What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Fall 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Decided to have my Christmas Cheer neat. Time to get my buds back! Thought I'd start out light with these little low proofers.

MERRCHRISTMAS!!!     

IMG_1411.thumb.jpg.81101d7c68b6bfe9eb0a453d4777cefc.jpg

• I like it 9

1 hour ago, DeepCover said:

Merry Christmas from TX!

06452881-7AE2-4D64-9B03-E890A6559BF4.jpeg

A nice pour, and I love the pool in the background shot as well! 

Cheers,

Nancy

• I like it 2

Not trying to be self-promoting with this post photo, just polishing off the end of my Magnus Cigar Blend Bourbon, batch #2. That particular batch is one of my personal favorites. 

Also included is a photo of a flight of 17, 18, 21, 25, and 30 year Jefferson's Reserve Bourbons, which I had the pleasure to enjoy while working in TX earlier this month. Of the two bottles from the Stitzel-Weller juice, the 17 year was exceptional. From the MGP juice, the 21 and 30 were the standouts. The 25 year was nice, but it didn't have the length and depth that I would expect on the palate. 

Cheers, and Happy Holidays all! Hope you all are drinking something special tonight. 

Nancy

IMG_3201 (1).jpg

IMG_3141.jpg

Edited by WhiskeyBlender
  • I like it 15

Not trying to be self-promoting with this post photo, just polishing off the end of my Magnus Cigar Blend Bourbon, batch #2. That particular batch is one of my personal favorites. 

Also included is a photo of a flight of 17, 18, 21, 25, and 30 year Jefferson's Reserve Bourbons, which I had the pleasure to enjoy while working in TX earlier this month. Of the two bottles from the Stitzel-Weller juice, the 17 year was exceptional. From the MGP juice, the 21 and 30 were the standouts. The 25 year was nice, but it didn't have the length and depth that I would expect on the palate. 

Cheers, and Happy Holidays all! Hope you all are drinking something special tonight. 
Nancy
717195149_IMG_3201(1).thumb.jpg.8d90c599fa873dc7f3ad82a3e3b0f007.jpg
IMG_3141.thumb.jpg.89ce2e5eee2d6bb1dbe57987ad12ec87.jpg

Enjoyed your recent appearance on YouTube with the Dummies Nancy! They need all the help they can get! [emoji6]
  • I like it 1

31 minutes ago, WhiskeyBlender said:

A nice pour, and I love the pool in the background shot as well! 

Cheers,

Nancy

Thanks! This will come in handy while Santa’s in his workshop tonight. I just hope I can close the shop before the kids wake up tomorrow morning.

• I like it 1

Nancy
717195149_IMG_3201(1).thumb.jpg.8d90c599fa873dc7f3ad82a3e3b0f007.jpg
IMG_3141.thumb.jpg.89ce2e5eee2d6bb1dbe57987ad12ec87.jpg

Wowser what a lineup. Merry Christmas to you and all the SBers.
  • I like it 1

22 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Need that album.

It's a fun listen once a year around the holidays kind of a mess and kind of great at the same time.

• I like it 1

Had some really nice rum while preparing the prime rib for dinner.

IMG_8573.jpg

IMG_8583.jpg

IMG_8584.jpg

Opened the Parker’s Curaçao barrel from last year with desert. I mean it’s not bad but way too much influence from the Curaçao barrels. It’ll take a while to consume.

Had some of a new bottle of McKenna and maybe it’s a lucky barrel but I forgot how much I like this stuff. It’s really the right proof and age for HH. It’s got less oak and is more dry than EC. If you’re like me and you prefer Buffalo Trace over Eagle Rare you’ll prefer this.

We gave Santa some cookies and the Texas classic. That fat bastard had a few three finger pours.

Merry Xmas.

IMG_8588.jpg

• I like it 6

Merry Christmas to all! Took the 6 year old grandson for a ride tonight to see Christmas lights, and fun was had by all. When home, opened an Old Scout Single Barrel, bottled in July 2016, by Sarah, of course. A blown cork ensued, but I have a bunch on hand to replace it. 

Pat

old scout single barrel back..jpg

old scout single barrel front.jpg

• I like it 5

The follow up pour is pretty delightful as well.

IMG_5700.thumb.jpg.97440f33fe7880a26be3962cc95ac59d.jpg

And I have high expectations for my nightcap as well. Christmas comes but once a year after all.

IMG_5702.jpg
  • I like it 3

And I have high expectations for my nightcap as well. Christmas comes but once a year after all.

IMG_5702.thumb.jpg.32b2e4d85ca3f4f7238f903144355923.jpg

So how would you rank them, I’d imagine squat bottle ORVW but everyone is different.

8 hours ago, BMartin42 said:

The follow up pour is pretty delightful as well.

IMG_5700.jpg

Me likee Gold!   ?

9 hours ago, BMartin42 said:

IMG_5702.jpg

How is it? I have yet to open mine.

13 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

Enjoyed your recent appearance on YouTube with the Dummies Nancy! They need all the help they can get! emoji6.png

Thanks @Icpfran, glad you enjoyed it. The Dummies are always a lot of fun!

• I like it 1

Merry Christmas all. Last night while finishing up preparations.

IMG_3925.thumb.jpg.eabc4191bd8afa3409c7c1e26b5d0bbf.jpg

Now after a great Christmas morning and lunch. While the kids nap enjoying with some home made bourbon, chocolate chunk and pecan cookies the Mrs. stayed up late making for me. Told her to use the OE7. Phenomenal and these two are basically like biscuits.

IMG_4007.thumb.jpg.2e05c71c5572c3ac0f2970fb09b4bd1a.jpg

17 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Had some really nice rum while preparing the prime rib for dinner.

IMG_8573.jpg

IMG_8583.jpg

IMG_8584.jpg

Opened the Parker’s Curaçao barrel from last year with desert. I mean it’s not bad but way too much influence from the Curaçao barrels. It’ll take a while to consume.

Had some of a new bottle of McKenna and maybe it’s a lucky barrel but I forgot how much I like this stuff. It’s really the right proof and age for HH. It’s got less oak and is more dry than EC. If you’re like me and you prefer Buffalo Trace over Eagle Rare you’ll prefer this.

We gave Santa some cookies and the Texas classic. That fat bastard had a few three finger pours.

Merry Xmas.

IMG_8588.jpg

I'll take some of that prime rid off your hands if you have any left, @HoustonNit. That photo is making my mouth water! ?

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.