What Bourbon Did You Pass On Today (Fall 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

4 hours ago, Vosgar said:

Smokinjoe and I are gonna have to toast this once in a lifetime achievement in Bardstown :P :D

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Remember this day.........

10 hours ago, Vosgar said:

Smokinjoe and I are gonna have to toast this once in a lifetime achievement in Bardstown :P :D

Can we watch???   ?

• I like it 1

Passed on Yellowstone LE 2019 @$99. I’m sure it’s decently good, but I just couldn’t bring myself to pull the trigger on it. I might go back to try one of the single barrel Binny’s picks @$40 though. Has anyone tried any of those from Binny’s? Yellowstone is one I haven’t ventured to try yet, so not sure what to expect.

7 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

OESK 10yr 8mo $72

holding out for magnus SB

Did you try sample of that and just not like it? 10+ OESK is something I buy automatically pretty much. But, not everybody has the same preferences as me of course. 

• I like it 3

7 minutes ago, BottledInBond said:

Did you try sample of that and just not like it? 10+ OESK is something I buy automatically pretty much. But, not everybody has the same preferences as me of course. 

Came super close to buying it but i have bought way too much here in Nov/Dec.  I have a lottery on Sun, Mon, Tues, and Thursday and maybe Saturday. Jos Magnus SB 13 yr is coming out in a couple days .. rarity in Nashville. And Christmas in 2.5 weeks. Thought about stashing one in the rum aisle for Feb

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, JSpartan said:

Passed on Yellowstone LE 2019 @$99. I’m sure it’s decently good, but I just couldn’t bring myself to pull the trigger on it. I might go back to try one of the single barrel Binny’s picks @$40 though. Has anyone tried any of those from Binny’s? Yellowstone is one I haven’t ventured to try yet, so not sure what to expect.

The yellow stone is really good - and worth the $100 by my pallet.   Remains a sleeper.

6 minutes ago, geclbxf said:

The yellow stone is really good - and worth the $100 by my pallet.   Remains a sleeper.

Agree.  We tried the previous 4 Yellowstone LE when on a private tour at Limestone Branch.  All were very good.  I'm actively searching for it now that it has hit the shelves...

1 minute ago, gurgalunas said:

Agree.  We tried the previous 4 Yellowstone LE when on a private tour at Limestone Branch.  All were very good.  I'm actively searching for it now that it has hit the shelves...

I liked the 18 even better than the 19 - but they are both really great.

2 hours ago, The Black Tot said:

You're a sick puppy, GeeTen :) 

Yeah, he is. We need to have SWMBO reign him in a bit :D

Edited by Vosgar
  • I like it 2

2 hours ago, The Black Tot said:

You're a sick puppy, GeeTen :) 

Why thank you, thank you very much (uttered in my best Elvis voice)!   ?

• I like it 2

Tempted by 1792 Full Proof at $49.99 this morning, but passed.  Then K&L notification hit this afternoon that 27 bottles of it were available on their website.  Didn’t click right away, then checked about 15 mins later.  All gone.  

12 hours ago, parksmart said:

Tempted by 1792 Full Proof at $49.99 this morning, but passed.  Then K&L notification hit this afternoon that 27 bottles of it were available on their website.  Didn’t click right away, then checked about 15 mins later.  All gone.  

I saw those and passed too.  The regular FP is not my favorite but I was able to get one of K&L FP single barrel  picks that they had a while back.  Looking forward to trying that when I finish my B&B FP pick which I'm enjoying. 

Veddy tempted by KC 12 year for $47.99 at Costco, but left it with the cashier when I checked out.  Got some 14 year SB store picks still in the bunker.

Also passed on Barrell 10 year for $69.99 at the same Costco.

On 12/4/2019 at 9:17 PM, Vosgar said:

A factory rep for one of our suppliers was in today and as usual he got to talking bourbon with me. He's relatively new to the spirit and in my opinion has more money than brains. He also has an obsession with PVW and now, Weller 12 (since it's the same as Pappy ?). Asked me to let him know if I ever see a bottle so I told him about this $99 one I had passed on yesterday. Without batting an eye, he wanted to know where it was and said he had no problem paying that kind of money.

Sent the rep a text this afternoon, and yes, he drove the 45 minutes to buy this overpriced bottle..... and thanked me for it

• I like it 1

How bad could it possibly be...?

I just couldnt pull the trigger. If it were 90 proof or higher, I wouldve gambled on it. 

20191210_164628.jpg

37 minutes ago, clearmoon247 said:

Its possibly Heaven Hill or Barton sourced. Can't be all bad. 

Sorry, but yes it could. I once bought a handle of Gran Legacy (pretty sure it’s from Barton) at CVS for $16.99. Awful stuff. ?

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, 0895 said:

Not to be outdone by @JCwhammie,

I passed on these two gems today.

?

A316F56A-9A21-4AB2-96E6-C962E5627479.jpeg

Oh - there are initials in the name - that HAS to be good then...

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, BottledInBond said:

Passed on Bib & Tucker 12 year for $135. Laughable 

Isnt it Dickel.. i passed on same

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.