What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Fall 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Santa was very good to me this year!  It is a little on the hot side for me at 119 proof but the port influence is very strong. I guess I could rephrase this in Star Wars terms  “. The port is strong with this one. “. sorry couldn’t help myself. 

5788A3F0-9A80-47CB-BD40-6606E8057213.jpeg

B2504FEF-D577-4620-88F7-871F46B37552.jpeg

• I like it 2

While Diageo doesn't get much (nah, any) respect, I enjoyed pours from R23 and FO earlier today, and plan on closing out the evening with a little W12 and some Weller blend.

Merry Xmas!!

Resizer_15773205130440.jpg

• I like it 1

Wrapping up a wonderful Christmas with a PS ER10 while watching It's A Wonderful Life. Cheers, Merry Christmas, and Hapoy Holidays to all of you SBers. 

20191225_192459.jpg

• I like it 5

I thought I would break into this after a long Christmas! My daughters first Christmas was great but exhausting. Cheers!

ECAFB9E9-6446-4266-BC52-065CF5E7A2DD.jpeg

• I like it 7

I'll take some of that prime rid off your hands if you have any left, [mention=12713]HoustonNit[/mention]. That photo is making my mouth water! [emoji6]

Ha, whenever you’re in Houston you’re welcome to as much as you want.
  • I like it 1

On 12/24/2019 at 1:20 PM, StarSurfer55 said:

Those of you that get coal in your stocking “AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE” you should really try to do better next year.

I will - I'm going for TWO pieces of coal!

9 hours ago, Adam777 said:

I thought I would break into this after a long Christmas! My daughters first Christmas was great but exhausting. Cheers!

ECAFB9E9-6446-4266-BC52-065CF5E7A2DD.jpeg

I opened my bottle too.  Had it at the same time we were sampling the PVW 15 & the 4R 2019 LE.  For me and most of the people in the room this was the winner.

• I like it 1

had a bit of angels envy earlier still a bit hot so i added on ic cube which tamed it down. Still strong with the port. 

15 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

I opened my bottle too.  Had it at the same time we were sampling the PVW 15 & the 4R 2019 LE.  For me and most of the people in the room this was the winner.

Wow that is interesting. I really enjoyed the couple pours I had, and would be interested in some blind tastings or comparisons. I’ll definitely be utilizing the decanter for maybe a daily drinker like WT101 or OGD BIB. Cheers!

So how would you rank them, I’d imagine squat bottle ORVW but everyone is different.

Sorry for the delay in response. Been busy for the Holiday.

The ORVW from that era is just really special. Just so full of butterscotch and caramel with candied fruits along side. Just an explosion of sweet goodness. That said it is a little one dimensional in that sense but a very special dimension.

I’d say the WTMK would rank 2nd for me. A bit overoaked for some probably but I love the char and cedar notes. The most complex of the three with a lot of dark fruit (plums?) and burnt sugar mixed in with all that oakiness. I get some baking spices which I’m terrible at picking out but I’d say cinnamon and nutmeg are the two I can pick out. I regret passing on these at 99.99 when I had the chance and wish I had a spare.

The Blanton’s Gold is amazing but just not on the same level as the other two. Very good and no complaints but just was out of its league in this lineup. Opinions will vary of course.
  • I like it 1

How is it? I have yet to open mine.

See my post above this one for details. I find it amazing and wish I had WAY more than just the one.
  • I like it 1

8 hours ago, Bbstout said:

IMG_20191229_151440921.jpg

That's a damned shame that the glasses cost more than the drink going inside them.  ?

2 hours ago, DCFan said:

That's a damned shame that the glasses cost more than the drink going inside them.  ?

Adjusted for inflation the Old Crow would be a whopping $9 today.

IMG_20191229_140935117_BURST001.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.