championships.   ? 

• I like it 1

I posted this mix yesterday in the ice, ice baby thread.

I’m not a fan of bourbon with ice and certainly not bourbon and coke. Heck when I did mix bourbon I’d put bourbon and ginger. Well I’m kind of liking this mix with Mexican Coke and lime. Using my open higher proof bourbons, Stagg Jr. and Baker. I’ve had more bourbon and coke in the past two days than the past 20 years.

Yum

IMG_8528.jpg

Tried this Saturday evening.

Its good.

I like the Ezra 117p a little better.

C3F498AA-8F09-4544-B7D4-1359D29C5AFA.jpeg

Edited by 0895
  • I like it 1

7 hours ago, 0895 said:

Its good.

Newly opened bottle? Curious if you’ll have the experience that me and a couple other members had where it kind of washes out after a while. 

7 hours ago, 0895 said:

Its good.

And the Ezra is cheaper.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Supercharger said:

Newly opened bottle? Curious if you’ll have the experience that me and a couple other members had where it kind of washes out after a while. 

Not sure.

Its a friends bottle, so just a quick taste.

Its good, just for the cash, I definitely preferred the EZRA.

After an afternoon of shoveling the snow from the driveway, shuffling around bedroom furniture, and destroying our IKEA armoire with an axe (we no longer needed it, and it's a pain in the ass to move), this CS wheater isn't quite hitting the spot, but it's not bad. 

20191216_190640.jpg

Edited by JCwhammie

My post snow shoveling pour - WT 101.

To say Monday Night Football was a disappointment would be an understatement. ?

• I like it 3

Bought and cracked batch 13 today. Had a pour of JR about a year and a half ago but wasn’t near into bourbon then. Just remember being hot. This is damn good and honestly doesn’t drink near the proof. Definitely more like a BP BT due to age. Finish goes for days.
IMG_3916.jpg

• I like it 2

While patiently waiting for Santa Man, uncorked a pre-fire jug of EC12.  Wow.  Took it for granted then but appreciate it now.

• I like it 3

RE: All those rare releases on one table with a guy with thumbs up =

Um, Frank - I'm available for adoption.  I do dishes, laundry, vacuuming, and light dusting.  Plus, I don't eat much - hot dogs, Kraft dinner, and ice cream being staples, and I'll buy them myself.  Patti won't mind - it'll free up some dining room floor space currently covered with bottles.;) 

• I like it 2

On 12/16/2019 at 1:20 AM, 0895 said:

Its good.

THX.  While the old HH BIB 6 was so rare out here I only had two in my life, I've been awaiting the 7.  BUT, OE 117 is occasionally available.  Hence, I will stop pining for the HH BIB 7.  Indeed, I made it VBT 708.  (Or did I????)  Anyway, THX.

ON THREAD - As I posted elsewhere on SB a few minutes ago, I am deep into a Booker's Dot's Batch (2 OZ plus 2 small cubes - and this is my second.  Good day so I'm happy).

• I like it 1

Was Standard BT all night until I got home and poured a night cap of Knob Creek Quarter Oak. I still can’t decide if it’s just average or I love it and I’m halfway through the bottle. It seems different every time I pour it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.