What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Fall 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Yep, she does a great job on this every year. Last year she made chocolate acorns and meringue mushrooms to decorate it. It is very rich. I may wait to see what I get for Christmas before a final bourbon selection.

Just opened this bottle of 15.5yo KCSB from K&L. Very solid, lots of oak, which I enjoy. I was afraid it may have that flat, overly-oxidized taste (like a bottle that’s been open too long) I’ve detected in a couple older KCSB but this one is nice and sharp.
IMG_2549.jpg

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, StarSurfer55 said:

So my wife always makes a Buche de Noel cake at Christmas. Can’t wait to have some on Christmas Day. The only question is what bourbon to have with it. 

F08D96E6-4922-4940-A31B-141C8A074198.jpeg

Looks very tasty. Go with the highest proof bourbon you got.

6 hours ago, StarSurfer55 said:

So my wife always makes a Buche de Noel cake at Christmas. Can’t wait to have some on Christmas Day. The only question is what bourbon to have with it. 

It looks a bit like a Yule Log. It also looks delicious. :P

FWIW, my wife made mini chocolate cheese cakes this afternoon. They’ve been a family Thanksgiving and Christmas tradition for quite a number of years now. When she makes these and/ or cookies, I get to be the taste tester/sampler. I know it’s a tough job, but somebody has to do it. ^_^ Today, I really enjoyed some regular old BT while sampling, etc..  Just Sayin’. 

Biba! Joe

3 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

On the right: standard WT101

On the left: a vat I did today with 6oz WTRB and 9oz RR 10yr

This had a proof of 100.72. I then put 2 dashes of WTRB in to bring the bottle to incredibly close to 101 proof (I dont know the exact). I must say wow, this is fantastic. I cant get my nose out of my Glencairn. I love the standard for the price, but this blend adds some depth. I may have to put this in the feather bottle instead of WT101. I'd like to try this against some of the WTKS honey barrels. 

Nice.  Wild Turkey vat/blending experiments are a lot of fun.  Even though they only have one bourbon mashbill, they have so many expressions that range from young/spicy to aged/dry, plus a wide range of proofs available through the years, that it's fun to mix them up to find a good balance.

My favorite is to use the young and hot 112.8 rare breed (which I don't care for myself on its own) as way to liven up the tame, underproof  or boring expressions like Diamond Anniversary (or one of the bland WTKS barrels).  The RB112.8 X Diamond blend results in something much better than either on its own.

Edited by Kepler
proof

Starting my Christmas with a pour of Baker’s  Single Barrel in a Christmas

Snowman kiddie cup and 3 ice cubes from the freezer.  ?

9B8D9004-676E-4145-B264-15839EB6C281.jpeg

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Starting my Christmas with a pour of Baker’s  Single Barrel in a Christmas

Snowman kiddie cup and 3 ice cubes from the freezer.  ?

9B8D9004-676E-4145-B264-15839EB6C281.jpeg

That stuff is fantastic.

Even the snowman is smiling!

As I prepare to have my family descend on my home tomorrow I'm enjoying this immensely, Happy Holidays folks, hope you all enjoy the time with whomever you choose to spend it with.

y4me9YdhAytD5zVYg2927CCXq8lPCuLsd5SlnjId

• I like it 8

As I prepare to have my family descend on my home tomorrow I'm enjoying this immensely, Happy Holidays folks, hope you all enjoy the time with whomever you choose to spend it with.
y4me9YdhAytD5zVYg2927CCXq8lPCuLsd5SlnjIdU0YPjkEm-i_6vRr4M1bxoBVUYAd36cE5zsMRxea_VtYNOb-pONB1-9AekegdYaD7_hA28kersQFfPvQsP113uuEIAMoVaGsujwjaJAARuZ0poGZpKyhxwwSCt_2DYFdZqRTSvvuI-Vvu9I8-UJQmd8A7tJ6?width=768&height=1024&cropmode=none

Need that album.
  • I like it 1

Celebrating a win in my home fantasy football league that I've been in for more than 20 years. I've won 5 out of the last 7 ( and was in all 7) so the KING George T Stagg came out followed by some WLW. It's a good night.

• I like it 6

Evan Williams bib 

Old Forester 

FEW 

E.H Taylor Single Barrel 

That's pretty much the selection for the holidays. 

• I like it 1

9 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

y4me9YdhAytD5zVYg2927CCXq8lPCuLsd5SlnjId

Need Linus’ blanket. 

• I like it 3

Here it to everyone having a Merry Christmas.  I hope the old fat elf brings your bourbon of choice.  Those of you that get coal in your stocking “AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE” you should really try to do better next year.

• I like it 1

5 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

Need Linus’ blanket. 

Gahhhh! Just noticed that because you pointed it out. That's so good! 

• I like it 1

Having some Blanton’s while I watch a John Wayne western and put together a ship in the bottle LEGO set. I took the week off so it’s nice to have time to relax!

EEDE7D51-68AD-40F1-8A62-342F231DA79B.jpeg

• I like it 2

Mrs. Two fingers declared it coktail time, so I decided to go with the WLW.  Very nice and others here agree.  

IMG_20191224_153003670.jpg

• I like it 8

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.