What Bourbon Did You Pass On Today (Fall 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 minute ago, fosmith said:

Passed on this for $100.  Probably a mistake ?

Jos. A. Magnus & Co. (13 years old) "Joseph Magnus" Barrel #1360 K&L Exclusive Single Barrel Cask Strength Indiana Straight Bourbon Whiskey

Depends on if it's from MGP or TN (Dickel). $100 is the normal price for these and for a 13 year MGP pick I probably would have grabbed 2 or 3. But I have a Dickel pick here which I am not a fan of - big Flintstones vitamin flavor overwhelms it.

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, EarthQuake said:

Depends on if it's from MGP or TN (Dickel). $100 is the normal price for these and for a 13 year MGP pick I probably would have grabbed 2 or 3. But I have a Dickel pick here which I am not a fan of - big Flintstones vitamin flavor overwhelms it.

It's labeled "Indiana Straight Bourbon Whiskey" so must be MGP

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, Clueby said:

Passed on WSR. First time I'd seen it under $20 in a while. I did pick up a HMcK10, though. 

20191127_111906.jpg

apparently I went to the wrong location on lunch today. Because the location I went to didn't have anything new up front.

4 hours ago, Clueby said:

Passed on WSR. First time I'd seen it under $20 in a while. I did pick up a HMcK10, though. 

20191127_111906.jpg

Someone's making sure you dont grab more than one. 

Screenshot_20191127-162554_Samsung Internet.jpg

• I like it 8

Jos. A. Magnus & Co. (13 years old) "Joseph Magnus" Barrel #1360 K&L Exclusive Single Barrel Cask Strength Indiana Straight Bourbon Whiskey

Yeah that’s asking price or actually better in today’s market. I think I’d pick up 13yr cask strength MGP at $100. That’s probably the best price out there right now and from the best bottler of this currently.

For comparison’s sake a local here got a Boone County 14yr barrel strength that they sold out in no time for $175. Than again that one was wrapped in butcher paper, does this Jos. a. Mag have some type of extras to make the taters go crazy?
  • I like it 1

8 hours ago, Clueby said:

Saw WSR for $69.99 at our local rapehole (thanks again for that one 0895!) Can't really say I passed on it because I wasn't looking to buy any but was still amazed at the price.

I've been looking for the current BOTM ever since smokinjoe mentioned the dusty Old Taylor similarities, but had come up empty. Last resort was today at this beautiful store with the sleazy owners. They didn't have it either, but the WSR was behind the counter at this ridiculous price.

I managed to leave the store, sphincter unharmed

• I like it 5

53 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

I managed to leave the store, sphincter unharmed

14 minutes ago, Galvin0791 said:

O M G... this goes hand-in-hand with "rapehole"

?

And butt pucker. :o

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

And butt pucker. :o

So the balloon knot is still....um...knotted?  *️⃣

6 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Haha secret service watching over the WSR stock.

I just don't think the resolution does his expression justice. It's kind of priceless...

20191127_111906.jpg.93ef9601d67518b043ed259afda8c36f.jpg

• I like it 3

12 minutes ago, The Black Tot said:

I just don't think the resolution does his expression justice. It's kind of priceless...

He’s just mad that nobody is buying the Winchester or Two Star that he recommends.

• I like it 7

He’s just mad that nobody is buying the Winchester or Two Star that he recommends.

Quote For Truth.
  • I like it 2

Passed on a Baker’s 13 for $108 then passed on it again a couple of days later in the same store for $228 after it was moved into the rape bait case. 

• I like it 1

Weller Full Proof for $299.99 and CEHT Amaranth for $499.99 in Somerset, NJ (before sales tax - oh, the horror!) last night.  "Saving them for our Premium customers."  They wouldn't let me take pics, either.  Remy Louis XIII for $3099.99 ("our cost"), tho'.  Too bad SWMBO was looking over my shoulder.   ?

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 1

7 hours ago, The Black Tot said:

“Another picture of this damn whiskey.  Ya know, I ain’t even going to tell him what he’s missing behind him...”

EFA3E3FE-1B7D-4F3E-B44F-60A8FA8EB97D.jpeg

Edited by smokinjoe
  • I like it 9

36 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

“Another picture of this damn whiskey.  Ya know, I ain’t even going to tell him what he’s missing behind him...”

EFA3E3FE-1B7D-4F3E-B44F-60A8FA8EB97D.jpeg

Now I understand why you ended up buying that case of Cody Road, Joe. You've always been a sucker for a pretty.......er.......face

• I like it 2

10 hours ago, parksmart said:

So the balloon knot is still....um...knotted?  *️⃣

Sounds like the behymen is still intact. 

Now I understand why you ended up buying that case of Cody Road, Joe. You've always been a sucker for a pretty.......er.......face

Baseball and ass are pretty much the only things that I’ve seen take Joe’s attention away from the bourbon aisle. I think the case of Cody Road just fell in when his cart bumped the aisle during his whiplash moment.
  • I like it 1

Passed on Eagle Rare in Michigan while making a grocery run for the MIL. Always been 31.99 here so I’ve grabbed a few to take home to Illinois where it’s 39.99. Today...39.99 here as well.

On 11/25/2019 at 4:33 AM, DCFan said:

I saw a bunch in Arlington and McLean and a lot more in the Dulles area but I didn't want to spend $70 on an unknown when the regular MM is right in my wheelhouse.

I've never had the store pick, so I think I'll pick this up for the Black Friday 20% off sale.

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, afmadd said:

I've never had the store pick, so I think I'll pick this up for the Black Friday 20% off sale.

Great idea.  I bought a store pick of WTKS not long ago.  First time I had that variety so I had nothing to compare it against but it sure went down smooth. ;) 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.