What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Fall 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

3 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Tonight's sips will be JAM - somehow I ended up with TWO open 750s.  Must have been during the NLCS or the World Series.:o

Tonight's sips WERE/ARE JAM.  Finished off an older batch (about 1.2 OZ) while putting the dishes in the dishwasher and now am sipping on a newer batch (numbers are downstairs but "71" was one of them).  Both are 100 proof, but I NEEDED the ice in them so I could take big sips.  Raked leaves today so I am thirsty.

ASIDE - Did I put enough excuses up there so I can go get a THIRD POUR later?  I think so.  Also, had a cholesterol test today and need some more bourbon to calm down from the anxiety.:ph34r:

Ah, one more day to go.  GBS RRSB to put this Thursday to bed, and looking forward to TGIF.  

3CF594A9-B550-4838-8760-1D308CFAC582.jpeg

• I like it 2

Having a bit of FRSB tonight. Waiting for the LSU-Bama game this weekend. Geaux, Tigers!

• I like it 1

20 hours ago, StarSurfer55 said:

Having a bit of FRSB tonight. Waiting for the LSU-Bama game this weekend. Geaux, Tigers!

Geaux, Tigers is the best phrase in college football!  I am only a casual LSU but still think that phrase is awesome!

Yep, it is a unique phrase. Of course, you should also have a dog named Phideaux as well!

Since living in Michigan, I have become much more interested in SEC football.  Kentucky is special to me since my Dad was from Jackson.  

End of the week,  closing it out with some Weller SR

• I like it 1

Standard Maker’s 46 Cask Strength is just stellar.  I’ve not found a PS selection mix that I like as much as this.  

6BCAC481-0EFF-4B89-A46B-97EB16DDB83B.jpeg

• I like it 4

Why does Beam wait every 5 years to put something like this out??

damn it is good. 

C8E13594-220E-4DD3-9A84-FF013C4564AE.jpeg

• I like it 4

My coworker keeps talking about Old Forester...  I finally caved in and bought a bottle of OF 1920 yesterday.  It is a bit expensive, so I consider it a splurge.  I drank some last night.  It was pretty good!  Not sure it is truly worth $59 plus tax, but it will last me a good while.  I don't drink a lot or often.

Finally finished my sample of New Riff bourbon from a fellow SB'er in the "Live Free or Die" state last nite - YUMMO!  Breathlessly awaitin'  PRM/LFoD swap date!   ?

Finished my Saturday morning chores.  Got the chicken on the smoker. Watching Penn State - Minnesota game as a warm up to the LSU - Bama game. I am a Western Michigan grad and the Minnesota coach, P.  J. Fleck, was the coach at WMU prior to Minnesota so I am pulling for the Gophers. 

Having a Fall Old Fashioned again.  Changed it up a bit and am using WT101 for the bourbon rather than BT. I think the hedger rye of the WT works better with the maple syrup. 

B11B2EED-2FA2-441D-A393-D106E7410477.jpeg

• I like it 1

Got my chores done, too, so settling in to an afternoon on the patio with Alabama and LSU on the radio and a GBS Russell’s Reserve PS in my glass.  Alabama radio guys doing the pre kickoff lineups, and can barely hear over “Sweet Home Alabama” blaring in the background.  That must be a heck of an atmosphere!  I have no idea how this game is going to go...

6215E5D1-D967-4E27-AFBF-93704DCEBDED.jpeg

Edited by smokinjoe
  • I like it 3

Still not allowed to post a photo from my phone, but a little Wild Turkey 101 to celebrate my Hilltoppers beating an SEC team today while I settle in to watch LSU and Bama.

• I like it 3

11 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Got my chores done, too, so settling in to an afternoon on the patio with Alabama and LSU on the radio and a GBS Russell’s Reserve PS in my glass.  Alabama radio guys doing the pre kickoff lineups, and can barely hear over “Sweet Home Alabama” blaring in the background.  That must be a heck of an atmosphere!  I have no idea how this game is going to go...

6215E5D1-D967-4E27-AFBF-93704DCEBDED.jpeg

But how's that pour? I have a warehouse T 7th floor that is outstanding. 

This is well-chosen, but the price puts it in  one hell of a single malt competitive set. 

71C473DE-31C5-4612-A163-3CED8815214E.thumb.jpeg.fa5989031ff41a685073257e2fb75184.jpeg

4 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

But how's that pour? I have a warehouse T 7th floor that is outstanding. 

Very thick and lots of brown sugar.  We picked that in 2015, and I think it is more than a little better than the Russell’s we picked in 2018.  

• I like it 1

On 11/7/2019 at 9:51 PM, StarSurfer55 said:

Uh, trying to figure - how come LSU let Bama score all those points at the end?  B Squad? C Squad?  {As an enthusiastic tackling dummy on my college's C Squad, I HAD to ask.:D;)]

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.