What Bourbon Did You Pass On Today (Fall 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

23 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

How bad could it possibly be...?

I just couldnt pull the trigger. If it were 90 proof or higher, I wouldve gambled on it. 

20191210_164628.jpg

Dier god...

• I like it 2

On 12/10/2019 at 5:51 PM, JCwhammie said:

How bad could it possibly be...?

I just couldnt pull the trigger. If it were 90 proof or higher, I wouldve gambled on it. 

20191210_164628.jpg

For some 40+ years, our local deli has been selling a house brand KSBW 80 proof.  About 20 years ago when the founding family sold the deli, I learned that their bourbon was from HH.  The new owners (Hi, Bill) continued selling this house brand, and it still is (or so I am told) HH 80 proof 4/4+ years.  THIS post encouraged me to buy my FIRST bottle of it.  So, THANKS.

Edited by Harry in WashDC

Trying to exercise some self-restraint, even when the temptation is mighty.  Passed on 3 bottles of ECBP B519 on the shelf for $47.99.  Then when presented with 3 bottles of HMcK10 at $32.99, I picked up one bottle for @fosmith and left 2 behind.

Far easier to pass on W12 @ $119.99 at a later stop.

3 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

For some 40+ years, our local deli has been selling a house brand KSBW 80 proof.  About 20 years ago when the founding family sold the deli, I learned that their bourbon was from HH.  The new owners (Hi, Bill) continued selling this house brand, and it still is (or so I am told) HH 80 proof 4/4+ years.  THIS post encouraged me to buy my FIRST bottle of it.  So, THANKS.

Cheers, Harry!

7 hours ago, tascabe said:

Oh - there are initials in the name - that HAS to be good then...

@0895  We probably need to have another get together to compare these 3, Kirkland Bourbon (Costco Dickel), and Trader Joe's Bourbon. Then again maybe that's a crap idea. 

Edited by JCwhammie

10 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

We probably need to have another get together to compare these 3, Kirkland Bourbon (Costco Dickel), and Trader Joe's Bourbon. Then again maybe that's a crap idea. 

Could be a crapload of fun! Toss in a VOB 80 or some other low proof major distillery bourbon and have a blind sbs just for the hell of it.

22 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

We probably need to have another get together to compare these 3, Kirkland Bourbon (Costco Dickel), and Trader Joe's Bourbon. Then again maybe that's a crap idea. 

I’m busy that day...

• I like it 4

23 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

Could be a crapload of fun! Toss in a VOB 80 or some other low proof major distillery bourbon and have a blind sbs just for the hell of it.

Maybe add Cody Road too?  ?

Biba! Joe

4 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Maybe add Cody Road too?  ?

Biba! Joe

:D Too expensive

On 12/11/2019 at 9:45 PM, Vosgar said:

You know Walmart has their own private label Bourbon.

I believe it's 3 year old Barton.

9 hours ago, mal00768 said:

I’m not sure what the frack is going on here. At least it was age stated I guess? 4 years old.

82FAF3B8-10E5-4CD3-87E0-A7A7E8B39D39.jpeg

I wonder if Beam/Suntory is aware of this obvious rip-off of their 'Devil's Cut' branding?   I would assume lawyers will be involved... or should be.

• I like it 1

Traveling for work I shopped at a frequently visited store and passed on ECBP for $69.99.  It was tempting since this is the first bottle I have seen on the shelf in a while.  I also passed on a store pick of KCSB for $49.99.   Both were priced in line with today's prices but I would rather stock up with staples.  I plan to shop at a local store with a 20% off sale so I can pick up several staples and a few bottles I wouldn't normally buy for slightly more money.   I like nice bottles but only at a reasonable price.

• I like it 1

I saw a shelf full of HMcK10 today @ $53.00.   Too rich for me at that price, and I've got some tucked away in the bunker anyhow.

Today was delivery day for ER, Blantons, Stagg Jr, EHT SmB and BH10.  I've got plenty of the BT products and no interest in the 80 proof BH10.  

52 minutes ago, gurgalunas said:

Today was delivery day for ER, Blantons, Stagg Jr, EHT SmB and BH10.  I've got plenty of the BT products and no interest in the 80 proof BH10.  

And you sir, are a very astute man. ?

Biba! Joe

5 hours ago, Bourbinvestor said:

I'm regretting passing on this little package deal.

20191206_173753.jpg

Not a bad deal.  I would have gone for the "2 or more".

At Costco over weekend passed on HH 7year BIB (hadn’t seen before) at $32.99 I think and although not bourbon also passed on pikesville at 39.99 

These babies are just sitting there taking up valuable shelf space in my LS. Tried to angle the camera to show how deep they are. :)  Priced at $149.99 plus tax.

WC (2).jpg

I went to my local TW and saw a display of a new PS 4R, which always grabs my interest. I got excited when I saw it is OBSQ, which is one of my favorites. Then I saw the price: $89.95. Holy crap! I was under the impression these were going to stay around $70 for a while. Nope, they have gone from around $55 three years ago to $90. Hard pass.

I walked out with my intended target: WTRB for $41.99. 

• I like it 7

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.